Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Does anyone think that we see guys like Walker Little and Greg Rousseau, talented guys but who haven't played in a while, slip even more than we thought originally? I think teams are going to be extra cautious with guys like that and they may fall into close to the 2nd half of day 2.

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Does anyone think that we see guys like Walker Little and Greg Rousseau, talented guys but who haven't played in a while, slip even more than we thought originally? I think teams are going to be extra cautious with guys like that and they may fall into close to the 2nd half of day 2.

I'll be more surprised if Little goes top 50 than if he goes 51-100.  Hasn't played in two years and coming off an injury?

18 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't know that Rousseau is going in the top 50 anyway, so it's hard to say whether that's because of the player, or not having played. Then you have guys like Spencer Brown or Nico Collins and their range is so wide that I think it's hard to say that they slipped for one reason or another. 

Little has additional mitigating factors as well (injuries). I could see him go late day 2, early day 3. I have no doubt that the time off impacts the draft boards of some teams, but likely doesn't on others. 

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I genuinely think if the 49ers pass on Mac (which they should), whoever drafts him will do so after he landed in their laps rather than trading up for him. 

It's an interesting question on where he would go. He's basically been tied to 3 teams and nobody else in the earlier part of the draft. And the panthers connection was shut down by Jourdan Rodrigue, leaving only 2 (Pats and 49ers). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Walker Little is gonna draft because of the injury plus opt-out.  Not because he's a bad prospect, but he's a late Day 2, early Day 3 type.  Rousseau is maybe a late Day 1, early Day 2 type.  Someone's going to gamble on him.

32 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

This is what i've been saying.  I like Marshall and Bateman too, but after that you are getting a developmental guy or a slot guy.  I'm sure some random dude in rd 5 is going to have a great year, because that always happens, but after those 5 (and odds are at least 2 of those 5 are disappointing) there are going to be a LOOOOOOT more misses than hits.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's an interesting question on where he would go. He's basically been tied to 3 teams and nobody else in the earlier part of the draft. And the panthers connection was shut down by Jourdan Rodrigue, leaving only 2 (Pats and 49ers). 

And Pats have shown way more interest in Fields and Lance in terms of the delegation sent to their pro days.