Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Let's assume a situation arose where your GM screwed up and managed to lose Rhodes (cap casualty), Alexander, and Waynes...

which FA corners would you like targeted...

Worley, Josh Norman, Arthur Maulet, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Carr, Jimmy Ward, Jimmy Smith, Johnathan Joseph, TJ Carrie

Which of them play slot?  That'd be the most likely one to be signed.  Hughes can play slot, but his better position is outside.  As it would stand right now, he's the only one that can play there.  One option would be Darqueze Dennard out of Cincinnati...while he didn't play for Zim while he was there, he played in the same system and plays in the slot.  He's also the typical type of Spielman signing as he has a significant injury history which depresses the cost it would take to get him.  

Edited by swede700

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Which of them play slot?  That'd be the most likely one to be signed.  Hughes can play slot, but his better position is outside.  

I've got Nickell Roby Coleman for the slot too. Ideally I think I need two starters... one will come from the draft. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Let's assume a situation arose where your GM screwed up and managed to lose Rhodes (cap casualty), Alexander, and Waynes...

which FA corners would you like targeted...

Worley, Josh Norman, Arthur Maulet, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Carr, Jimmy Ward, Jimmy Smith, Johnathan Joseph, TJ Carrie

Is Darqueze Dennard a free agent? He comes from the Bengals and fits what Zimmer looks for at CB. I think real life Vikes could make a play for him. Joseph played with Zimmer but he’s so old. Doubt they go that direction, then again, they had Terence Newman for several seasons.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is Darqueze Dennard a free agent? He comes from the Bengals and fits what Zimmer looks for at CB. I think real life Vikes could make a play for him. Joseph played with Zimmer but he’s so old. Doubt they go that direction, then again, they had Terence Newman for several seasons.

Yes, Dennard is going to be a free agent.  The Bengals almost replaced him a year ago, but he ended up beating out BW Webb.    He only made $4.5M last season and I can't imagine him making a whole lot more than that (he might even go for less), especially with his inability to stay healthy throughout most of his career.  They could certainly sign him to give him a shot, because if he can stay healthy, he's good.  

Edited by swede700

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He went for more money than Waynes. $48 vs $45

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Yes, Dennard is going to be a free agent.  The Bengals almost replaced him a year ago, but he ended up beating out BW Webb.    He only made $4.5M last season and I can't imagine him making a whole lot more than that, especially with his inability to stay healthy throughout most of his career.  They could certainly sign him to give him a shot, because if he can stay healthy, he's good.  

Could see Dennard brought in to replace Waynes at LCB. Hoping Alexander is back in the slot. Hughes and Hill would compete at RCB. The Vikes would probably still need to look at first round CBs since Hughes is a question mark, Hill isn’t reliable and Dennard has an injury history.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He went for more money than Waynes. $48 vs $45

Why they would do that, I'd have no idea.  Dennard has only played 1 full season in his career and has missed at least 3 games in half of them.  Waynes has never missed more than 2 (and generally that's probably out of precaution, as our organization is very conservative on injuries).

Edited by swede700

Offense          
Position Number 1 Number 2 Number 3 Number 4 Number 5
QB 1516 - Kirk Cousins - QB        
FB 0330 - C.J. Ham - RB        
RB 0570 - Dalvin Cook - RB 0082 - Alexander Mattison - RB 1764 - Mike Boone - RB    
WR 2187 - Stefon Diggs - WR 1892 - Olabisi Johnson - WR 0080 - Alexander Hollins - WR    
TE 1538 - Kyle Rudolph - TE 1014 - Irv Smith Jr. - TE 2379 - Tyler Conklin - TE    
LT 0295 - Brian O'Neill - RT        
LG 2027 - Riley Reiff - LT 0180 - Aviante Collins - LG      
C 0930 - Garrett Bradbury - C 1530 - Kyle Kalis - C      
RG 1351 - Josh Kline - RG 0824 - Dru Samia - RG      
RT   1895 - Olisaemeka Udoh - RT      
WR 0034 - Adam Thielen - WR 0382 - Chad Beebe - WR 0470 - Cody Thompson - WR    
Flex Package

TE          
WR          
WR          

Defense          
LDE 0606 - Danielle Hunter - 43DE 0856 - Eddie Yarbrough - 43DE      
LDT 1626 - Maliek Collins - 43DT 1101 - Jalyn Holmes - 43DT      
RDT 2145 - Shamar Stephen - 43DT 1088 - Jaleel Johnson - 43DT 0997 - Hercules Mata'afa - 43DE    
RDE 1744 - Michael Bennett - 43DE 1009 - Ifeadi Odenigbo - 43DT      
LOLB 0129 - Anthony Barr - 43OLB 0199 - Ben Gedeon - 43OLB      
ILB 0885 - Eric Kendricks - ILB   0356 - Cameron Smith - ILB    
ROLB 0894 - Eric Wilson - 43OLB        
CB     0999 - Holton Hill - CB 1609 - Mark Fields - CB  
SS 0990 - Harrison Smith - S        
FS 0136 - Anthony Harris - S 1801 - Montae Nicholson - S      
CB 1773 - Mike Hughes - CB 1873 - Nickell Robey-Coleman - CB 1521 - Kris Boyd - CB

1657 - Marcus Sayles - CB

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Could see Dennard brought in to replace Waynes at LCB. Hoping Alexander is back in the slot. Hughes and Hill would compete at RCB. The Vikes would probably still need to look at first round CBs since Hughes is a question mark, Hill isn’t reliable and Dennard has an injury history.

I don't think Zimmer will start a rookie at CB even if that's what we draft early.  We need them so badly, they almost have to sign a couple FAs.  

11 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

I don't think Zimmer will start a rookie at CB even if that's what we draft early.  We need them so badly, they almost have to sign a couple FAs.  

Mike Hughes looked like he was going to see a decent amount of playing time as a rookie, until he messed up his knee. The Vikes will now be in a position where they can’t afford to spend first round picks on players who sit as rookies. The dynamics of roster management have changed significantly as a result of paying Cousins and recent draft classes. If you’re not going to play a rookie CB, take one later. 

• Like 1