Best NBA players under 25?

DoleINGout

1. Luka Doncic

2. Nikola Jokic

3. Karl Anthony Towns

Big gap: Jason Tatum, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Trae Young in some order

Zach LaVine sucks. He shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's top 5.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Simmons is a glorified point guard with literally no shot and terrible free throw percentage and he only averages four more assists and the same number of turnovers. LaVine is a playmaker and a very good defender at his position. There is nothing for LaVine to "turn around".

“Only averages 4 more assists” ... highly significant. And that’s just the numbers. Simmons is a special talent as a creator. Zach out there trying to get buckets. And that’s okay, he’s good at it. But the team sucks. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Zach LaVine sucks. He shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's top 5.

Hyperbole sucks. Who has LaVine anywhere near their top 5?

58 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Zach LaVine is not an elite defender for his position. Is that a joke?

Who made it? I didn't see anyone call LaVine an elite defender.

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Every team in the NBA would take Simmons over LaVine and not give it a second of thought. Simmons is an elite playmaker, transition player, and defender. Zach Lavine is a volume scorer on a bad team that gives you nothing else. He's a sixth man/scorer off the bench for a good team at best IMO

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Every team in the NBA would be wrong then. It's never happened before? Happens all of the time. Everything you said Simmons does well LaVine does at an elite level also. LaVine has a consistent shot from the free throw line and three point line, not just field goals. To characterize LaVine as someone who gives you "nothing else" but volume scoring is misinformed and false. As for the last sentence in this post, that is totally irrelevant as it is a speculative opinion at best.

Simmons is a glorified point guard with literally no shot and terrible free throw percentage and he only averages four more assists and the same number of turnovers. LaVine is a playmaker and a very good defender at his position. There is nothing for LaVine to "turn around".

@jyod21

18 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Hyperbole sucks. Who has LaVine anywhere near their top 5?

His name has been mentioned in the thread which is too much for him.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

His name has been mentioned in the thread which is too much for him.

LaVine is tied for eighth in total steals thus far. He has eight less blocks than Simmons on the season despite being four inches shorter. And LaVine is one of the most well balanced and efficient offensive players in the league regardless of age. LaVine has become a legitimate consideration in the discussion for best players under the age of 25, especially when compiling a list of twenty. . .

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

LaVine is tied for eighth in total steals thus far. He has eight less blocks than Simmons on the season despite being four inches shorter. And LaVine is one of the most well balanced and efficient offensive players in the league regardless of age. LaVine has become a legitimate consideration in the discussion for best players under the age of 25, especially when compiling a list of twenty. . .

I doubt he'd crack my top twenty but I haven't thought that hard about it.

I'm sorry...what? LaVine is an awful defender. And calling him a playmaker is like calling Russell Westbrook an efficient shooter.