AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

26 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

You think Henry gets tired. That’s cute. 

That's what scares me about Titans,   we could be up 16 going into 4th and they can/will run Henry down our throats and if Mahomes goes 3 and out once and we lose the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Titans have anybody that can stick with Kelce?

jayon brown is a very good coverage LB and would likely be up to the task (as much as one can be against a guy like kelce, anyway), but we're not sure if he's gonna play this week. he was out vs the ravens, but could come back. otherwise kenny vaccaro might see some of that responsibility. possibly even logan ryan. between those guys i'd predict that kelce's not gonna go crazy like he did vs houston, but he'll get his. we don't have any one player capable of locking him down, anyway.

Edited by -Hope-

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

jayon brown is a very good coverage LB and would likely be up to the task (as much as one can be against a guy like kelce, anyway), but we're not sure if he's gonna play this week. he was out vs the ravens, but could come back. otherwise kenny vaccaro might see some of that responsibility. possibly even logan ryan

I’m sure you will be throwing plenty of doubles at him after last week. I’ve liked Vaccaro since he was in college would be a good matchup. Is Ryan a big corner?

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I’m sure you will be throwing plenty of doubles at him after last week. I’ve liked Vaccaro since he was in college would be a good matchup. Is Ryan a big corner?

yeah, ryan is our "big nickel" guy. nickel is pretty much our base defense because his size/tackling/blitzing ability allows us to sort of have it both ways. unfortunately we had a lengthy stretch of the season where our 1, 2, and 4 corners were all injured and ryan had to play on the outside a lot, which didn't go well at all. but now with adoree back and tramaine brock hitting his stride at the other corner spot, ryan's back at nickel where he belongs. i've been pleasantly surprised with how our secondary has rebounded from that stretch and they've played very well these past two weeks, but obviously they haven't faced a test like mahomes and his weapons.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, ryan is our "big nickel" guy. nickel is pretty much our base defense because his size/tackling/blitzing ability allows us to sort of have it both ways. unfortunately we had a lengthy stretch of the season where our 1, 2, and 4 corners were all injured and ryan had to play on the outside a lot, which didn't go well at all. but now with adoree back and tramaine brock hitting his stride at the other corner spot, ryan's back at nickel where he belongs. i've been pleasantly surprised with how our secondary has rebounded from that stretch and they've played very well these past two weeks, but obviously they haven't faced a test like mahomes and his weapons.

Ah kinda like Daniel Sorensen is for the Chiefs, only he’s a “big nickel” safety. A necessity in today’s NFL to have a flex guy who can handle a range of responsibilities.

Im hoping the Hamstring/knee isn’t too big a deal for Kelce. We’ll see as the week progresses. Chris Jones might be out again which is still a big blow. Not a great run defender though.

How’s your pass rush? seems like it’s upped a notch since the regular season.

21 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Ah kinda like Daniel Sorensen is for the Chiefs, only he’s a “big nickel” safety. A necessity in today’s NFL to have a flex guy who can handle a range of responsibilities.

Im hoping the Hamstring/knee isn’t too big a deal for Kelce. We’ll see as the week progresses. Chris Jones might be out again which is still a big blow. Not a great run defender though.

How’s your pass rush? seems like it’s upped a notch since the regular season.

pass rush is very inconsistent. long stretches where we have absolutely no pass rush to speak of. harold landry had a good first half of the season and looked like he was easily going to break into double digit sacks and then he went completely silent and is still missing. jurrell casey has also been more invisible than usual although he did just have his best outing of the year vs baltimore. it's sort of been hard to say because in both playoff games pressure didn't really seem to be the gameplan- we were more than happy to sit back and play contain. but that's definitely a big concern vs you guys.

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

pass rush is very inconsistent. long stretches where we have absolutely no pass rush to speak of. harold landry had a good first half of the season and looked like he was easily going to break into double digit sacks and then he went completely silent and is still missing. jurrell casey has also been more invisible than usual although he did just have his best outing of the year vs baltimore. it's sort of been hard to say because in both playoff games pressure didn't really seem to be the gameplan- we were more than happy to sit back and play contain. but that's definitely a big concern vs you guys.

Casey is a guy who can definitely make Mahomes uncomfortable. Our interior has been really shaky this season.  That’s gonna be key for you guys, and coverage holding up on the back end. Looks like an elite secondary vs elite weaponry should be a great matchup.

Primarily Zone? Gonna have to switch it up with Man concepts to keep up

After 48 hours of research, thinking, and comparing... 

I’m going 24-23 Titans

However, my confidence meter for this one is 50.1%. Basically a coin flip for me. I will not gloat if the Titans win, and will not be surprised in any such way if the Chiefs win. 

Why I think Titans will win:

Derrick Henry is almost unstoppable at the moment and I have faith in Ryan Tannehil. KC is gonna sell out to stop Henry due to Tannehil having 150 passing yards combined the last two games. However, Tannehil has been slicing and dicing teams all season, especially the deep ball. And the Chiefs corners leave a lot to be desired. 

The main reason I see the Titans winning is the Titans winning the ToP battle by pounding the football and waiting until :02 to snap the ball. This will not be like the Texans/Chiefs. Titans are not going to allow this to be a shootout. 

The second main reason I see a Titan win here is the Titans stopping the Chiefs in the Redzone multiple times. Titans are playing physical and tough right now and I see KC settling for three separate FG’s between the 36 and 12 yard line range. 

Titans grind out another win, when everyone is doubting them a third straight time. They were always a monster team that started the first six games at a massive handicap. 

I’m not betting but this is what I would bet:

Titans +7 1/2 (not confident enough for the ML)

Under 52 1/2

Edited by BayRaider

Can Mahomes light up the Titans defense? I think it's a serious question considering where the Titans strengths are. Byard, Ryan and Jackson are excellent for their position, significantly better than the Texans. Casey is a threat at LOS, Evans and Brown are strong LBs. Also, people are underrating the Titans o-line, no pro bowler sure, but 2-3 stand-out players on a competent line.

These teams matched up in 2017, different KC QB, but many key players played. Titans won 22-21. 

Edited by Wentz2Ertz

9 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

@Kirill dude as a fellow Chiefs fan stop bro. You’re making it hard for the rest of us Chiefs fans to post here. Don’t act like you’re smarter than everyone and then rub it in their faces when you’re right. Show some humility dude, the Chiefs have been good for like 3 minutes compared to a lot of organizations, act like we’ve been here before.

Don't worry man. I'm pretty sure most of us here see right through his schtick and don't hold it against you're entire fanbase.