Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

BayRaider Finalized Big Board:

Big Board Link: https://thedraftnetwork.com/bigboard/uyjNKHHoJa

First and Final Mock Draft Link: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/35663-bayraider-first-and-final-2021-mock-draft-three-rounds/

- 30 1st Round Graded Players

- 32 2nd Round Graded Players

Generational Prospect:

1. QB Trevor Lawrence

Blue Chip Prospect:

2. OT Penei Sewell

Outstanding Prospects:

3. QB Zach Wilson

4. WR Ja'Marr Chase

5. TE Kyle Pitts

6. LB Micah Parsons

Upper Tier Prospects:

7. QB Trey Lance

8. QB Justin Fields

9. CB Caleb Farley

10. WR Devonta Smith

11. IOL Alijah Vera-Tucker

1st Round Grade:

12. OT Christian Darrisaw

13. CB Patrick Surtain II

14. OT/C Rashawn Slater

15. WR Dyami Brown

16. S Trevon Moehrig

17. RB Najee Harris

18. EDGE Jayson Oweh

19. WR Rashod Bateman

20. EDGE Kwity Paye

21. WR Jaylen Waddle

22. EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari

23. EDGE Gregory Rousseau

24. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

25. RB Travis Etienne

26. WR Kadarius Toney

27. OT Samuel Cosmi

28. CB Jaycee Horn

29. OT/G Liam Eichenberg

30. LB Nick Bolton

2nd Round Grade:

31. WR Elijah Moore

32. LB Baron Browning

33. IDL Christian Barmore

34. RB Javonte Williams

35. EDGE Jaelan Philips

36. OT Walker Little

37. OT/G Teven Jenkins

38. IOL Landon Dickerson

39. CB Eric Stokes

40. EDGE Joseph Ossai

41. CB Greg Newsome II

42. WR Terrace Marshall Jr.

43. EDGE Carlos Basham Jr. 

44. EDGE Payton Turner

45. IOL Creed Humphrey

46. LB Jamin Davis

47. WR Rondale Moore

48. EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo

49. CB Tyson Campbell

50. LB Zaven Collins

51. TE Pat Freiermuth

52. IOL Wyatt Davis

53. S/CB Jevon Holland

54. S Richie Grant

55. OT James Hudson

56. NCB Asante Samuel Jr. 

57. OT Alex Leatherwood

58. IDL Daviyon Nixon

59. QB Kyle Trask

60. LB Jabril Cox

61. OT Stone Forsythe

62. NCB Trill Williams

By Position:

WR's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-34-20-PM.png

OT's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-34-43-PM.png

EDGE's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-34-56-PM.png

CB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-12-PM.png

QB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-18-PM.png

TE's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-23-PM.png

IDL:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-29-PM.png

IOL:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-37-PM.png

Safety's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-46-PM.png

RB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-54-PM.png

LB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-36-07-PM.png

Notes:

- QB's: Very rare that I really like the Top 4 QB's of any class, but I'm a big fan of all four guys. I do agree Lance is Boom or Bust, but as long as he gets the coaching he needs, he should be fine. I think Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance all have Top 5 QB Potential which is absolutely nuts. Keyword, "potential", wouldn't expect all three of them to hit that mark. As for Fields, I think he has Top 10 QB Potential, but he has a safer floor than Lance. As for Mac Jones... as you can see, not even on my rankings. I'm sure if he goes to the 49ers, Shanny will make him look like Kirk Cousins-Esque but he's no where close to being a 1st Round QB Prospect imo. Any other team but the 49ers, he's a Low-Level starter in the 20-32 range. 

- LB's: Love Parsons. I like Owusu-Koramoah but concerned about his weight, and think that type of LB usually doesn't provide great value in the 1st. However, I still like him, and despite previous comment, I do think JOK is a more rare breed and that he does belong in the 1st. I'm lower on Collins than most, but still would love to have him as a starting LB. He just seems boom or bust to me, went to a small school, and faced bad competition. Just seems like one of those small school freak athletes who usually have super high bust rates. As for Nick Bolton, he may not be as athletic as these freaks in the draft like Parsons, JOK, Davis, and Collins but he just has "it". He's absolutely ruthless, never makes mistakes, diagnoses perfectly, complete dog, great run defender, great gap shooter, and good enough speed. 

- EDGE's: I have Oweh, Paye, and Ojulari all pretty close. Oweh gets hated on for no sacks but the guy is the freak of the draft, and I really love what I see on tape. Paye is another guy I really like as well that could develop into something nasty. This EDGE class is all about potential, that's what you should be looking at. I have Philips in the 2nd because he's the scariest prospect in the entire draft. His concussions and forced earlier retirement scare me way more than Farley's stuff. Major, major risk factor. Although if the risk pays off, Philips is an absolutely tremendous pass rusher. As for his teammate Gregory Rousseau, I like him a lot as a 3-4 EDGE. Although he can probably play 4-3 End in the NFL but it'll take him some time. 

- WR's: Another loaded, and I mean loaded WR class. About the only thing I agree with Chris Simms on is that Dyami Brown is our WR3. He's gonna be a baller IMO. One word describes Dyami Brown: DOMINANT. Not as big on Waddle as others are... but I still really like him. Just don't understand the Top 10 hype... Devonta Smith is definitely the better prospect and the weight doesn't concern me like it does on a Linebacker. 

- OT's: Love Sewell as a Franchise LT. Love Darrisaw as a Franchise RT. Slater can be a Top Tier Center or an Above-Average OT at either spot. Same with Eichenberg, Top Tier G or Mid-Tier RT. Jenkins I'm obviously not as high on as some fans, I think he's a guard at the next level. Cosmi will be a solid RT and a day one starter. I like Walker Little a lot as well, although the injury history is definitely something to consider. 

- Safety's: Many don't think there's much of a gap from Moehrig and Grant/Holland. I do think there's quite a noticeable gap. When I watch Moehrig I see the playmaking cover FS that I've always wanted. And he's not afraid to get involved in the physical side of things as well. He's also much better at pure coverage than Andre Cisco, and much more consistent/refined skills. As for Holland, not even sure he'll be a full time safety, I see a lot of Nickelback during his career, and bit of a do-it-all kind of guy. 

- CB's: Love Farley. Have said he's a Top 10 player in this draft since December. However, his injury is definitely worrisome. I think Surtain is also a solid prospect, but definitely behind Farley. Long speed is important in the NFL and Farley is likely a low 4.4 guy while Surtain is likely a mid 4.5 guy (don't care about Pro Day 40's). Horn on the other hand, is 100% boom or bust and he scares me. He has a lot of similarities to Jeff Gladney last year in which he likes to get grabby... not gonna work in the NFL unless he gets a lot of good coaching. I like Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, and Greg Newsome II in the 2nd Round quite a bit. I know many on here like Newsome as a 1st Rounder but I just don't see it. Although, if it's the final few picks of the 1st like Green Bay, it's not a bad pick by any means. 

IDL: Probably one of the worst IDL classes I have ever seen. I'd say there's a 30-35% chance Barmore goes in the 1st, even though he shouldn't. I have Barmore with an Early 2nd Grade, Nixon with a Late 2nd Grade, and Levi with an Early 3rd Grade. Nixon will be a solid player if he goes to the right scheme, he'd be great in Tampa Bay. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

I ordered the Ourlads draft guide to continue my streak of at least one print publication dating to Joel Buchsbaum. The cover of that guide alone demonstrates why Jones has to go above Fields. They used one action photo apiece of the top 5 quarterbacks, plus a photo of Pitts. Mac Jones' photo shows him with a wonderfully relaxed overhead throwing motion. It reminded me exactly of photos of Chad Pennington coming out of Marshall. Contrast to the absolutely grotesque photo of Justin Fields. Talk about a chicken wing. As I've posted on many sites, Fields has the flawed high elbow backswing just like Carson Wentz. That delivery causes all kinds of accuracy and consistency problems when exposed to NFL windows. 

Kudos to the Silver guy for focusing on mechanics. I come from a golf background where that type of thinking is ingrained and automatic. Somehow it is not prevalent in football scouting, and that is ridiculous. Maybe Frank Reich can clean up Wentz and get rid of the chicken wing, or at least minimize it. But Justin Fields needs every bit as much remodeling. 

Anybody who has the Ourlards guide will see what I am referring to on the cover. That picture of Fields' splayed elbow was the most glaring I've seen. Cam Newton has the same tendency. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

BayRaider Finalized Big Board:

Big Board Link: https://thedraftnetwork.com/bigboard/uyjNKHHoJa

First and Final Mock Draft Link: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/35663-bayraider-first-and-final-2021-mock-draft-three-rounds/

- 30 1st Round Graded Players

- 32 2nd Round Graded Players

Generational Prospect:

1. QB Trevor Lawrence

Blue Chip Prospect:

2. OT Penei Sewell

Outstanding Prospects:

3. QB Zach Wilson

4. WR Ja'Marr Chase

5. TE Kyle Pitts

6. LB Micah Parsons

Upper Tier Prospects:

7. QB Trey Lance

8. QB Justin Fields

9. CB Caleb Farley

10. WR Devonta Smith

11. IOL Alijah Vera-Tucker

1st Round Grade:

12. OT Christian Darrisaw

13. CB Patrick Surtain II

14. OT/C Rashawn Slater

15. WR Dyami Brown

16. S Trevon Moehrig

17. RB Najee Harris

18. EDGE Jayson Oweh

19. WR Rashod Bateman

20. EDGE Kwity Paye

21. WR Jaylen Waddle

22. EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari

23. EDGE Gregory Rousseau

24. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

25. RB Travis Etienne

26. WR Kadarius Toney

27. OT Samuel Cosmi

28. CB Jaycee Horn

29. OT/G Liam Eichenberg

30. LB Nick Bolton

2nd Round Grade:

31. WR Elijah Moore

32. LB Baron Browning

33. IDL Christian Barmore

34. RB Javonte Williams

35. EDGE Jaelan Philips

36. OT Walker Little

37. OT/G Teven Jenkins

38. IOL Landon Dickerson

39. CB Eric Stokes

40. EDGE Joseph Ossai

41. CB Greg Newsome II

42. WR Terrace Marshall Jr.

43. EDGE Carlos Basham Jr. 

44. EDGE Payton Turner

45. IOL Creed Humphrey

46. LB Jamin Davis

47. WR Rondale Moore

48. EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo

49. CB Tyson Campbell

50. LB Zaven Collins

51. TE Pat Freiermuth

52. IOL Wyatt Davis

53. S/CB Jevon Holland

54. S Richie Grant

55. OT James Hudson

56. NCB Asante Samuel Jr. 

57. OT Alex Leatherwood

58. IDL Daviyon Nixon

59. QB Kyle Trask

60. LB Jabril Cox

61. CB Trill Williams

62. OT Stone Forsythe

By Position:

WR's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-34-20-PM.png

OT's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-34-43-PM.png

EDGE's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-34-56-PM.png

CB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-12-PM.png

QB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-18-PM.png

TE's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-23-PM.png

IDL:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-29-PM.png

IOL:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-37-PM.png

Safety's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-46-PM.png

RB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-35-54-PM.png

LB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-9-36-07-PM.png

Notes:

- QB's: Very rare that I really like the Top 4 QB's of any class, but I'm a big fan of all four guys. I do agree Lance is Boom or Bust, but as long as he gets the coaching he needs, he should be fine. I think Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance all have Top 5 QB Potential which is absolutely nuts. Keyword, "potential", wouldn't expect all three of them to hit that mark. As for Fields, I think he has Top 10 QB Potential, but he has a safer floor than Lance. As for Mac Jones... as you can see, not even on my rankings. I'm sure if he goes to the 49ers, Shanny will make him look like Kirk Cousins-Esque but he's no where close to being a 1st Round QB Prospect imo. Any other team but the 49ers, he's a Low-Level starter in the 20-32 range. 

- LB's: Love Parsons. I like Owusu-Koramoah but concerned about his weight, and think that type of LB usually doesn't provide great value in the 1st. However, I still like him, and despite previous comment, I do think JOK is a more rare breed and that he does belong in the 1st. I'm lower on Collins than most, but still would love to have him as a starting LB. He just seems boom or bust to me, went to a small school, and faced bad competition. Just seems like one of those small school freak athletes who usually have super high bust rates. As for Nick Bolton, he may not be as athletic as these freaks in the draft like Parsons, JOK, Davis, and Collins but he just has "it". He's absolutely ruthless, never makes mistakes, diagnoses perfectly, complete dog, great run defender, great gap shooter, and good enough speed. 

- EDGE's: I have Oweh, Paye, and Ojulari all pretty close. Oweh gets hated on for no sacks but the guy is the freak of the draft, and I really love what I see on tape. Paye is another guy I really like as well that could develop into something nasty. This EDGE class is all about potential, that's what you should be looking at. I have Philips in the 2nd because he's the scariest prospect in the entire draft. His concussions and forced earlier retirement scare me way more than Farley's stuff. Major, major risk factor. Although if the risk pays off, Philips is an absolutely tremendous pass rusher. As for his teammate Gregory Rousseau, I like him a lot as a 3-4 EDGE. Although he can probably play 4-3 End in the NFL but it'll take him some time. 

- WR's: Another loaded, and I mean loaded WR class. About the only thing I agree with Chris Simms on is that Dyami Brown is our WR3. He's gonna be a baller IMO. One word describes Dyami Brown: DOMINANT. Not as big on Waddle as others are... but I still really like him. Just don't understand the Top 10 hype... Devonta Smith is definitely the better prospect and the weight doesn't concern me like it does on a Linebacker. 

- OT's: Love Sewell as a Franchise LT. Love Darrisaw as a Franchise RT. Slater can be a Top Tier Center or an Above-Average OT at either spot. Same with Eichenberg, Top Tier G or Mid-Tier RT. Jenkins I'm obviously not as high on as some fans, I think he's a guard at the next level. Cosmi will be a solid RT and a day one starter. I like Walker Little a lot as well, although the injury history is definitely something to consider. 

- Safety's: Many don't think there's much of a gap from Moehrig and Grant/Holland. I do think there's quite a noticeable gap. When I watch Moehrig I see the playmaking cover FS that I've always wanted. And he's not afraid to get involved in the physical side of things as well. He's also much better at pure coverage than Andre Cisco, and much more consistent/refined skills. As for Holland, not even sure he'll be a full time safety, I see a lot of Nickelback during his career, and bit of a do-it-all kind of guy. 

- CB's: Love Farley. Have said he's a Top 10 player in this draft since December. However, his injury is definitely worrisome. I think Surtain is also a solid prospect, but definitely behind Farley. Long speed is important in the NFL and Farley is likely a low 4.4 guy while Surtain is likely a mid 4.5 guy (don't care about Pro Day 40's). Horn on the other hand, is 100% boom or bust and he scares me. He has a lot of similarities to Jeff Gladney last year in which he likes to get grabby... not gonna work in the NFL unless he gets a lot of good coaching. I like Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, and Greg Newsome II in the 2nd Round quite a bit. I know many on here like Newsome as a 1st Rounder but I just don't see it. Although, if it's the final few picks of the 1st like Green Bay, it's not a bad pick by any means. 

IDL: Probably one of the worst IDL classes I have ever seen. I'd say there's a 30-35% chance Barmore goes in the 1st, even though he shouldn't. I have Barmore with an Early 2nd Grade, Nixon with a Late 2nd Grade, and Levi with an Early 3rd Grade. Nixon will be a solid player if he goes to the right scheme, he'd be great in Tampa Bay. 

Hell we deserve punishment if we take Jones.. we have the pick of the litter outside the Big 2 and we choose the guy that screams the bust the most.. we will be the browns of the west..

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Posted this in the Raider Section:

When has Michael Silver been right about literally anything in his life? Dude has an "obsession" with always being right and tries to be a "prediction artist" (sports, politics, etc) and is literally never right. 

I would still say your +500 on Trey Lance is likely to hit. I mean, sure, could be Mac Jones, could be any of the three to be honest. Although I'd still say 50% Lance, 30% Fields, 20% Jones.

(Talking about a Raider Poster about the bet, obviously)

He had an in with Jeff Fisher and was right on a lot of things for better or worse in his tenure with the Rams. 

18 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Eagles are on their way back to the top baby.

What if a GM really wasn’t on good terms with the owner, sent in the card as a punter (and a bad punter), and then retired from football completely. Would be the most hilarious 30 for 30 of all time. 

• Like 3