Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Would be a really good spot for Bateman, but I definitely get the appeal of edge there. Perfect spot and it's not an ideal class. You could actually miss on the corners there (especially if Farley is dnd) so edge could make more sense than corner too

I love Bateman too and wouldn’t be upset. I’m probably the only one thinking this, but there’s a better chance Clowney is on our roster next year vs OBJ + Jarvis. Both those 2 could be gone due to $$$$.

I’ve read and heard we want to use Clowney to rush inside. Azeez could be used like Bruce Irvin. Technically a LB, but he’s a pass rusher. Depending on the situation, late in a game we could run:

Takk

Myles

Clowney

Azeez

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The guy gil brandt comped to Josh allen, or the guy gil brandt comped to Andy dalton....

People should just not watch or read any media during draft season. It was always Lance and he’s the reason they traded up, unless Wilson fell. The things Shanahan can do with Lance are just filthy.  Fields I’ve always seen as a more mobile version of Matt Stafford (which isn’t a bad thing by any means.... but not the most ideal QB for Shanahan). 

35 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

People cant seem to grasp that. I've always said it was Lance, never felt like it was anyone else. 

Yeah at the time of the trade I couldn’t comprehend that it could be anyone but Lance. Although the past week I was thinking like 75% Lance 25% Fields due to pure overthinking and media. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah at the time of the trade I couldn’t comprehend that it could be anyone but Lance. Although the past week I was thinking like 75% Lance 25% Fields due to pure overthinking and media. 

A lot of people pushing Fields because they like him, some fans, some media but I never saw it, especially with Shanahan.

When the trade was made, i had it 50% Lance, 40% Fields, 10% Jones

Then all the reports came out about how we loved Jones and its gotten me worried. 

Lance does make the most sense. He compares the most to Josh Allen, a QB that Shanny loves. Shanny also brought up the Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes model all the way back in December. So it would make sense to have Lance sit behind Jimmy

I really do hope its Lance. But i won't feel comfortable if and until Goodell reads Lance's name on draft night

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Weird. I usually hate possession type WR’s but I love Bateman. He’s much quicker than the average possession guy, and a solid route runner. Basically complete package. And super good at YAC for his frame. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1