Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

How did Fields go from the B to Lawrence's A all the way throughout their time in HS & CFB, to now being surpassed by not just 1 QB(Zach Wilson) but possibly 3(Lance & Jones) in the eyes of scouts?

Still hard for me to believe the 49ers won't take him.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Another one that's hard to grasp, don't see Bateman dropping out of the 1st. Do see Elijah Moore going higher than people think though, besides only being 5'9 he checks every box. 

19 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

How did Fields go from the B to Lawrence's A all the way throughout their time in HS & CFB, to now being surpassed by not just 1 QB(Zach Wilson) but possibly 3(Lance & Jones) in the eyes of scouts?

Still hard for me to believe the 49ers won't take him.

Another one that's hard to grasp, don't see Bateman dropping out of the 1st. Do see Elijah Moore going higher than people think though, besides only being 5'9 he checks every box. 

Those other guys got better, he didn't? I'm not sure but this working theory that Fields is amazing was always overblown. The gap between him and Lawrence was always huge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Those other guys got better, he didn't? I'm not sure but this working theory that Fields is amazing was always overblown. The gap between him and Lawrence was always huge. 

I never said they didn't. It's just that you don't typically see heralded prospects like him get leap frogged by multiple guys.

29 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Peter King still think it's Mac at three, no other trades up for QBs.

This is a good thing. He misses pretty much every year even after he breaks the story. He breaks kinlaw last year, didn't mock him to us. He broke the mcg story, then proceeded to not mock him to us 😂. I'm not sure why he does that. 

This year he could be right. We will see. Especially if we trade Jimmy to New England for a second like he says. 

• Like 1

Wow, took a look on Twitter, and I see sports fans on Social Media are still dumb as rocks. Many fans, both 49er fans and non 49er fans, acting like taking Lance over Fields is a crime and dumbest decision of the century. Now, there's nothing wrong with preferring Fields over Lance, but the extreme gap they are making it out to be is laughable. I personally think Lance is a flat out better prospect than Fields (although close), and also fits Shanahan's Offense way better, he can start doing some video game stuff with Lance, and start getting way more creative. Whereas I've said before, Fields is a Mobile Matt Stafford to me, which will be a solid QB, but Lance's skillset and potential is mouth watering. And while he's raw, he's not as raw as some make him out to be. I'd say he's already got Fields beat on the mental side of the game with reading defenses, pre snap adjustments, protection adjustments, and processing speed. He beats Fields in all those categories. His accuracy definitely isn't as good as Fields, especially the deep ball, but that's where the 49ers trust their coaching staff, and Lance is a very smart kid who seems to learn like a sponge. And minus his deep ball, his accuracy isn't that bad at all, it's way better than let's say, Lamar Jackson coming out of college, miles better actually. I'd actually say Lance's Short and Intermediate Accuracy are above-average, while his Deep Accuracy is below-average. So, they just really need to work primarily on his deep ball, which will come with time. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wow, took a look on Twitter, and I see sports fans on Social Media are still dumb as rocks. Many fans, both 49er fans and non 49er fans, acting like taking Lance over Fields is a crime and dumbest decision of the century. Now, there's nothing wrong with preferring Fields over Lance, but the extreme gap they are making it out to be is laughable. I personally think Lance is a flat out better prospect than Fields (although close), and also fits Shanahan's Offense way better, he can start doing some video game stuff with Lance, and start getting way more creative. Whereas I've said before, Fields is a Mobile Matt Stafford to me, which will be a solid QB, but Lance's skillset and potential is mouth watering. And while he's raw, he's not as raw as some make him out to be. I'd say he's already got Fields beat on the mental side of the game with reading defenses, pre snap adjustments, protection adjustments, and processing speed. He beats Fields in all those categories. His accuracy definitely isn't as good as Fields, especially the deep ball, but that's where the 49ers trust their coaching staff, and Lance is a very smart kid who seems to learn like a sponge. And minus his deep ball, his accuracy isn't that bad at all, it's way better than let's say, Lamar Jackson coming out of college, miles better actually. I'd actually say Lance's Short and Intermediate Accuracy are above-average, while his Deep Accuracy is below-average. So, they just really need to work primarily on his deep ball, which will come with time. 

It may not matter. There's still a reasonable shot this pick is Mac. I don't expect it to be, but nobody should be surprised if shanny is incapable of evolving with regards to his qb preference or is worried his system may not be the star

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is a good thing. He misses pretty much every year even after he breaks the story. He breaks kinlaw last year, didn't mock him to us. He broke the mcg story, then proceeded to not mock him to us 😂. I'm not sure why he does that. 

This year he could be right. We will see. Especially if we trade Jimmy to New England for a second like he says. 

Man I hope so, because he's linking the Pats to Trask 😞

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Well, he gets the reports right. He just fails the mock. 

But he's also talking about you trading for Jimmy. Neither you or I want that

The Trask thing stems from McDaniels being at Trask's Pro day, but we've sent way bigger groups of scouts to see Fields and Lance so I don't really get it. McDaniels was at Mond's Pro day too.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

The Trask thing stems from McDaniels being at Trask's Pro day, but we've sent way bigger groups of scouts to see Fields and Lance so I don't really get it. McDaniels was at Mond's Pro day too.

I've always just assumed you were making a bold move for fields at some point. I think I said that in the pats forum like 3 weeks ago. 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've always just assumed you were making a bold move for fields at some point. I think I said that in the pats forum like 3 weeks ago. 

I still think that's likely, Lions being the most likely spot if he's there at 7. People relying on how the Pats operated during the Brady-era are forgetting what just happened in free agency, this a new norms age.