The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao, wrong? Just watch when Conor mops Porier. Already mopped him once, will do it again. Porier's only chance is to take him down and hope Conor has been lazy and not training takedown defense. Conor will mop Dustin on the feet. Dustin's only other avenue of winning would be Conor gassing in the 4th/5th Rounds and TKOing him, but that depends if this is a Main Event fight or not.

again, just so ignorant. highlighted by your last question if this will be a main event.. like huh? seriously? 

Maybe Conor wins, but poirier certainly wont be outclassed. and youre using a fight 6 years ago in a different weight class as any kind of meaning is hilarious. Its pretty easy to see a path to victory for poirier, and it has little to do with takedowns. I question if youve even see Dustin fight in the last 3 years.

Edited by GSUeagles14

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again, just so ignorant. highlighted by your last question if this will be a main event.. like huh? seriously? 

Maybe Conor wins, but poirier certainly wont be outclassed. and youre using a fight 6 years ago in a different weight class as any kind of meaning is hilarious. Its pretty easy to see a path to victory for poirier, and it has little to do with takedowns. I question if youve even see Dustin fight in the last 3 years 10%.

Conor will win and yes Porier will be outclassed. You’re obviously a fan of the guy since he’s from the South. 

Andrade-Chookoogogan finish was kinda weird. Interested to know what exactly happened there. Katlyn reacted like something broke, but the strike wasn't in any area that would break anything. Well below the ribs. Didn't look like it was on the liver either. I never seen anyone react that way after being punched in the middle of the abs like that.

Did she punch her in the ovaries? lol

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Conor is an extremely good defensive fighter, and is primarily a counter fighter. If Conor had been training and staying in shape, with a regular fight schedule, I'd say Dustin literally has no chance. But his only hope is Conor is not in shape, rusty, and not taking this seriously. As pure Mixed Martial Artists, Conor blows Dustin out of the water.

This can't be a serious take. If the fight goes to the ground, Dustin would destroy Conor, so how is he the better pure Mixed Martial Artist? 

Better boxer? Maybe. They both have crazy power and Conor is much better defensively, but better at MMA as a whole? C'mon man...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonStark said:

This can't be a serious take. If the fight goes to the ground, Dustin would destroy Conor, so how is he the better pure Mixed Martial Artist? 

Better boxer? Maybe. They both have crazy power and Conor is much better defensively, but better at MMA as a whole? C'mon man...

its just silly, Like we've seen Dustin in some wars recently. Conor has special power but if he cant finish him, i think the most  likely outcome is Dustin just puts a pace on him that he cant keep up with, and that could play out totally on the feet. People sleep on conors td defense, its pretty good.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Not disagreeing per say but his takedown defense before the Khabib fight was definitely above average. Dustin's best chance is to take him down but he seems to only use his BJJ defensively. If Dustin doesn't take him down, picking him other than hoping for a good return on a bet or gamble is ill advised. He could have destroyed Holloway on the ground but never tried. 

There are a lot of fighters that could be extremely dangerous on the ground but it's not as big of a part of their game as maybe it should be. People like Cerrone, Diaz, Poirier, Ortega before last night would've wrecked Holloway on the ground, I can go on. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

I kind of compare Conor/Poirier to Gaethje/Ferguson. Poirier gets hit alot just like Tony but they usually survive and keep coming but Conor/Gaethje offer those bombs that dont allow for recovery or just jack you up ALOT. I expect Conor to finish Dustin too but ive been wrong 10x more than right so maybe Dustin by flying knee in 10 seconds?

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I kind of compare Conor/Poirier to Gaethje/Ferguson. Poirier gets hit alot just like Tony but they usually survive and keep coming but Conor/Gaethje offer those bombs that dont allow for recovery or just jack you up ALOT. I expect Conor to finish Dustin too but ive been wrong 10x more than right so maybe Dustin by flying knee in 10 seconds?

dustin took gaethjes shots. and he finished him....

People just really dont know how good Poiriers boxing is, i dont get it cause its been on display for years now. Conor should be a slight favorite, maybe -160 but this is far from an easy fight. he has special power, but dustin has held up to everything the last few years. My guess is conor catched him early or dustin just drowns him late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Better pure MMA fighter as in Conor beats him. The better MMA guy wins an MMA match. I’m in no way doubting Dustin is better on the ground. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Better pure MMA fighter as in Conor beats him. The better MMA guy wins an MMA match. I’m in no way doubting Dustin is better on the ground. 

You said he's a better pure mixed martial artist. That's wrong.

On the feet: Conor > Dustin
On the mat: Dustin >>> Conor

Before someone takes that out of context, that's not saying Conor is horrible on the ground. He's probably average, but Dustin is very, very good. 

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You said he's a better pure mixed martial artist. That's wrong.

On the feet: Conor > Dustin
On the mat: Dustin >>> Conor

Before someone takes that out of context, that's not saying Conor is horrible on the ground. He's probably average, but Dustin is very, very good. 

The better Mixed Martial Artist will always win, and Conor lookin to go 2-0 on Dustin. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)