2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

29 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Interesting because from what I've read (haven't watched him yet) he sounds a lot like Conley.  Dude needs to learn to press.

Yeas but Conley looked a whole hell of a lot better on man coverage press even with those restraints than Jackson does. 

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Yeas but Conley looked a whole hell of a lot better on man coverage press even with those restraints than Jackson does. 

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

And to clarify I don’t hate Jackson, I just don’t feel like a fit for the scheme we will be running. 

Cool.  Good to know.

13 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Oh I agree, he'll get wrecked.  Gruden also said that in the same breath.  I suppose maybe he did mean "edge setter as a SLB who puts his hand in the dirt on passing downs".  Which would leave....MEJ(?) as our other base starter? Not sure.  We have so many 3T/5T types.  Maybe we do make a move to get another base 4-3 end.

That Gruden comment can mean multiple things :)

Your interpretation could be viable:

Base:

Edwards-Jelly-Hester/Ward/new guy-Mack

Irvin-Bowman-Morrow/James/new guy

Nickel

Mack-Edwards-Hester/Ward/new guy-Irvin

Bowman-Morrow/James/new guy

after diving into Vita Vea a little bit, after seeing all the Ngata comparisons. I think Vea is a good prospect, wouldn't hate it at #10, but I don't think the Ngata comparisons are fair. Ngata was an elite, once every 5-10 years type talent, that should have easily went top 5. Guys are short changing Ngata a bit here. Not trying to bash Vea, but wouldn't want us to take him and guys bash him because he didn't live up to the "hype"

15 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Interesting because from what I've read (haven't watched him yet) he sounds a lot like Conley.  Dude needs to learn to press.

Conley is wayyyy more fluid than Jackson.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Whoa. Buffalo traded up to 12th by sending the 21st pick and Cordy Glenn.

Definitely want a QB now the question is if they trade up again and with who?

The Bills trading up hurts the Raiders chances trading back with a QB needy team. I'll keep saying it: 4 QBs are going before the Raiders pick at 10. The team will likely have to settle trading back with another team looking for a premier non-QB prospect.

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The Bills trading up hurts the Raiders chances trading back with a QB needy team. I'll keep saying it: 4 QBs are going before the Raiders pick at 10. The team will likely have to settle trading back with another team looking for a premier non-QB prospect.

If the Bills do not trade up again our chances of a team panicking to get ahead of the Bills and Dolphins increase our chances of trading back not hurt.  If they trade up again then it definitly hurts our chances.  There is also a good chance that a QB expected to not go in the first will be taken in the first half of the draft.  Especially with half the starting QBs making almost $20+ a year in the next couple years.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If the Bills do not trade up again our chances of a team panicking to get ahead of the Bills and Dolphins increase our chances of trading back not hurt.  If they trade up again then it definitly hurts our chances.  There is also a good chance that a QB expected to not go in the first will be taken in the first half of the draft.  Especially with half the starting QBs making almost $20+ a year in the next couple years.

if they trade up again, that just means another non-Qb will be pushed down the draft board. win-win

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Yeah that's my main thought too. Hopefully Nelson drops and someone wants him. 4 QBs + Barkley + Chubb + Fitzpatrick + James + Nelson = 9. So that's pretty great. 

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah that's my main thought too. Hopefully Nelson drops and someone wants him. 4 QBs + Barkley + Chubb + Fitzpatrick + James + Nelson = 9. So that's pretty great. 

I think the safeties drop so a team like the Cowboys might be inclined to move up. I'm thinking a first, a second, and a 2019 2nd. I'd also throw throw in the highest 6th for a 5th.

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the safeties drop so a team like the Cowboys might be inclined to move up. I'm thinking a first, a second, and a 2019 2nd. I'd also throw throw in the highest 6th for a 5th.

That would be nice,  I also wouldn't mind trading Karl Joseph and picking one of them.  I like KJ but I don't like him more than them,

The more I watch him, the more I think I personally would take Derwin James at 10. He's gonna be an absolute stud at a position of need in the NFL. Hell, he can probably play cornerback or nickel linebacker and do it super well.

You draft guys like him and worry about fit in a defense later. He can legit step on the field day 1 and change the defense. 

Also SB88, I get what you're saying, but I wanna see Kjo at free safety. I think he can shine there with his range like he did in college. He just isn't meant to cover tight ends one on one.

Archived