The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

30 minutes ago, G08 said:

*best valley girl voice* EWWWWWWWuhhhh

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ehh, not snagging a lineman would be a bummer, for sure, but we could do a lot worse than Kmet and Hamler...

I agree, Heinz. They need OL but Pace may also want to do everything he can to make either QB look as good as possible. If he thinks the OL will rebound, giving them weapons may the route he goes.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think you could do it, otherwise. (Assuming you're meaning without a trade down, there.)

I think Hamler could be there in the 60's. It's certainly not ideal to wait but it's entirely possible. He isn't a perfect prospect

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I think Hamler could be there in the 60's. It's certainly not ideal to wait but it's entirely possible. He isn't a perfect prospect

I'm working on a mock where we trade down and pick Hamler at #60 then at the tail end of the 3rd following the trade down grab a TE like Albert Okwuegbunam...this would be a high risk move but if you get both those guys motivated and use them right it would chance this offence massively.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm working on a mock where we trade down and pick Hamler at #60 then at the tail end of the 3rd following the trade down grab a TE like Albert Okwuegbunam...this would be a high risk move but if you get both those guys motivated and use them right it would chance this offence massively.

Ha, my next mock has them taking Hamler on a trade down, too.

Okwuegbunam is so damn interesting. He was a lock as a 1st rounder coming into this year but Lock leaving Missouri killed him. He shows great ball skills & he's fast and athletic, but he's not overly willing as a blocker and some people question his love of football. I'm more than willing to take a flier on him in the 3rd.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Ha, my next mock has them taking Hamler on a trade down, too.

Okwuegbunam is so damn interesting. He was a lock as a 1st rounder coming into this year but Lock leaving Missouri killed him. He shows great ball skills & he's fast and athletic, but he's not overly willing as a blocker and some people question his love of football. I'm more than willing to take a flier on him in the 3rd.

I agree that if we can get him in the 3rd it's worth the risk...dude has the physical talent to be one of the best TEs in football...his size, length, strength & speed are all top rate...I love how physical he is vs. DBs one on one...just wish he was as physical when blocking. 

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe? And no, he isn't a perfect prospect...at all. He's tiny, for one thing, and we just got rid of Gabriel. Could be bringing in Gabriel 2.0.

38 minutes ago, G08 said:

I just don't like Kmet man... at all.

Outside of the underwhelming 40 time--what's wrong with Kmet? He's actually a guy I've seen some video of (and live games, to boot). How is he bad? Not being argumentative, just wondering what your issues with him are. 

Edited by Heinz D.

17 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Outside of the underwhelming 40 time--what's wrong with Kmet? He's actually a guy I've seen some video of (and live games, to boot). How is he bad? Not being argumentative, just wondering what your issues with him are. 

I don't think he's anything special. I think his speed/athleticism for the position is average and I'd argue he looks awfully stiff on tape. If a team wants a traditional Y TE in the Vance McDonald mold, that's cool, but we are looking for a Travis Kelce / Dallas Goedert type for our offense.

Edited by G08
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe? And no, he isn't a perfect prospect...at all. He's tiny, for one thing, and we just got rid of Gabriel. Could be bringing in Gabriel 2.0.

He's faster than Gabriel. He's a dynamic returner, unlike Gabriel.

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think he's anything special. I think his speed/athleticism for the position is average and I'd argue he looks awfully stiff on tape. If a team wants a traditional Y TE in the Vance McDonald mold, that's cool, but we are looking for a Travis Kelce / Dallas Goedert type for our offense.

Can we get one, where we draft? Considering what Pace has done, and the money tied up in TE, I would be seriously shocked if they drafted one, in any round. Kmet seems a decent prospect to me, though.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He's faster than Gabriel. He's a dynamic returner, unlike Gabriel.

I'd like it if he became a Bear. I think he could add a lot. So...are we arguing? Or something? ;)

45 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Can we get one, where we draft? Considering what Pace has done, and the money tied up in TE, I would be seriously shocked if they drafted one, in any round. Kmet seems a decent prospect to me, though.

I'd like it if he became a Bear. I think he could add a lot. So...are we arguing? Or something? ;)

No, not arguing. Just saying that he has 2 remarkably better traits than Gabriel, and also that small guys who have somewhat of an issue with drops aren't necessarily always top 50 picks. His speed is tremendous though as his PR/KR ability. I think he will go top 50, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he fell to the 60's.

To answer your question to @G08, Kmet is the best TE in this (weak) class. Athletically he isn't where you want the #1 TE to be, so maybe it's worth it to wait until rounds 3-5 to take a guy like Trautman, Okwuegbunam, Breeland or Bryant.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2