The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

With O'Malley being a home town kid you wont find too many tgat are bigger fans than me, but lets be honest on his next fight for a sec. He was an unranked fighter against an unranked opponent last night. He should crack the top 15 for sure after his performance.  I know his coach was talking about facing cody on Twitter after last night but why rush this? How about a fight like rivera next to see hiw he handles a top 9-12 guy before he jumps into the top 5 savages. I agree he is a special talent, I just dont see the need to rush the process. 

23 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

With O'Malley being a home town kid you wont find too many tgat are bigger fans than me, but lets be honest on his next fight for a sec. He was an unranked fighter against an unranked opponent last night. He should crack the top 15 for sure after his performance.  I know his coach was talking about facing cody on Twitter after last night but why rush this? How about a fight like rivera next to see hiw he handles a top 9-12 guy before he jumps into the top 5 savages. I agree he is a special talent, I just dont see the need to rush the process. 

Agreed. Like he’s young and obviously talented but lets calm down. Like Bryce Mitchell put on a helluva performance but lets just relax 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting that Cody said the guy that presents the biggest challenge to himself is himself...I mean thats an honest assessment

If he wasn’t one of the lowest IQ fighters he could very well still be champ

• Like 1

Awesome night of fights. I think the smaller octagon was a big difference in the amount of finishes.

- Hooper is going to be great one day, but he needs to work on his standup. He has the chin though.

- Sugar's walkoff was beautiful.

- Aljo has to get the next shot. There's no way to deny him right now.

- Cody put 3+ years of frustration into that kill shot. Man was that beautiful.

- Spencer is insanely tough, but Nunes is just on another level. Would love to see Kayla Harrison move to the UFC but I doubt that happens. 

Also, go away Conor. Dude doesn't want to fight anyone worthwhile and cries retirement when he doesn't get his way. 

On 6/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, beekay414 said:

Ariel hinted at Irene Aldana getting the next shot at 135 but I really want to see Nunes-Bullet 3. Truly feel like Shevchenko won the last fight and neither girl has a legit #1 contender for any of their divisions so why not do it a 3rd time?

They are feeding Aldana to Holm btw.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, renndawg37 said:

He didn't specify, just said in the post fight presser that he didn't have a name in mind but wanted somebody coming off of a win. It's all opinion, so take it for whatever it's worth, but I think O'Malley would beat Sandhagen with ease. Kid is special. 

youre severely underestimating sandhagen.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)