Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Techbert said:

Not sure they play the same position.

Neither is going to play the 0-Tech, but that's about as limited as I'd classify either being.  Jones isn't just some strict-1T guy and anyone who tries to pigeonhole him as that is underselling him.  He's capable of playing the 3T, especially in the many of the more modern incarnations of the even-front where some bigger edges are being kicked inside in 4-Aces/NASCAR packages; the point to it is, Jones has the pass-rushing prowess and the athletic ability that he doesn't need to be pulled off the field in those package.  He can be, but he doesn't have to be.  Similarly, he can play either tackle spot in an even front, but if you have or can acquire an uber-athlete that is pure-3T-only type, he's able to accommodate that.  Wyatt is someone I'd consider to be closer to a "both" than a "tweener" as to questioning whether he's "a 1T or a 3T."

Both guys have considerably similar Relative Athletic Scores for their positions (9.65 for Jones, 9.56 for Wyatt).

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's something amusing about Baalke taking Jim Harbaugh's Aiden Hutchinson #1 overall if he does it. 

Didn’t even think about that until I saw that mentioned today. Wonder if they’ve talked or he’s used his scouts to have all those conversations.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:25 AM, haveyoumetdustin said:

The precedent is kind of there with the Jeffery Simmons situation. He was probably a top 10 pick, and was drafted #19 still. I think this kind of stuff might have a couple teams pass on him, but if he's a top 20 talent on boards I expect him to go in the 25-40 range still. 

Simmons was significantly better then Wyatt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Falcons fans will flip, but I'm on board. WR is deep but Williams is a stud. Perfect guy to pair with Pitts. 

It'll be interesting to see how Atlanta operates.  They've got an extra SRP as part of the Julio Jones trades, and an extra 3rd round pick as part of the Matt Ryan trade beyond their own picks.  Do they start their draft with Jameson Williams and then try and put a bunch of future pieces or do they grab their QB at 8?

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It'll be interesting to see how Atlanta operates.  They've got an extra SRP as part of the Julio Jones trades, and an extra 3rd round pick as part of the Matt Ryan trade beyond their own picks.  Do they start their draft with Jameson Williams and then try and put a bunch of future pieces or do they grab their QB at 8?

Really hope they build it up around the QB position and wait to look at QB next year. I personally would love the Jameo/Wilson pick if that’s the route they go.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Are there any QBs you would be surprised if they were the first taken out of the consensus top 5 (Willis, Pickett, Ridder, Corral, Howell)?

Those guys could go in any order and I wouldn't be surprised.

Howell for sure.

Also think Pickett would be dumb, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Howell for sure.

Also think Pickett would be dumb, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

The case I could see happening where Howell goes first is if New Orleans likes him and the Panthers, Falcons don't go QB and the Steelers stay at 20.

I think, across all 32 teams' draft boards, each of those 5 QBs appears at the top on at least one.