Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Because Diggs got traded, the Sharpe signing is expectedly being tied to that move. But it really shouldn’t be. If the Vikings had not traded Diggs, this signing would be met with a lot more praise for the GM. 

I see the signing as filling depth, essentially to replace Treadwell. Wonder if they’d bring Doctson back? 

4 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Doctson signed with the Jets.  I like the pickup but would still like an earlier round rookie.

Definitely should see a WR selected by round 3. I wouldn’t prioritize it over a CB and I’m a big believer in building up the trenches so I’m content waiting until round 3 and get some combo of CB, OL and pass rusher with the first three picks. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Definitely should see a WR selected by round 3. I wouldn’t prioritize it over a CB and I’m a big believer in building up the trenches so I’m content waiting until round 3 and get some combo of CB, OL and pass rusher with the first three picks. 

I agree 100%.  The holes in all 3 of those positions are more critical to fill from the first 2 Rounds.  Also, they need players from those picks that will be able to start from Game 1.  A wide receiver from Round 3 might even be able to start in Game 1 (in the slot?), whereas, there's no way on Earth that we'd want a CB or OL starting on day 1 if no team wanted him in Rounds 1 or 2.  Those positions have a lot more technique and systems knowledge and comfortability to pick up before a player can start and play the bulk of downs in a game, and raw talent, strength, quickness and speed can't make up that gap as well at those positions for that reason. Whereas, those strengths, jumping ability, and fluidity of movement, and being a good route runner alone, without having played in the new team's system, can make up that gap more easily for the WR.  Not to mention that there are a whole slew of high-level receivers in this draft that will still have some pretty good ones left in The 3rd, and maybe even the top of The 4th (several of whom would have been grabbed in The 2nd in a normal year).  The Beauty is that The Vikings have 5 relatively high choices, so they can grab a solid CB, DL, and OL in the first 3 in ANY order they fall to take BPA EACH time, if things go decently.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t think it we have to take a WR by round 3. They just have to do there homework like they have been doing.

what rounds where our WR’s from last year taken in🤔?? Diggs and Thielen both have had 1000 yard years. 

Just like running backs, no need to take them early in drafts.

Now, we do have 2 third round picks and i wouldn’t mind picking one there. But, waiting won’t hurt us.. I still would like to see a OT, DE, DT, CB, and OG with our 1st 5 picks. Could easily get 5 starts with those picks. I’m also all in for trading up in the 2nd and 3rd to make sure we get the players we want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

I don’t think it we have to take a WR by round 3. They just have to do there homework like they have been doing.

what rounds where our WR’s from last year taken in🤔?? Diggs and Thielen both have had 1000 yard years. 

Just like running backs, no need to take them early in drafts.

Now, we do have 2 third round picks and i wouldn’t mind picking one there. But, waiting won’t hurt us.. I still would like to see a OT, DE, DT, CB, and OG with our 1st 5 picks. Could easily get 5 starts with those picks. I’m also all in for trading up in the 2nd and 3rd to make sure we get the players we want.

Good wide receivers are much harder to find than running backs. We got insanely lucky with Diggs and Thielen. You seem to be forgetting how long we were looking for receivers after Moss.

Devin Aromashadu, Michael Jenkins, Jumpin' Jerome Simpson, Jaymar Johnson, Emmanuel Arceneaux, Aundrae Allison, and Greg Camarillo. And those are just the hilarious names I could remember off the top of my head. I don't want to take a wide receiver in the first round, but if they do I understand it. Good wide receivers are hard to find.

Edited by vikestyle

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Darqueze Dennard is back on the market. If the Vikes can afford him, I’d feel a bit better about the CB group going into the draft.

It just seems that they are really trying to save their money for a bigger contract like a Williams or a Thuney. They have around 12-13 so they should be able to sign a couple decent free agents but they have stuck to around the minimum deals.