The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Can we get one, where we draft?

Not in this class, IMO.

Honestly... I'd kick the tires on Jared Pinkney in round 6 if he's still around. Or even a Colby Parkinson in round 5. More bang for my buck there.

Edited by G08
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Not in this class, IMO.

Honestly... I'd kick the tires on Jared Pinkney in round 6 if he's still around. Or even a Colby Parkinson in round 5. More bang for my buck there.

I’m still liking Thaddeus Moss as a guy in the round 4 range with a pick we add after a move down. He’d be more a pick for 2021 and beyond given the moves we’ve already made at TE this offseason but in terms of what he’d bring as a versatile TE who can probably play Y or U I’m a really big fan, and it’s highly likely all or at minimum 2 of the 3 guys presumably ahead of him on the depth chart (Graham, Burton and Harris) are gone in 2021. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW Kiper released his 2 round mock (version 4.0) today and he has the Bears taking Kmet and Hamler. 

I literally want neither of those guys.

1. Kmet is a 235 move TE who is offensive lineman level slow, with a poor 3 cone, who can't block, and who had very underwhelming production.

Give me Claypool ALL DAY over Kmet, he's projected a full half a round later, but actually has athletic upside in the same 235 lb non blocking package and with double the production.

If you need an inline type TE, I'd MUCH rather gamble on Trautman at this point... Though I have a feeling he's going to be Belicheck's pick (and I question our ability to actually develop him, and he will need considerable development)

2. Hamler is my top pick for a guy in this draft class that I think will bust. I've gone into rants on him before no point in going back over them again.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

Give me Claypool ALL DAY over Kmet, he's projected a full half a round later, but actually has athletic upside in the same 235 lb non blocking package and with double the production.

Claypool, to me, is precisely what we are looking for in a 'U' tight end.

12 hours ago, Epyon said:

I literally want neither of those guys.

1. Kmet is a 235 move TE who is offensive lineman level slow, with a poor 3 cone, who can't block, and who had very underwhelming production.

If you need an inline type TE, I'd MUCH rather gamble on Trautman at this point... Though I have a feeling he's going to be Belicheck's pick (and I question our ability to actually develop him, and he will need considerable development)

2. Hamler is my top pick for a guy in this draft class that I think will bust. I've gone into rants on him before no point in going back over them again.

What don't you like about Hamler?   

I think press coverage could be a problem for him, but he looks like an explosive playmaker to me.   I admit if there is any position I am wrong a lot about or less right in terms of college to pro, it is WR.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

What don't you like about Hamler?   

I think press coverage could be a problem for him, but he looks like an explosive playmaker to me.   I admit if there is any position I am wrong a lot about or less right in terms of college to pro, it is WR.

He gives some people Tavon Austin vibes... I'm not gonna lie, I LOOOOVVVED Austin's college tape. Loved it.

• Like 1

Soooo Kyle Fuller has a $20M cap hit next season. If we designate him a June 1st cut after this season he'll cost us $6M in dead money.

Now I'm thinking corner is very high on our list...

16 minutes ago, G08 said:

Soooo Kyle Fuller has a $20M cap hit next season. If we designate him a June 1st cut after this season he'll cost us $6M in dead money.

Now I'm thinking corner is very high on our list...

I can see them using a high pick on one next year. Way too many needs now to worry about Fuller in 2021. Plus, if Mack, Hicks, RRH and Quinn go to work this year and next, you and I could play competent CB.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I can see them using a high pick on one next year. Way too many needs now to worry about Fuller in 2021. Plus, if Mack, Hicks, RRH and Quinn go to work this year and next, you and I could play competent CB.

True but man... #43 is going to be RIPE with corners. I see first round talent that should be sitting there... do we not maximize that?

Ditto WR...

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

True but man... #43 is going to be RIPE with corners. I see first round talent that should be sitting there... do we not maximize that?

Ditto WR...

I actually don't think CB is that deep this year. After Okudah, Terrell and Diggs, there's a big discrepancy. That next group is Fulton and Arnette but none of them do THAT much for me where I take them at 43 over Hamler, Mims, Cushenberry, Ruiz, Raegor, etc.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I actually don't think CB is that deep this year. After Okudah, Terrell and Diggs, there's a big discrepancy. That next group is Fulton and Arnette but none of them do THAT much for me where I take them at 43 over Hamler, Mims, Cushenberry, Ruiz, Raegor, etc.

Really? Man I see a ton of kids I like... Henderson, Johnson, Gladney, Igbinoghene etc

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

Ditto WR...

Pretty much have to get a speed guy somewhere, to replace Gabriel. Robinson and Miller are far from slow, but, you know, Nagy

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we didn't draft a corner at all. Just too many other needs. 

Edited by Heinz D.

29 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Pretty much have to get a speed guy somewhere, to replace Gabriel. Robinson and Miller are far from slow, but, you know, Nagy

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we didn't draft a corner at all. Just too many other needs. 

You're blaming Nagy? Most of the elite offenses in the NFL have a burner somewhere- RB, WR. The Bears don't. It's not because of Nagy that they need one, it's because of the way the game is played that they need one.

29 minutes ago, G08 said:

Really? Man I see a ton of kids I like... Henderson, Johnson, Gladney, Igbinoghene etc

Oops. I can't believe I left out Henderson. I have him going 14 in my mock.

I like those guys, Gladney more than any of them, but I don't think they're #1 guys. Gladney has the best shot, but the other guys are pretty raw right now.

Parnell Motley, Oklahoma, is a guy I'd like to take a flier on late, though. I think he's got a lot of qualities to build on.

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

You're blaming Nagy? Most of the elite offenses in the NFL have a burner somewhere- RB, WR. The Bears don't. It's not because of Nagy that they need one, it's because of the way the game is played that they need one.

You're misunderstanding my post. We're placing a higher priority on a burner because of how Nagy wants to run his offense. If I were GM, I'd be more nervous about the secondary than Pace likely can afford himself to be. And, as I said, Robinson and Miller are far from slow. But, it's all good, it'll work out. 

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Gladney, Jaylon Johnson, Ibinoghene,  are legit as well.