Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

According to Chris Simms (take that FWIW), Adam Peters is in love with Lance and is driving that bus to be the pick. It seems, based on reports, that's where we are. Kyle wants Mac, the scouting department (run by Peters) wants Lance. 

Does that end well? 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Does that end well? 

Depends on the truth. They have been at odds before (well, Shanny / Lynch have) with the Joe Williams pick. Peters it really well regarded for his talent evaluation. I'm pretty sure he was well regarded with the Broncos before us. He's seen as that "future GM" type. McShay says that Shanny is willing to acquiesce to the scouting department if you believe any of these reports, but that doesn't strike me as Shanny like LOL 

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Am I way off base in thinking that all of these breaking stories coming out days before the draft just means that they’re going to take Fields?

A lot of people have felt that way. I would put more stock in it if we weren't hearing stories of the Pats going to get Fields to go along with it. I think that the Pats are very clued in to what the 49ers are doing and I can't speak to how locked down the Pats are with regards to leaks. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

A lot of people have felt that way. I would put more stock in it if we weren't hearing stories of the Pats going to get Fields to go along with it. I think that the Pats are very clued in to what the 49ers are doing and I can't speak to how locked down the Pats are with regards to leaks. 

I can’t recall anything substantial about NE’s leaks coming to fruition. Granted, it’s a bit harder for teams picking in the 20s to have a top name or two in mind. But they’re pretty tight lipped about things for the most part. 

Think I’m just a skeptic for anything this close to the draft, regardless of the team or which insider it’s coming from.

9 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Take Jaelen Phillips and Caleb Farley out of the first round of your mocks folks. 

Just the older stuff with Phillips, or is there new info? I had been wondering if Farley ended up in the first for a while now. Legit concern on that back. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I can’t recall anything substantial about NE’s leaks coming to fruition. Granted, it’s a bit harder for teams picking in the 20s to have a top name or two in mind. But they’re pretty tight lipped about things for the most part. 

Think I’m just a skeptic for anything this close to the draft, regardless of the team or which insider it’s coming from.

I think at a certain point, you just have to believe the reports. I mean, I criticized the earlier reports (I believe fairly), but there really isn't anything to criticize at this point. Multiple reports are coming out and aligning with one another, and in the case of Silver documenting actual specifics that the niners like on Mac (or Kyle Shanahan, more appropriately) they definitely seem more authentic. 

I always kept the possibility on Mac open because I've seen this from Kyle since he got here. So it doesn't shock me, but does surprise me. 

21 hours ago, Forge said:

I didn't hear this myself, so if anyone could corroborate, but apparently Fowler went on Sportscenter and said that the Panthers love Justin Fields and will take him at 8 if there (backing up the earlier report that Jourdan Rodrigue made). 

I think the Fields > Carolina talk is just to drive the trade bus. Fitterer wants to move back. He's made that painfully clear. I give Carolina taking Fields a 1% chance tbh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It would be kind of hilarious if the 49ers traded three firsts for a QB who is in worse physical shape than all four of the NFCW HCs.

I'm pretty sure that they did. If Kyle is really in on Mac, there's no way that this pick is anyone else. 

That's also a damn good joke. I'm stealing it for twitter. 

• Like 1