Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, after a quick detour, I'm back on the "there's no way in hell the pick is Mac at 3" .

I just do not get what benefit the 49ers get from putting that smoke out there?

Media guys, and ones close to Shanahan, are going pretty hard on the Mac at 3 stuff.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Media guys, and ones close to Shanahan, are going pretty hard on the Mac at 3 stuff.

Yet other people say that they haven't told anyone even still and others are saying that a decision still hasn't been made (Graziano put that out yesterday, I believe). Not everyone can be right. It would be insane for this many people to be wrong, which I find amusing to no end. But there's no clarity here. Just people legitimately saying opposite things LOL that can't all be true lol. Breer has not indicated they have made a choice as of yet either. 

I'm not going to lie...it's legitimately one of, if not the most, weird media situations I have ever seen with regards to the draft. 

So when all is said and done, I just hedge against Mac because it makes the least amount of sense to me personally and I can't trust any of these damn reports lol 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yet other people say that they haven't told anyone even still and others are saying that a decision still hasn't been made (Graziano put that out yesterday, I believe). Not everyone can be right. It would be insane for this many people to be wrong, which I find amusing to no end. But there's no clarity here. Just people legitimately saying opposite things LOL that can't all be true lol. Breer has not indicated they have made a choice as of yet either. 

I'm not going to lie...it's legitimately one of, if not the most, weird media situations I have ever seen with regards to the draft. 

So when all is said and done, I just hedge against Mac because it makes the least amount of sense to me personally and I can't trust any of these damn reports lol 

I join you in being perplexed about what is going on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I join you in being perplexed about what is going on.

It has been hilariously stressful and fun as a 49er fan. It's insane. And the pick could certainly be Mac, I really have no idea. There are things that point me to all of them. Seems like a lot of work to have Trey Lance change his freaking QB coach to the guy you prefer if the plan is not to draft him. And why not do that for Mac Jones as well? Beck has been training Fields all along and Shanny already has a personal relationship with him from the QB collective. Mac Jones has several traits that Kyle values highly which makes him an obvious fit from that standpoint. 

I'm just trying to enjoy and not freak out too much either way...though every time Mac comes up, a part of me dies, admittedly. 

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Might the answer just be fun?  Why not mess with the media and all the hype around the draft?  I think they knew exactly who they wanted when they traded up, and they aren't going to let anyone know until the pick is made.  This not only is fun, but it also keeps everyone talking about the 49ers for the next week. Who's talking about the Jets?  The Jags have the #1 pick with a purported generational talent at QB, and almost no one even mentions it anymore.  The 49ers are dominating the news cycle around the draft, and it's not by accident.

• Like 4

Just now, goldfishwars said:

How long will this new phase last?

Hard to say....I waffled back and forth between Lance and Fields for about 5 days before giving the edge to Fields and staying there for like 3 weeks. I have daily (or just about daily) updated, arbitrary selection percentages for each of them and its mostly been Fields on top, just at varying percentages. It's really only been the last 2 days before today where Mac had taken the lead. But today I moved him way back down adn I'm currently at 48/48/2/2 (2% wilson, just because lol). 

I think that I'm back more in line with where I was when we first traded up in that I'll be flipping between Lance and Fields every day from now until the draft (barring some really confident info coming out in the day or two prior to the draft) 

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'll be legit shocked if it isn't Fields at 3.  Lance is super raw, unproven, and has barely played in two years.  I don't believe in Mac either.

Lance is a legit option, I really think that. It's more of a projection, but the stuff that he can do and how advanced he was at 19 years old is going to make him extremely tempting for someone like Shanny. Then you add the physical traits on top of it...I can totally see it happening (and furthermore, I'm actually very okay with the selection if it is him, though I'd personally take Fields, I think). If Mac Jones is a legit option, Lance has to be. 

The talk is starting to come up a little on Lance as well. I missed my chance at the +500 though, which I'm livid about (I was seriously on my way to place the bet, had just gotten out of the shower, when the odds dropped). I posted the Eisen clip yesterday. Today it was Tom Pelissaro (though he's also still banging the drum on Mac). Everyone is just everywhere in this whole mess. 

"[K]eep an eye here on Trey Lance because I've spoken to a number of relatively plugged-in people in recent days who all say Lance has to be at least a consideration at No. 3," Pelissero said. "He had his second pro day on Monday. I've talked to people who watched that pro day either live or on tape. All say that it was better than the first pro day.

"And at that pro day, Ian, Lance was running some Kyle Shanahan staple drills, concepts, throws, because the 49ers wanted to make sure, with no private workouts allowed because of COVID restrictions, that they got the best look possible of one of the mystery men in this draft."

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll take Pitts over Mac. 

One is a unicorn...the other is the single horned goat Lucky from Despicable me 3. 

Pitts costing 2021 pick 12, 2022 first and 2023 first .....better be a unicorn that can play multiple positions both ways.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Pitts costing 2021 pick 12, 2022 first and 2023 first .....better be a unicorn that can play multiple positions both ways.

Already a sunk cost, not much I can do about it now (like i could do anything about it to start with, but you know what I mean lol)