Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

The only I kinda guess “bad” thing I’ve read about Stefanskis scheme is something similar to Shannys.

If a drive has a 10-15 yard penalty that’s a back breaker, they both kind of just concede that the drive is over. It’s not worth the risk of a turnover to try and convert a 1st down.

That’s a complete 180 from Freddie’s philosophy of being ultra aggressive every single play.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The only I kinda guess “bad” thing I’ve read about Stefanskis scheme is something similar to Shannys.

If a drive has a 10-15 yard penalty that’s a back breaker, they both kind of just concede that the drive is over. It’s not worth the risk of a turnover to try and convert a 1st down.

That’s a complete 180 from Freddie’s philosophy of being ultra aggressive every single play.

Yeah not a fan of that philosophy. I hated it with shurmur where any 3rd and long became a screen or draw. 

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There has to be a healthy mix between Shurmur and the moronic **** Freddie did.

I’ll definitely take that over Freddie

That’s why discipline is so important 

be disciplined and trust your defense to make stops as opposed to putting them in bad positions

especially if your punter is a weapon 

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There has to be a healthy mix between Shurmur and the moronic **** Freddie did.

I wasn’t against what Freddie did. Just against the playcalling. I liked going for a first down on 3rd and long and not throwing short of the sticks but throwing a 40 yard bomb wasn’t necessary. Especially when those plays went being practiced properly. But I’ll have my reservations that stefanski will change and find a happy medium. I’ve seen it too many times that guys just stick to their system. So we just gotta hope we don’t get into that situation to start with. 

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Schefty is saying Joe Woods is the favorite to be DC.

It’s like I said, we are just waiting for the games to be over. 

Hope we get wade as a sr defensive assistant. He and woods worked together and have a similar system. Lebeau did it for Horton in Tennessee and Romeo did it for vrabel in Houston. We need experienced coaches on this staff with all the young inexperienced coaches we have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hope we get wade as a sr defensive assistant. He and woods worked together and have a similar system. Lebeau did it for Horton in Tennessee and Romeo did it for vrabel in Houston. We need experienced coaches on this staff with all the young inexperienced coaches we have. 

Woods has been a coordinator before.  Granted it’s only 2 seasons, but it’s not like he’s a complete noob.

Id love to see a guy like Kubiak or Phillips on staff if for nothing else than a voice in the room with a TON of experience, I agree there.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

This type of offense also takes a lot of pressure off of the defense. Speaking of which Joe Woods? 👀

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is there any other DC jobs open? It seems Wade doesn't have a ton of options. He says he wants to coach this year. Mentoring Woods as a senior defensive assistant feels like a good match.

If Zimmer doesn't retain the Kubiaks, I'd love to bring them in too.

Supposedly, Zimmer's slow playing his decisions for assistants.