Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A report came out today that said he probably won't ever play for the Jets again fwiw. 

That kind of changes my opinion then on the Ekwonu rumors.  I see Brugler is one of the sources on the Becton stuff, so that definitely carries some weight.  The way Pete Carroll fawned over Becton, the Jets should offer him in a DK Metcalf package.

Edited by eh3034

One guy who has really helped himself this spring is Penn State WR Jahan Dotson. I think there’s a good shot he’ll be the fifth receiver off the board Thursday night, and that’s even though, at a shade under 5'11", he may strictly be a slot in the NFL.

Per Breer

Just now, Ray Reed said:

I’m completely out of the loop on Becton.

What in the world happened? Is this injury based or a disgruntled situation?

Mostly reminds me the 49ers / Trent Brown situation, to be honest. 

Out of shape, not working through it...nagging injuries...etc. That's what it seems like from what I have followed. 

Then he didn't show up to voluntary camp this year. There is talk that his GF is pregnant and due next month, but I'm not sure exactly when and I'm not sure how close that was to that brief get together and work out. 

I feel like he's about to be hit with that "doesn't care" or "is lazy" label, though Jets fans can answer with more certainty than I can. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mostly reminds me the 49ers / Trent Brown situation, to be honest. 

Out of shape, not working through it...nagging injuries...etc. That's what it seems like from what I have followed. 

Then he didn't show up to voluntary camp this year. There is talk that his GF is pregnant and due next month, but I'm not sure exactly when and I'm not sure how close that was to that brief get together and work out. 

I feel like he's about to be hit with that "doesn't care" or "is lazy" label, though Jets fans can answer with more certainty than I can. 

I immediately thought of Jeff Otah tbh.

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m completely out of the loop on Becton.

What in the world happened? Is this injury based or a disgruntled situation?

Talent out the wazoo but just doesn’t commit enough to his conditioning, had a bad injury last year he was supposed to return from but didn’t, his OL coach constantly attacks fans who express displeasure with his work ethic(some warranted, some not) just unreliable right now so who knows what Douglas will do.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

You worried about Woody? 

Always in the back of my mind. If he’s against certain character things for his organization that’s fine but if he’s forcing the staff to target specific guys or refusing to bring in specific guys he’s gonna lose what little trust from this fan base he has left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

One guy who has really helped himself this spring is Penn State WR Jahan Dotson. I think there’s a good shot he’ll be the fifth receiver off the board Thursday night, and that’s even though, at a shade under 5'11", he may strictly be a slot in the NFL.

Per Breer

He reminds me so much of Tyler Lockett