The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

What would people's reaction be if Pace made a bold move up for a QB?

What if Tua slides a bit because of the health concerns, would people be okay with an aggressive move up [#conviction] for him?

No leftys

11 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm getting pretty sick of these tapes that agents are putting out. The Mississippi State CB's 40 time improved by 0.3 and now Raegor's by 0.2 with one of the fastest 40's ever? Come on. He does look good but that 40 and that 3 cone are among the best ever. GMAB

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm getting pretty sick of these tapes that agents are putting out. The Mississippi State CB's 40 time improved by 0.3 and now Raegor's by 0.2 with one of the fastest 40's ever? Come on. He does look good but that 40 and that 3 cone are among the best ever. GMAB

Oh it's all spin and noise -- they're doing their job as agents. Still, my guy!! xD

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

Oh it's all spin and noise -- they're doing their job as agents. Still, my guy!! xD

Oh absolutely. They can at least make it more believable. I consider myself a draftnik and some LSU WR I've truly never ever heard of ran a "4.28" "40 yard dash" the other day. At least say 4.42 or something. No one believes that s***

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What'd have been nice is a better camera angle so scouts could time it off video rather than rely on the agent's hand times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

If the dude with the slides on had the stop watch I get it. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I have grown a strong like for Michael Pittman.

Huge, solid routes, great hands. 

Was saying this the other day too. He’s not a burner but he’s a deep threat in the way Alshon was when he was here. He walks in the door way ahead of where we last saw Riley Ridley and Javon Wims in terms of ability IMO. Significant size mismatch for any corner, and he’d be getting #2 corners against which to work opposite ARob or in the slot. ARob/Pittman/Miller would be a pretty damn formidable top 3 IMO. 

People tend to show trepidation for making a move high for a WR in deference to Ridley being a 4th rounder last year, and I’m not looking to boot the guy off the roster, but he has shown NOOOOOOOTHING to date to justify walking into a real role in 2020. 

Pittman intrigued me as well, but I ask: where's the speed? I don't want a repeat of the Trestman Era where DBs squatted on every route because we had no deep threat on the roster. 

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

People tend to show trepidation for making a move high for a WR in deference to Ridley being a 4th rounder last year, and I’m not looking to boot the guy off the roster, but he has shown NOOOOOOOTHING to date to justify walking into a real role in 2020. 

To be fair, he sustained a hamstring injury and only played in about 5 games. It's probably too early to make any judgments.

I have made this argument and for me it's based on a comparative evaluation of depth at certain positions on the roster. The WR group has young players who were recently drafted while positions like OT or EDGE have no youth or depth of younger talent.

With that said, I believe it's most important to use the draft to find cheap, impactful players. The Bears are going to be a lot better off adding another Terry McLaurin than they would be adding an average rookie OL.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Pittman intrigued me as well, but I ask: where's the speed? I don't want a repeat of the Trestman Era where DBs squatted on every route because we had no deep threat on the roster. 

A 4.52 at 6’4” 225lbs is fine.

His testing numbers are identical to Mike Evans.

I worry about picking a lesser WR who has better speed for 2 reasons,

1. I am not sure Furrey is a really good WR coach. We haven’t seen anyone in that group make huge strides. It has taken Miller 1.5 years just to live up correctly.

2. Nagy hasn’t really shown he can get undersized speed the ball in the right situations and spots. Gabriel running a thousand WR screen for 3 yards.