Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

Just now, bruceb said:

What would BB do?

Whatever that is, I would do.

So what is that?  

Just now, bruceb said:

Probably define the talent I have to work with, breakdown the opponent's strengths/tendencies and match the talent I have against the opponent.

How do you cover up the lack of talent at the second and third level?  

Just now, bruceb said:

No scheme.

Making best use of available talent.

How so?  What exactly would you have done differently schematically to improve the defense?

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree but he wasn’t given a ton to work with last year, especially considering the scheme he runs.

We had one decent safety and he’s a bit of a head case, one LB worth a damn who isn’t a rookie most of the year, didn’t have our 2 starting CB’s for most of the first two months, were missing our best defender the last 6 games, etc.

Just by this answer, he is a guy I dont want as my DC.

If you dont have the players to run your scheme, adapt it to your players' strengths. If you are unable to do that, then I cannot call you a good coach.  

• Like 1

Just now, Browns1987 said:

Just by this answer, he is a guy I dont want as my DC.

If you dont have the players to run your scheme, adapt it to your players' strengths. If you are unable to do that, then I cannot call you a good coach.  

Ok, but what strengths did we have?

Still waiting for someone to tell me the defense that excels without linebackers and safeties and, for large parts of the season, ends and corners.

What scheme is out there that we shoulda been running?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me the defense that excels without linebackers and safeties and, for large parts of the season, ends and corners.

Not play zone with the type of CBs we have? 

Schobert and Wilson played most of the season, what team doesnt suffer injuries? The Eagles were much more depleted than us and they managed to compete. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man cover with Denzel and Greedy?

Mitchell and Carrie were better than  some of our safety's and didn't see the field a lot. 

Sione Takitaki could have played more when our good safetys were down. 

• Like 1

Not play zone with the type of CBs we have? 

What mix of zone and man did we play? And us that all year, or just when we had Greedy and Ward and not when we had Mitchell and Carrie starting?

Schobert and Wilson played most of the season, what team doesnt suffer injuries? The Eagles were much more depleted than us and they managed to compete. 

Mack is a rookie 5th rounder.  If we aren’t running his 3 safety scheme, who’s the other LB on this roster that we shoulda playing that saves our defense?

Yall are expecting mfers to come in here and turn chicken sht into chicken salad and are ready to can them when they don’t...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Man cover with Denzel and Greedy?

And when they were out?

Or do you mean at the end of the year when we couldn’t rush the passer.  Man without a pass rush is a disaster waiting to happen.

Mitchell and Carrie were better than  some of our safety's and didn't see the field a lot. 

Better at what?  Run support? Not likely.

Sione Takitaki could have played more when our good safetys were down. 

And what does this do exactly?  We literally have no idea if he can actually play.

Couple of guys I would LOVE to see in some capacity....

TE's Coach Jeff Davidson, Oline/RG coordinator Bill Callahan, WR's coach Chad O'shea, OC/Asst HC Garry Kubiak, Sr. Offensive assistant/Advisor Brad Childress, QB's Pat Shurmer, QB's Ben McAdoo, Oline/TE's Mike Mularky, OC/QB's Joe Lombardi (currently employed), P.G. Coord. Mike Leflure (currently employed), RG Coord. Mike Mcdanile (currently employed), talking two out of Retirement OL Russ Grimm, OL Bruce Matthews.

DC/Asst. HC Defense Mike Singletary, D.C. Jim Schwartz (currently employed), LB's Al Golden, LB's/DL Rob Ryan, Sr. D assistant/DC Rex Ryan, DC/2ndary coordinator Teryl Austin, LB's/Sr.D asst. John Pagano,  DB's/PG Coord. Arron Glenn  (currently employed), Kris Richard  (currently employed), 

Mike Singletary is who I am Currently LITERALLY praying for to be the Asst. HC Defense and Teryl Austin to come over as DC....

And when they were out?

Or do you mean at the end of the year when we couldn’t rush the passer.  Man without a pass rush is a disaster waiting to happen.

Better at what?  Run support? Not likely.

Carrie can play the run really well, he is a great tackler. 

And what does this do exactly?  We literally have no idea if he can actually play.

He was better than some of the players we had out there. 

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t love our defense last year.  

I just think it’s absolutely in part to the talent as much as the coaching. 

When I look at the roster, I don’t think our final statistical rankings are too far off where we are talent wise.  It’s an accurate reflection of talent/experience.