The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

CB/OL/WR... I think one of those three is the target at #43.

Financially, we paid a ton of $$$ to address the pass rush, if we can add a first round quality corner at #43 and keep him for cheap for 4 years, that defense should be flawless.

• Like 1

Potential Draft Day Trades from Adam Jahns:

Bears give up #50 to Ravens for #55 and #106

Bears give up #43 to Eagles for #53, #103, and #190

Bears give up #50 to Seahawks for #59, #133, and 2021 fourth rounder

I think the value of the OG market is round 3

Hunt 

Simpson

Bredeson

Jackson

If we can target WR at 43 I think that opens up a nice trade down scenario where we could be dropping into the value of our biggest need.

Drop down to late 2 and have your pick of the OGs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

Give me the Seattle deal

• Like 1

Someone on Locked on Bears was talking about TYLER BIADASZ and it was interesting.

This is what he said in summary:

He was a top HS defensive line prospect who moved to OL at Wisconsin.   (Smart!  Smart college coaches should do that more often - better athletes on that side of the ball).    He was so good right away that they thought about taking away his redshirt year and just playing him.  

They moved Michael Dieter who is a current starting NFL guard off his position because of how highly they thought of Biadasz.

Apparently he was thought of as a top prospect in 2018 and played poorly in 2019 for whatever reason (probably injury) so he is out of sight out of mind right now.

Could be a trade down 3rd round target.

This would be a classic Pace move.  Targeting overlooked small school or big school injured players that may be better than their draft slot like Eddie Jackson.

I think Prince Tega Wanogho may be another prospect who could be under drafted and a Pace target.  I watched one of his games after someone asked me to and he looked to be visibly limping between plays and I said so.  

I just googled his name and surgery and yes he did have an injury and just played through it.  He had surgery sometime after Senior Bowl where they gave him a medical flag.

Two guys to keep an eye on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, G08 said:

The Eagles trade would hands down be the best for the Bears

3 hours ago, G08 said:

Was he just churning out hypotheticals, or did he have some inkling that there have been talks between these teams about the picks? 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Was he just churning out hypotheticals, or did he have some inkling that there have been talks between these teams about the picks? 

He was documenting teams with multiple draft picks and basing potential moves on what trades have occurred in the past in the same range.

48 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm so God damned sick of waiting for this draft. We can go 5 or 6 different ways and it's driving me insane.

xD

Plus, there are so many QBs and WRs in the mix, that it may mean that some guys will fall that probably shouldn't. (What if Hurts sneaks into the first, and five QBS are picked? Sends another guy down...) And there could be a whole ****load of trades, which could have a profound impact on the second round (and may make it harder for Pace to trade down, if he's leaning that way). It's going to be really weird. Since everything is jumbled, it'll add a lot of suspense to Day One, even for Bears fans...

• Like 1