Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just based on the outpouring of people hanging on to the Mac thing and now more and more people who were ardently against Mac being the selection flipping over to him, thinking it's most likely that Jones is the pick at 3. I said I wanted to wait until the draft was closer, I've waited, signs still point there... Perhaps even more so

Still makes no damn sense though...

DJ and Kiper were on together today and both agreed he was the pick.

Just now, WindyCity said:

DJ and Kiper were on together today and both agreed he was the pick.

As someone told Middlekauff...if Kyle makes that choice, it's arguably one of the most arrogant picks that has ever been made LOL. I mean, that's legitimately his legacy if it fails. But that seems to be what they want to do. 

I would have just offered something to Minnesota for Cousins. I'm sure that they would have been fine moving off Kirk Cousins' guaranteed money. 

35 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Betting market swinging from Fields at 3. Lot of money behind Jones there.

He's always been the leader in tickets. After Fields' pro day, I believe Fields took the lead in money. 

The last two days, lots of people have basically doubled down on Mac, which is why I'm guessing that he's the pick. Lots of people who aren't often wrong and they haven't softened their stance like I thought they would. Graziano said that as of 48 hours ago the niners still hadn't made a decision,  so if you believe that (Breer still only suggests that he *could* be the pick) there is some enticement at Lance +500, I will admit. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I quit. 

He's always been the guy for me. I even told my degenerate gambling father in law to put the house on it. Win or lose he'd still hate my guts but I could either say I made him a ton of money or lost him a ton of money, win-win for me. 

Them keeping Jimmy is what made me think it was Lance. I think Jones will play day 1 and Fields can as well depending on where he goes but Lance would be the best candidate to sit and learn for a season. 

Right now I have it 

Lance to 49ers, Fields to Falcons and Jones to Panthers

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He's always been the guy for me. I even told my degenerate gambling father in law to put the house on it. Win or lose he'd still hate my guts but I could either say I made him a ton of money or lost him a ton of money, win-win for me. 

Them keeping Jimmy is what made me think it was Lance. I think Jones will play day 1 and Fields can as well depending on where he goes but Lance would be the best candidate to sit and learn for a season. 

Right now I have it 

I'm 100% good with Lance if he's the pick. He was my initial selection when we traded up. 

I'm debating making the big bet on him. 4k at +500. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Right now I have it 

Think it was Eric Galko that said he still thinks there's only a 10 percent chance Jimmy G is on the opening day roster.

I'd be surprised if he's not, but that was interesting.

From a very connected Bears beat guy talking to another GM>

“I look at the Bears, and there could be a desperation move by them. They couldn’t get it done in free agency. They’re trying to get it done in the draft. They need to get a guy to develop. They need to pull the ‘give me some more time’ move.”

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

From a very connected Bears beat guy talking to another GM>

“I look at the Bears, and there could be a desperation move by them. They couldn’t get it done in free agency. They’re trying to get it done in the draft. They need to get a guy to develop. They need to pull the ‘give me some more time’ move.”

Gettleman has never traded back, but there is a better than normal chance that he does it this year in the first, and I think it would be with either the Patriots or Bears if one of those QBs are there at 11. 

On a similar note, I've heard from some that the draft starts at 4, because we don't know which direction the Falcons want to go. I disagree and think the draft starts at 3 with exactly which QB the Niners take. If they do actually take Mac Jones, which I still doubt, I think we see 5 QBs in the top-10. These teams all have these QBs ranked differently, but we know there are at least a few that have Fields as their #2. If a team like the Panthers, Broncos, or Patriots has Fields as their #2 QB in the draft and he is available at pick 4 after 3 other QBs have gone, I'd have to imagine there is a mad dash and fight to get him. Meanwhile, if the Niners do take Fields at 3, I think there are wildly different opinions on Jones and Lance, and we could see one or both of those guys slip a bit, causing more position players to go in the top-10.

The 29th can't get here soon enough.

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Gettleman has never traded back, but there is a better than normal chance that he does it this year in the first, and I think it would be with either the Patriots or Bears if one of those QBs are there at 11.

Giants aren't trading down.  IF there's a QB the Patriots or Bears want, why wouldn't they strike a deal with a team earlier?  It's a little "too convenient" for the Giants to be the spot where those teams try and trade up.