quaint seaside village mafia “Town wins. Josh draws short straw”

wolfeyestrk

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Please show examples of where you've done this successfully.

You know why Orca liked your post? 

I think it was Gopher's world mafia where i got him lynched because of my crackpot conspiracy and went on to nail like 3/4 of them to the wall. Probably my best game on this forum even though the ending didn't land. 

I rotate between stupid mafia gambles and normal calculative mafia play, death note being one of my better games along with GOT mafia ****show that it was being my best mafia game here. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Didnt he do something really weird as hulk in marvel mafia?

Yeah I tried something about killing Thanos as my WC and got myself lynched so I could kill someone I thought was mafia, I killed captain america instead.

Props to racks for having a detailed OP on that one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

You know why Orca liked your post? 

I think it was Gopher's world mafia where i got him lynched because of my crackpot conspiracy and went on to nail like 3/4 of them to the wall. Probably my best game on this forum even though the ending didn't land. 

I rotate between stupid mafia gambles and normal calculative mafia play, death note being one of my better games along with GOT mafia ****show that it was being my best mafia game here. 

Yeah I tried something about killing Thanos as my WC and got myself lynched so I could kill someone I thought was mafia, I killed captain america instead.

Props to racks for having a detailed OP on that one. 

I'll bet money that your version isn't how it actually turned out in the one game you mentioned.  That tactic is going to cost town every time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'll bet money that your version isn't how it actually turned out in the one game you mentioned.  That tactic is going to cost town every time.

You say this as if we just didn't win a game of mafia with my strategy doing nothing to harm town. 

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Only, and solely, because I'm a good player capable of not getting lynched on a hard claim.  You get zero credit for this.  

We had a more compelling lynch appear, you got lucky and nothing more. 

Of course i get zero credit it was malf/rack who got us the win. 

Ratio was 12:4:1. But it read like my tarot deck had been messed with. So I wasn't sure. That's why I said it was weird.

Figured out there was a cult through talking and realizing why I would have a role like I did.

Also, I could use my move any two nights. I lied.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I was a PGO with a fake investment claim I thought I’d get a quick scum kill and then back off of it. I could decide to set a trap or not set one. This works too.

@squire12 @theuntouchable@Matts4313@DingoLadd I was trying to draw a hit, so I softed invest N1, no one visited me, and I just decided to be somewhat spastic with hard claiming/softing various things to see if scum would come for a cheap hit.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@squire12 @theuntouchable@Matts4313@DingoLadd I was trying to draw a hit, so I softed invest N1, no one visited me, and I just decided to be somewhat spastic with hard claiming/softing various things to see if scum would come for a cheap hit.

I can see that.  

How it unfolded was odd.  You locked a vote on Josh.  Then inferred that orca had some hand in Josh being redirected.   It raised more suspicion about you which would steer scum away from hitting you. Maybe they redirect you or roleblock you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I can see that.  

How it unfolded was odd.  You locked a vote on Josh.  Then inferred that orca had some hand in Josh being redirected.   It raised more suspicion about you which would steer scum away from hitting you. Maybe they redirect you or roleblock you.

Yeah, I realized that a bit too late unfortunately. I was really banking on there being 2 warring factions (scum/cult) that would lead at least one of them to take a chance on taking me out. From there, since I could set/not set my PGO accordingly, I'd NOT set it N3 in case a Town was redirected to me.

@wolfeyestrk, what was the consequence if I killed a 2nd Town? (I lost my vote if it happened once).