Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Man, half of the Silver report is him talking about Mac's junior tennis prowess 

Lol

It reads like Josh Rosen's scouting report. Should make everyone in niner land feel good. 

Silver's info was the most detailed by far. The one that that didn't get much play was Ian saying that the shanny love (could be Mike or Kyle, but that basically means the same thing) has not been hidden. That's huge.

They've kept the pick quiet, but according to Ian, not the love. That would make sense on why people are connecting dots, but not backing the reports and just "believe" the pick will be Mac. 

That was a super important nugget that didn't get talked about enough

Just now, goldfishwars said:

But there's way more smoke linking 49ers to Mac than there was with the Browns being linked to anyone. Huge plumes of smoke, Shanahan's buddies, guys who report around the league speaking to agents. It's all pointed in that direction.

Everyone thought it was Allen/ Darnold, but everyone was wrong. It just happens when you don't talk was what I meant. 

I think the Mac thing is an educated guess, perhaps a very good one. With the new stuff being said every day, I think I understand why it is, and it may be accurate. Ian dropped one "Mike loves Mac" and then a second, ambiguous "shanny loves Mac and has not been shy about it" which could have been either. So now I'm starting to understand some things. I don't know if Mac is the pick, but I understand why it has come out like it did I think. 

It's pretty gnarly on Twitter as a result. There's a petition to stop the team from drafting Mac lol. Shanny is getting called rascist. Is getting ugly

• Like 1

Draft range on gamble on greatness guys like Lance is always difficult to project. But I don't know how you take a high elbow guy like Fields that early. It could not be more basic. When that elbow is extended at 90 degrees instead of neutral at 45 degrees it leads to all kinds of forced contortions that waste precious tenths of a second. Lends to inaccuracy and also panic. The crankup delivery means the windows are closing quicker for you than for quarterbacks with a more compact delivery. Once the quarterback senses that ongoing issue in the NFL he resorts to line drive reliance. It is exactly what happened with Newton and also with Wentz. If either one of those guys had a pure swing with ideal mechanics they could relax and make every throw in the book. Again, it is just like a golfer with a flawed swing. The 90 degree guys have so many moving parts going on that have to mesh perfectly. I've seen the issue fixed but rarely. When Rodgers entered the league he had that weird Jeff Tedford ball position. But it wasn't so much his delivery as much as the angles at starting point. With Newton, Wentz and Fields it is the entirety.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Everyone thought it was Allen/ Darnold, but everyone was wrong. It just happens when you don't talk was what I meant. 

I think the Mac thing is an educated guess, perhaps a very good one. With the new stuff being said every day, I think I understand why it is, and it may be accurate. Ian dropped one "Mike loves Mac" and then a second, ambiguous "shanny loves Mac and has not been shy about it" which could have been either. So now I'm starting to understand some things. I don't know if Mac is the pick, but I understand why it has come out like it did I think. 

"Mike and Shanny" can live Mac.  Doesn't mean they can't love Lance or Fields equally or more

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's pretty gnarly on Twitter as a result. There's a petition to stop the team from drafting Mac lol. Shanny is getting called rascist. Is getting ugly

Oh boy

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Oh boy

Yep. My block and and mute buttons are getting a work out. I'm not trying to hear that noise. I can enjoy draft night just so much by mocking the niners as I can from us selecting who I want. I'm not trying to make this more serious than entertainment

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm at a point where I'm still expecting the pick to be fields or Lance, but expecting to be wrong. I have no idea how that even happens 😂 

This just be what it feels like to triple stamp a double stamp

I feel like Fields is the one I’m confident is the least likely to be the pick.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like Fields is the one I’m confident is the least likely to be the pick.

It's weird because his entire draft stock is empty. Who loves him? There was a single report about Carolina loving him and I haven't heard a single word about another team being in on him. Like, I've heard the Washington / Lance rumors. I've heard Atlanta / Lance. Obviously we all know the Mac talk. 

But seriously, how have we gone this long without hearing people talk about Fields with a team? 

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Azeez Ojulari really fits what Depodesta and our front office have tried to draft.

Length

Athleticism

Played against SEC

Fills a potential hole

Just my opinion, but scheme versatility

Is the talk still edge for you guys?

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

It’s going to be either a #2 CB or EDGE. Berry obviously likes Clowney, but he’s bounced around for a reason.

There’s an outside chance of WR.

Would be a really good spot for Bateman, but I definitely get the appeal of edge there. Perfect spot and it's not an ideal class. You could actually miss on the corners there (especially if Farley is dnd) so edge could make more sense than corner too

I didn't hear this myself, so if anyone could corroborate, but apparently Fowler went on Sportscenter and said that the Panthers love Justin Fields and will take him at 8 if there (backing up the earlier report that Jourdan Rodrigue made). 

I think Carolina is an excellent fit for Fields, but I just don’t think Detroit would be able to resist him. Goff is nothing more than a two-three year placeholder imo. And if they get their hands on Fields, that becomes probably like 8 games lol. Goff is not someone you pass on a Franchise QB for. 

I also think Atlanta, Cincy, and Miami are all staying put, regardless of the Miami rumors. I think Atlanta wants themselves some Kyle Pitts and I don’t see any team offering up the farm for that pick. As for Miami, I think they traded back up for any of the big three, including Sewell. I’m sure they prefer Pitts and Chase 100%, but they’d more than happily select Sewell and I’m sure they were All In on all three guys before making the trade. 

That leaves Fields going to Detroit. 

Personally, I have it going like this:

1. Jaguars - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Lance

7. Lions - Fields

11. *Trade Up from 20* Bears - Jones

If the Bears don’t trade up, the Patriots will happily select him at 15. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think Carolina is an excellent fit for Fields, but I just don’t think Detroit would be able to resist him. Goff is nothing more than a two-three year placeholder imo. And if they get their hands on Fields, that becomes probably like 8 games lol. Goff is not someone you pass on a Franchise QB for. 

I also think Atlanta, Cincy, and Miami are all staying put, regardless of the Miami rumors. I think Atlanta wants themselves some Kyle Pitts and I don’t see any team offering up the farm for that pick. As for Miami, I think they traded back up for any of the big three, including Sewell. I’m sure they prefer Pitts and Chase 100%, but they’d more than happily select Sewell and I’m sure they were All In on all three guys before making the trade. 

That leaves Fields going to Detroit. 

Personally, I have it going like this:

1. Jaguars - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Lance

7. Lions - Fields

11. *Trade Up from 20* Bears - Jones

If the Bears don’t trade up, the Patriots will happily select him at 15. 

Detroit to me is the move down spot. If I gave it a random, arbitrarily selected percentage that Detroit would make that pick, I think it's 20%.