Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It'd only be more because you'd be moving up more spots- 7 vs 11. 

20, 52, and a 2023 2nd would be the price to move up from 20 to 7 based on the trade value chart; they are pretty much identical in terms of value. There is always a premium on moving up for a QB, and the Giants GM has made it clear he is looking for 2023 1sts in compensation if the Giants were to move down to potentially secure a QB next year. It makes a lot of sense that, if the Steelers were to move up from 20 to 7 this year for a QB specifically, it would involve their 2023 1st.

That still doesn't change the fact that Fields is probably a consensus better prospect then QB1 in this year's draft.  LIS, if Justin Fields were in this year's draft, he'd be the consensus QB1.  We assume Pittsburgh would move up for a QB.  But could they move up for an EDGE?  There was enough pressure that the Vikings would take Fields at 14 (which I believe was confirmed after the draft) or Patriots at 15 that created the pressure for Chicago to give up their '22 FRP (along with preference to not give up their SRP in '21).  What creates that pressure?

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Haven’t they said that Dan Campbell really doesn’t mesh well with KT? Sounds like they’ll take Walker unless Hutchinson is available at 2 

I'm not sure I buy that for a second.  Thibs has been linked to Detroit since midseason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Brugler is one of the few that is right more than wrong based on my yearly tracking.  I mean, he did throw in the "FWIW" to cover his behind lol, but a rumor he personally posts is one that I'll at least give thought to.  I'm still mocking Thibs to the Jets at 4 and Johnson to the Giants at 7, and if I get it wrong, I get it wrong.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty much every single insider (King, Schrager, Schefter, Jeremiah, Brugler, etc.) seem to think Hutch isn’t in the cards. If he ends up being the pick after everything that’s come out the past few days I’m never believing anything in April ever again.

Lions fans everywhere are praying that the "insiders" are correct.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I noticed it today. Kyle Hamilton +1600 to be the first safety off the board? Behind FOUR guys!? What the hell does Vegas know that we don't? I get he didn't test well but good lord.

2022 NFL DRAFT - FIRST SAFETY PICK ODDS

• Dax Hill -175
  • Lewis Cine +275
  • Jaquan Brisker +500
  • Jalen Pitre +650
  • Kyle Hamilton +1600

11 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I noticed it today. Kyle Hamilton +1600 to be the first safety off the board? Behind FOUR guys!? What the hell does Vegas know that we don't? I get he didn't test well but good lord.

• Dax Hill -175
  • Lewis Cine +275
  • Jaquan Brisker +500
  • Jalen Pitre +650
  • Kyle Hamilton +1600

And where did you see this bet?  I'd like to make a LOT of money betting this.  Bovada certainly is not reflective of this.  He's +/= 10.5th pick.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty much every single insider (King, Schrager, Schefter, Jeremiah, Brugler, etc.) seem to think Hutch isn’t in the cards. If he ends up being the pick after everything that’s come out the past few days I’m never believing anything in April ever again.

I mean, remember this, of all weeks, is known as Liar's Week for a reason.  Not that I consider him an insider by any means, but Matt Miller has a long and glorious history of taking L after L on draft week for longer than I can remember.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cypher said:

• Dax Hill -175
  • Lewis Cine +275
  • Jaquan Brisker +500
  • Jalen Pitre +650
  • Kyle Hamilton +1600

Yeah, as others have already pointed out, I believe you've misread the bet.  It's for the 2nd safety off the board, hence why Hamilton has such long odds.. because he's far and away considered the lock to be the first.  And they're trying to see if they can tease people into betting Hill, probably figuring that there may be an out wherein the house is able to collect regardless if and when Dax is announced by Roger as a "defensive back" or a "cornerback" even though he may spend the bulk of his time with his new team at safety; not announced as a safety and it wouldn't surprise if an odds-maker tries to split hairs in saying, "well, he wasn't drafted as a safety thereby not satisfying the terms of the bet."