2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

On 3/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, BABYLON 5 said:

Understandable but one thing I give Landry over Mack is his pass rush technique was better then Mack coming out of college,Mack was kinda raw he had a bigger upside and it work out for us,and by me saying that no way I'm saying Landry is Mack or on his level 

Obo oko > Landry

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Chubb is having a great combine. People have been sleeping on him with Sony playing lights out down the stretch. Good to see him perform well

I think he is the second best running back in this class.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Smith's height and weight are ideal numbers for him.

Arden Key's weight is ridiculously low at 238.

Ronald Jones apparently pulled up on his 4.65 40.

Key has been free-falling in mocks for about a month straight now. Was considered a top 5 guy in a lot of mocks I saw towards the end of the season, is now anywhere from the mid 1st to mid 2nd now in others. 

But being 6'6 and only 238 is extremely concerning for a pass-rusher. I think any team that uses a Day 1-2 pick on him or Orlando Brown Jr is wasting a pick.

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Chubb is having a great combine. People have been sleeping on him with Sony playing lights out down the stretch. Good to see him perform well

Bo showing out also

Gotta revisit

Rbs

Ariz st ballage and 

North western Jackson

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bo showing out also

Gotta revisit

Rbs

Ariz st ballage and 

North western Jackson

Don't think either are feature backs.  Bo is a 2 down runner. No value in the pass game. He's a battering ram. Ballage just lacks football skill, but looks the part. Didn't produce at ASU.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Don't think either are feature backs.  Bo is a 2 down runner. No value in the pass game. He's a battering ram. Ballage just lacks football skill, but looks the part. Didn't produce at ASU.

I like bo in the 3rd Bama barely has a passing game so if their wrs struggle to get catches imagine how hard it is for rbs

Don't know about the other rbs tho.

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like bo in the 3rd Bama barely has a passing game so if their wrs struggle to get catches imagine how hard it is for rbs

Don't know about the other rbs tho.

3rd is to rich IMO. 4th would be the earliest.

I don't think he's a natural pass catcher or can develop that. He'd be a good committee back, but not what the Raiders need. 

13 hours ago, Gaetano said:

Key has been free-falling in mocks for about a month straight now. Was considered a top 5 guy in a lot of mocks I saw towards the end of the season, is now anywhere from the mid 1st to mid 2nd now in others. 

But being 6'6 and only 238 is extremely concerning for a pass-rusher. I think any team that uses a Day 1-2 pick on him or Orlando Brown Jr is wasting a pick.

In one of my first mock drafts during the season I had Key going in round 2. Funny thing is, I thought he packed on a lot of bad weight which completely slowed him down last season. Now it seems like he's down to his freshman and sophomore weight, which brings up a completely different set of questions with him.

We'll see how he tests. Teams might decide to stand him up and make him a linebacker if he tests well.

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Obo oko > Landry

Maybe. Okoronkwo definitely has an unconventional way of playing edge/outside linebacker. Considering how strong he looks, he plays edge like a basketball player: using head fakes and jukes to the inside to beat his defender. I think his full time position is strong side linebacker in a 4-3. He moves pretty well in space.

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would not touch Cubb before the 4th.  Dude had a catastrophic knee injury, his career will undoubtedly be cut short.

It's been a reasonable amount of time since his injury and it seems like he's rebounded fully. Medical checks will be big for him.

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would not touch Cubb before the 4th.  Dude had a catastrophic knee injury, his career will undoubtedly be cut short.

Why do you think that? Many backs have had major knee injuries and had long careers. McGahee comes to mind

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'll take Smiths instincts and football IQ over that 2.5 inches any day.

What scares me most about picking Smith he’s 6’1.

Raiders will be teaming up a 5’9 safety with a 6’1 LB,   how are they supposed to cover the TEs ?

Archived