2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

R1P10
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS - guy Is going be special. adds speed, pass rush, missile to the defense
VIRGINIA TECH
41: R2P9
 CB ISAIAH OLIVER. - makes our CB unit a strength
COLORADO
75: R3P11
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN. - hight potential wideout. 6'5 and can ball
NOTRE DAME
110: R4P10
EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR. - edge rusher, who is explosive
KANSAS
159: R5P22
 OT BRANDON PARKER. - small school,  could be a sleeper LT
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
173: R5P36
 CB HOLTON HILL.   - all the talent, questionable character
TEXAS
185: R6P11
 DL PJ HALL   - getting buzz as a gem
SAM HOUSTON STATE
212: R6P38
 WR BRAXTON BERRIOS. - could be a potential SLOT wideout, explosive sure handed
MIAMI
216: R6P42
 TE CHRIS HERNDON - gamer, a young tight end
MIAMI
217: R6P43
 RB JAYLEN SAMUELS.  - great receiver, fast, raw
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
228: R7P10
 EDDY PINIERO.  - best kicker In the draft
FLORIDA

what would you guys think of this draft? I did it on fan speak of difficult setting

3 hours ago, ZoomWaffle said:

Even if Vea doesn't offer a pass rush, he could still make our pass rush much better. He can take on multiple blockers and collapse the pocket. Think about how much more often Mack and the other pass rushers would be able to get to the QB. He's a stud against the run, too, so he helps on multiple fronts. He'll never rack up the glamorous stats like sacks, but he can help everyone around him get more done.

This. All he has to do. Is take up two inside lineman and help Mack get one on ones and keep our inside linebackers clean. He doesnt need to get 7 or 8 sacks . 

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:
R1P10
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS - guy Is going be special. adds speed, pass rush, missile to the defense
VIRGINIA TECH
COLORADO
NOTRE DAME
KANSAS
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
TEXAS
SAM HOUSTON STATE
MIAMI
MIAMI
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
FLORIDA

what would you guys think of this draft? I did it on fan speak of difficult setting

Holton Hill has All pro Potential.Long with great size likeReggie likes.Had some issues at Texas. Nothing too major. Would love to take a shot at him in the 4th or 5th. Def worth the risk.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:
R1P10
VIRGINIA TECH
COLORADO
NOTRE DAME
KANSAS
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
TEXAS
SAM HOUSTON STATE
MIAMI
MIAMI
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
FLORIDA

No DL or OT in 1st 3 rounds is a fail for me.

Also i expect Brown, Armstrong, and Hill to be gone by their selection spots. Would love to get Oliver and Berrios. I feel like Berrios is gonna be a baller.

On 25/03/2018 at 7:29 AM, drfrey13 said:

The pass rush is discussed as a weak point in this forum a lot but I believe the issue has been coaching.  Can we get better? Yes.  Do we need to sacrifice other areas of weakness?  I do not think so.  With KNJ we ranked dead last in sacks relative to the final rankings at the end of the year.  With Pagano we would have ranked 4th.  The counter argument I see a lot is that we got to play NYG (3) and Denver (5) at the end of the year but KNJ also got Denver (3) and NYJ (4) in the beginning.  So if I throw out those four games the rankings would be last with KNJ (6 in 8  games) and 20th (9 in 4 games) with Pagano.  The rankings would be better but I threw out the best games but even with the best games KNJ's time here would still be last.  Even Ward looked like a potential player under Pagano.  If the value is there then take the edge player but if not BPA is the way to go.

Whilst there's some really good points here I think your conclusion is a little awry. We can certainly take a pass rusher or edge player at the top of the draft but IMHO a rookie pass rusher from this class wouldn't have more effect or be a better year 1 pass rusher than Bruce Irvin that we already have on the roster - even top prospects like Garrett, Mack and Clowney take some time to make an impact and aside from Chubb there is no-one close to that profile.

I see the biggest, quickest impact being made from pressure in the interior, now that's not to say that the interior DT will have a huge rookie season unlike the edge player but generally, and from what I've seen simply pushing the pocket or getting penetration inside will have a big positive impact on the edge guys. At the moment we have an elite edge guy and a solid Nickel rusher but we have virtually no push inside. An improvement inside, albeit that it may not garner sack stats would be better IMO than an extra rotational edge guy that won't in all reality be much better if any than Irvin. 

On 27/03/2018 at 8:52 PM, oakdb36 said:

Hurst is growing on me the more I watch from him. The one thing I watch for from smaller DL is playing with good pad level and leverage which can help alleviate the weight disadvantage and Hurst does play with good leverage and generally good pad level. He often angles his body through gaps for penetration too and obviously he's got the great burst and first step. Very good prospect :)

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:
R1P10
VIRGINIA TECH
COLORADO
NOTRE DAME
KANSAS
NORTH CAROLINA A&T
TEXAS
SAM HOUSTON STATE
MIAMI
MIAMI
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
FLORIDA

To me it looks like the Raiders are going to pick Mike McGlinchey from Notre Dame at #10.

9 hours ago, ZoomWaffle said:

Even if Vea doesn't offer a pass rush, he could still make our pass rush much better. He can take on multiple blockers and collapse the pocket. Think about how much more often Mack and the other pass rushers would be able to get to the QB. He's a stud against the run, too, so he helps on multiple fronts. He'll never rack up the glamorous stats like sacks, but he can help everyone around him get more done.

Vea most importantly will free up the LBs. LB has been a need and eyesore for years. With Vea, you can at least keep them clean.

6 hours ago, dante9876 said:

This. All he has to do. Is take up two inside lineman and help Mack get one on ones and keep our inside linebackers clean. He doesnt need to get 7 or 8 sacks . 

The pass rush thing is overblown. Everyone wants a Donald now. Those types are rare. Ngata never had more than 5.5 sacks in a season. He is a borderline HOF talent. 

Just now, big_palooka said:
9 hours ago, ZoomWaffle said:

Vea most importantly will free up the LBs. LB has been a need and eyesore for years. With Vea, you can at least keep them clean.

Excellent point plus I'm sure Paul Guenther likes a lot of the double A gap blitzes and stunts which would be deadly with this guy in the middle. Bowman (if we bring him back) did shine in blitzing last year from his MLB spot too............

1 hour ago, BABYLON 5 said:

A good video on Isaiah Oliver i will love him as a Raider but doubt he will be there in the 2nd round when we pick.In this video he compares him Nnamdi Asomugha And I kinda agree some what 

Oliver is my #2 CB after Ward. I have Oliver over Jackson:

Ward, Oliver, Alexander, Davis, Jackson, Hughes

Raiders should be able to find one in round 2. Good position this year. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The pass rush thing is overblown. Everyone wants a Donald now. Those types are rare. Ngata never had more than 5.5 sacks in a season. He is a borderline HOF talent. 

Since Ngata was drafted, the NFL has changed. A top 10 pick on D has to be (at least potentially) a game changer in the passing game.

Archived