New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Also, no guaranteed money is a big plus, as it makes it easier to move money around and restructure if needed in the future, another valuable thing about Carrs contract. 

I almost feel like Mayock is saying, "Do people not see we have a QB playing well at a very team friendly rate"
and you are responding with "omg he brought up his contract... he is trying to drive up his value"

We’ll see. Why would Fitzgerald Sr, who is one of the most honest and accurate guys in the profession, a few hour drive from Raider HQ in Las Vegas, and directly connected to Gruden through charity events over the years, make such a bold and direct claim that the Raiders are going to offer Brady 2 years 60M fully guaranteed? 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We’ll see. Why would Fitzgerald Sr, who is one of the most honest and accurate guys in the profession, a few hour drive from Raider HQ in Las Vegas, and directly connected to Gruden through charity events over the years, make such a bold and direct claim that the Raiders are going to offer Brady 2 years 60M fully guaranteed? 

I mean, everything Mayock said could be the truth, and they feel like Brady at 30 a year is better than Carr at 20. Id disagree personally, but would be willing to trust Mayock.

Maybe the Raiders are trying to drive Bradys contract value up in NE? 
Maybe the Raiders are trying to drive Bradys contract up in FA?

When a QB makes more money, the team has less money to spend on other positions. 

So if say the Raiders think Brady is going to the Chargers, or even Tenn, and think we will be competeing with them for a wildcard spot the next two years, because they think, Brady has 2 more good years left that may be better than Carrs next 2, but Carr is better long term... so lets try to make them spend as much as possible to aquire that talent.

That is what I would do, if I was in the business, at least. 

again, lots of smoke and mirrors this time of year regardless. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It wouldn’t be a lie though, they obviously think Brady would be an upgrade. I disagree. 

Also why would the most accurate guys in the profession not have a blue check mark next to his name?

22 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I mean, everything Mayock said could be the truth, and they feel like Brady at 30 a year is better than Carr at 20. Id disagree personally, but would be willing to trust Mayock.

When a QB makes more money, the team has less money to spend on other positions. 

So if say the Raiders think Brady is going to the Chargers, or even Tenn, and think we will be competeing with them for a wildcard spot the next two years, because they think, Brady has 2 more good years left that may be better than Carrs next 2, but Carr is better long term... so lets try to make them spend as much as possible to aquire that talent.

I think you’re over thinking it. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Brady at 55 is still better than Carr right now Carr is too scared to make plays. Mayock is just being professional and if and when the phone rings he can trade the Fresno fraud. They are going into a new city and stadium you know Gruden 

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

Brady at 55 is still better than Carr right now Carr is too scared to make plays. Mayock is just being professional and if and when the phone rings he can trade the Fresno fraud. They are going into a new city and stadium you know Gruden 

Yes and I believe that Gruden wants to be the headliner of said stadium. If they sign Brady then he’d be the big story not Gruden. He’s the GOAT of course he’d overshadow a coach who lucked his way into a championship. 

i won’t say never because things could happen and i could completely see them going for Brady because they think he’s good, i just hope it doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Yes and I believe that Gruden wants to be the headliner of said stadium. If they sign Brady then he’d be the big story not Gruden. He’s the GOAT of course he’d overshadow a coach who lucked his way into a championship. 

i won’t say never because things could happen and i could completely see them going for Brady because they think he’s good, i just hope it doesn’t happen. 

I know you are a Brady hater, for who knows why, get over the Tuck Rule already, but... did you just say he lucked his way into a championship...? I’m literally asking cause your post was hard to read. Brady is fantastic, and even right now is better than Carr. He was a Top 3 MVP candidate last year until Week 8 when teams started playing exclusively man coverage on his atrocious WR/TE cast.