2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

2 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I'm getting nervous : ( season ticket holders are getting calls about refunds. And my friend said they even said to him the season probably won't happen. 

I am already mentally preparing myself for a delayed or cancelled season.

46 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

That’s what I was wondering. Whatever route they choose would leave plenty of fans upset.

I would handle it like a fantasy draft and snake it. 
You the last pick of the 1st round and then be the 1st pick of the 2nd round. etc. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I would handle it like a fantasy draft and snake it. 
You the last pick of the 1st round and then be the 1st pick of the 2nd round. etc. 

I‘ve been going through different routes they could take

-Draft lottery like the NBA/NHL, with the snake option as like you said

-Ordering by win percentage of the past, say 3 years

-Repeat of the 2020 draft order

-College free agency; no draft instead teams are allowed to sign prospects in a mini version of free agency

If there is no season, it’ll be interesting to see what they do. Like I said, fans will be upset no matter what route they choose.

23 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

How would you handle next year's draft if there isn't a season to sort out the picking order..

The other interesting question is, how many players would even be in the draft? If there’s no NFL season, I’m assuming there’s no CFB season. At which point the NCAA probably gives every player an extra year of eligibility. Which leaves only players who actively declare for the draft in the actual draft.

14 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The other interesting question is, how many players would even be in the draft? If there’s no NFL season, I’m assuming there’s no CFB season. At which point the NCAA probably gives every player an extra year of eligibility. Which leaves only players who actively declare for the draft in the actual draft.

I think it's much more likely that there's no college season than NFL season.

What's probable is a universal redshirt, very few players coming out, and a lot of leniency for teams.  The thing I'm wondering is, if it's only a handful of top prospects, however they handle draft order will be incredibly controversial.

I mean, how pissed would you feel if pick 1 and 2 were Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, then pick 9 was a scrub receiver from MTSU?

Anybody watch PKs periscope last night with JRob? Was asked about Gostkowski and certainly didn’t put it off. If Joseph looks bad in TC and preseason, I’d expect them to take a look. Also talked about the Clowney hypothetical and how he fits with the rest of the defense. They’ve definitely been recruiting him. I think it all depends on him coming down on his price.

I still think we’re the favorites for Clowney. Given his history with Vrabel and no real in-person training until camp, there really isn’t much of a rush for the next few weeks. With the Henry deadline next week, I’d guess things would pick up after that once our 2020 cap room is pretty much set based on whether DH plays on the tag or gets a new deal.

Well I’m ready for Titans news

I mentioned Goskowski as a possibility when he got released

He really hasn’t been the same since the missed extra point in Denver a few years ago

The guy still does have a strong leg but is coming off a bad year where he tried to play through injuries

I say bring him in and let Joseph,Goskowski, and McCann battle it out

The only thing about the battle is there won’t be fans in the stands and there might not even be preseason games to have a battle in

We have potential next week for Clowney Henry and Goskowski news hopefully it happens to give us something to talk about before camp opens in a few weeks 

• Like 1