2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

A top 10 selection should also have a relatively defined floor. Even if Vea doesn't reach his pass rush potential, he's still going to be a very impactful player in the middle.

For the record I don't think Vea will ever reach 5 sacks in a single year, let alone 8.

8 is a stretch. 5 is doable depending on his role. 

I just don't see them resigning Jelly and drafting Vea if they are expecting Mario to be the interior pass rush presence.  

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

8 is a stretch. 5 is doable depending on his role. 

I just don't see them resigning Jelly and drafting Vea if they are expecting Mario to be the interior pass rush presence.  

Who say they are?

I think Mario could be looking at more time at his original position - 4-3 DE

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:
Gruden himself implied it 

Nice haha, I missed that one, we'll see how the snap count actually plays out.

Gruden also mentioned that interior pass rush was a need and drafting DT being in play was something Gruden and Reggie have both said.

No mention of LBs on Gruden's need list. We know RM doesn't draft LB early. We know Guenther thinks he can coach up later rounds prospects at the position. I think we shouldn't expect the 1st round pick to be a LB.

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

No mention of LBs on Gruden's need list. We know RM doesn't draft LB early. We know Guenther thinks he can coach up later rounds prospects at the position. I think we shouldn't expect the 1st round pick to be a LB.

Looking that way. They need to address it in the first 3 rounds IMO. How long must we suffer watching RBs catch passes for chunk plays?

My first mock draft with a trade down with Dallas they may want to move up to grab Roquan Smith or Edmunds if they available when we pick .They get our 10th overall and we get 19th overall and there 2nd round pick and I guess a 4th round pick.I don't know if that adds up to move up to 10 from 19 but I will be find with it .I just threw in the two BAMA CB because of the connection with Derrick Ansley.I didn't do the six and 7th round like I said it's my first mock so don't kill me lol but I could take criticism and want to know what y'all think or what would you change around I tried to make it realistic as possible 

1. Round #19 overall Maurice Hurst DT Michigan or Harold Landry DE Boston College 

2. Round #41 overall Orlando Brown or the best OT that's available 

2. Round #50 overall Rasheem Green DT/DE USC  (from Dallas)

3. Round #75 overall Rashaad Penny RB SDSU 

4. Round #110 Shaquem Griffin OLB UCF

4. Round #116 Anthony Averett CB BAMA (from Dallas) 

5. Round #159 Jordan Lesley WR UCLA 

5. Round #173 Tony Brown  CB BAMA 

5 minutes ago, BABYLON 5 said:

My first mock draft with a trade down with Dallas they may want to move up to grab Roquan Smith or Edmunds if they available when we pick .They get our 10th overall and we get 19th overall and there 2nd round pick and I guess a 4th round pick.I don't know if that adds up to move up to 10 from 19 but I will be find with it .I just threw in the two BAMA CB because of the connection with Derrick Ansley.I didn't do the six and 7th round like I said it's my first mock so don't kill me lol but I could take criticism and want to know what y'all think or what would you change around 

1. Round #19 overall Maurice Hurst DT Michigan or Harold Landry DE Boston College 

2. Round #41 overall Orlando Brown or the best OT that's available 

2. Round #50 overall Rasheem Green DT/DE USC  (from Dallas)

3. Round #75 overall Rashaad Penny RB SDSU 

4. Round #110 Shaquem Griffin OLB UCF

4. Round #116 Anthony Averett CB BAMA (from Dallas) 

5. Round #159 Jordan Lesley WR UCLA 

5. Round #173 Tony Brown  CB BAMA 

I dont think Averett would be available in the 4th but getting Hurst and Green in the first 2 rounds is A+++ for me.

Archived