Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I love it. Now if someone wants 11 to take Slater, if he's available, ahead of the Chargers, you know the price you have to beat. 

Gettleman may trade down???

I mean if they aren't trying to take one of those top receivers/an OL it makes sense. You trade down a couple spots with 1 of those spots taking a guy you don't want. Grab another legit pick.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Bingo.  There are very very few actual "risers and fallers", it's the media finally catching a whiff of what teams really think.

I mean, there are sometimes those fake reports from teams to try and get a guy to fall. But those are very few and far between imo.

42 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think the teams do have a trade in place if Slater is there at 11. 

Giants trade down, because ultimately they want an edge guy and you feel better taking Ojulari when you also get a third. 

Even if it’s for any edge. I see the Vikings as the first realistic team to go edge other than the Giants. So still staying in front of Minnesota at 13 can likely guarantee their top edge pick.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

He had the 6th most accurate mock last year didn’t he?

I'm sure by someone's scale he probably did. Huddle report didn't have him ranked, fantasy bros had him 64th out of 83. 

That being said, I was mainly referring to his tendency to break news about the 49ers but then not do the pick that he had the news on. The last two times he did that, he picked the other guy (he did get bosa though). It's just funny 

That being said, sounds like shanny is the one driving the bus for Mac and if that is the case, the pick is Mac

• Like 1

ESPN's Todd McShay provided the latest buzz surrounding the 49ers' decision:

"I'm told that many in the 49ers' personnel department have pushed for North Dakota State QB Trey Lance but that coach Kyle Shanahan wants to draft Alabama's Mac Jones. One person I spoke to even heard that Shanahan might "acquiesce" to the scouting department on the selection, but others have said that seems unlikely. At this time of year, there is a lot of seed planting with the rumor mill, and it could certainly be the case here."

When he gets fired, if your team just doesn't give him personnel control, you really will have a hell of a coach. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I still think that's likely, Lions being the most likely spot if he's there at 7. People relying on how the Pats operated during the Brady-era are forgetting what just happened in free agency, this a new norms age. 

Weren’t their solid rumours a few years ago surrounding the Pats trading into the top 5 for Kyler if he was available? 

Fields fits that profile, and he’ll be a lot cheaper to come by this time around.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Weren’t their solid rumours a few years ago surrounding the Pats trading into the top 5 for Kyler if he was available? 

Fields fits that profile, and he’ll be a lot cheaper to come by this time around.

Man and that we wanted to trade up for Baker. I guess it's possible those were true, while the Pats not be willing to pay the sort of price they'd now be willing to. If Fields or Lance fall in that range (and usually one of the other does in mocks) then I'd like to know the Pats did everything they could get up there.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

When he gets fired, if your team just doesn't give him personnel control, you really will have a hell of a coach. 

I’m just reading the tea leaves here, but I have a hard time believing this move was for Mac. Especially when you consider the Niners draft/FA presser a few weeks ago. It sounds like they’re content taking a high-risk player like Lance/Fields and letting him sit for the year. Mac doesn’t really fit that mold, nor does he fit the price tag it took to trade up. 

My money is on Lance.

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man and that we wanted to trade up for Baker. I guess it's possible those were true, while the Pats not be willing to pay the sort of price they'd now be willing to. If Fields or Lance fall in that range (and usually one of the other does in mocks) then I'd like to know the Pats did everything they could get up there.

Baker! That was the one. There were Kyler rumours too, but I believe it was Baker’s agent that leaked the Patriots were the mystery team that year.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m just reading the tea leaves here, but I have a hard time believing this move was for Mac. Especially when you consider the Niners draft/FA presser a few weeks ago. It sounds like they’re content taking a high-risk player like Lance/Fields and letting him sit for the year. Mac doesn’t really fit that mold, nor does he fit the price tag it took to trade up. 

My money is on Lance.

I'd still argue that you can't give him personnel control LOL. 

But I was mainly commenting on the report by McShay. According to Kawakami, it's going to depend on what we do with Jimmy. 

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

According to Chris Simms (take that FWIW), Adam Peters is in love with Lance and is driving that bus to be the pick. It seems, based on reports, that's where we are. Kyle wants Mac, the scouting department (run by Peters) wants Lance. 

I could see Pitts-Chase-Smith-Fields going 4-7 in either scenario (With the Patriots trading up for Fields) but the interesting point comes at 8. If the 49ers take Jones, I could see the Panthers getting a big ransom from Chicago or the WFT to come up and get Lance before the Broncos pick. If SF takes Lance, I don't see those teams coming up for Mac Jones, so we might not see two big trade ups in the top 10.