The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

21 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Houston and Dallas never had a major rivalry in the NFL, did they? The Oilers and Cowboys would beat the crap out of each other, but in a friendly way. The Roughnecks and Renegades, on the other hand, will be division opponents.

As far as Houston goes I'm looking forward to seeing what Sammie Coates, De'Angelo Henderson, and former Seahawk Terry Poole can do on their new team. Plus they have the Oilers homage in their logo which I like. Dallas has equally great uniforms, Bob Stoops, and their QB is appropriately named Landry. Those should be good games.

But none of these teams will be able to handle the Guardians, just so you know. ;)

EDIT: By the way, if you're within traveling distance of your team and want lower-level seats for just $20, get them now! The promo applies to every team and lasts just 24 hours. Dallas, Seattle, and St. Louis have already sold out of them, but there are still some left for D.C., Houston, L.A., New York, and Tampa Bay.

Not a major rivalry, mainly cause we play once every 4 years, but when we do play, people are in an uproar, if you're in TX during a Texans-Cowboys game or you've got a split family (like I do) the trash talk is amazing. Hell, when we got beat in the preseason, I had cowboy fan coworkers bragging about it long after even though they 100% did not watch the game lol.

Also the first Texans game in the NFL was vs the Cowboys and we won, the roots were there for a rivalry but too inconsistent for one. I do want a Roughnecks v Renegades rivalry though. 

• Like 1

Luis Perez being on the Guardians is interesting, if the XFL survives the season and like we think, they will allow individual contracts to be negotiated, a la the CFL, we will see him take such a huge pay drop from that 400k a year to probably around 60k, especially with Matt McGloin (which we all know will be the starting QB unless he tanks horribly.) Luis Perez is basically a starter QB playing as a backup and competing for that spot anyway!

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

WWE just fired most of its senior executive staff, after a terrible day in the market, their earnings report in the next two days it's supposed to be really bad.

Wow. Yikes, Vince. Overreact much? o.O

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Wow. Yikes, Vince. Overreact much? o.O

Honestly, their decisions have been piss poor. Not just with the wrestling/storylines which is a different department, but working with Saudi Arabia, how they marketed to fox and then to fans about the move to fox and then changed NOTHING. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly, their decisions have been piss poor. Not just with the wrestling/storylines which is a different department, but working with Saudi Arabia, how they marketed to fox and then to fans about the move to fox and then changed NOTHING. 

They've also reportedly been bleeding money which isn't surprising.

I have to admit my feelings about the XFL have changed recently. At first I was rolling my eyes at Vince's attempt to exhume a dead horse, but this new version feels very different from the old one. Now I'm looking forward to the XFL debut more than the Super Bowl, simply because it's new and interesting. There's no telling how it will turn out or which teams will rise to the top.

The first XFL was a bush league pandering to fans of WWF "sports-entertainment" that set itself up to fail. The reboot has an aura of legitimacy, with real effort going into the branding and marketing. According to a survey of 32,000 people (60% of whom had heard of the XFL), 45% of them were interested in the new league. If they can hold on to even some of that market, there's plenty of room for them to be successful during the NFL's offseason. I think the key will be making a good first impression on TV.

Oliver Luck gives a very chill interview here talking about gambling and fantasy football options, and showing some support for St. Louis' team. All of them except for L.A. are selling at least a respectable number of tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’ll give it a chance for a couple weeks. I’m expecting a lolworthy flop but there are some actual names involved such as Jim Zorn that pique some interest.

Winston Moss is an intriguing name, as well. He was the Packers Assistant Head Coach under McCarthy for 13 years or so. Also was their LB coach during that span, coaching guys like AJ Hawk and Clay.