2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

FIFY

Again though.....what is this based off of? It sounds like just speculation of what could happen rather than there being any actual smoke to the fire

The article is titled: "Six NFL trades that should happen: Execs weigh in".  Pure speculation that clickbait sites like 247 look for.

So with Tyrod being shipped to Cleveland, this puts 2 QB needy teams possibly in our cross hairs to make a trade.  Besides Maybe the 49ers, I don't see anyone in the top 8 wanting too move far back.  If Arizona or Buffalo wants to grab the qb they want without Miami stealing them away, we would be in perfect position to be a trade partner.  OBVIOUSLY this is just me speculating but that trade did at least open the door for the possiblity to find a dance partner on draft night.

3 minutes ago, Madleg81 said:

So with Tyrod being shipped to Cleveland, this puts 2 QB needy teams possibly in our cross hairs to make a trade.  Besides Maybe the 49ers, I don't see anyone in the top 8 wanting too move far back.  If Arizona or Buffalo wants to grab the qb they want without Miami stealing them away, we would be in perfect position to be a trade partner.  OBVIOUSLY this is just me speculating but that trade did at least open the door for the possiblity to find a dance partner on draft night.

I don't think the Taylor trade changes anything in the first round. The prevailing thought was Cleveland was going to add a veteran QB in free agency. That said, I still see 4 QBs going in the top 10, but they might all be gone before the Raiders' pick. I still think the Raiders can move back into the late teens, early 20s for a team looking to nab a quality non-QB prospect who falls.

40 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Feel like that might be too much for Ellis, who is basically just a run stuffer. 

But with only 6 million guaranteed, I'm guessing we could probably cut him next year if he bad, with little to no penalty.  

The penalty is another year of having him play badly for the Raiders.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Vea is out the window..... 

1st round pick going be a LB or CB darkhorse Derwin James

I keep trying to tell people that Vea plays his best with a true NT on the field. Jelly has been good vs the run the last few yr. If he can stay with that production and take on double teams then he is doing his job.

9 hours ago, reddevil said:

Interesting vid re Edmunds from Brett Kollman. He says the Raiders are the ideal fit for him. I believe he said the very same about Conley in a breakdown vid he did about him last year too. 

https://youtu.be/4oTjfbxn3Ng

I had no idea he was only 19 yrs old.  A lot of these prospects were just leaving high school or were freshman at 19.  4.5 @ 250+ and has zero man strength yet.  his bench will go from 19 to thirty just by being a a year or two older.  Not saying he is going to be great or even good but the video is correct that his ceiling might be higher than almost any other prospect I have seen. He could very easily end up like Amobi Okoye also.

Archived