2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

13 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

If we get Clowney I also wouldn’t mind Marcell Dareus if he comes cheap 1 yr prove it deal or Taco Charleston we need depth bad 

no deal on both of those guys especially charlton.. that dude SUCKS! id rather see what we have in deandre walker than take a flier on that bum.. dude was a 1st round pick three years ago and already has been cut by the cowboys and the dolphins.. no bueno

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

no deal on both of those guys especially charlton.. that dude SUCKS! id rather see what we have in deandre walker than take a flier on that bum.. dude was a 1st round pick three years ago and already has been cut by the cowboys and the dolphins.. no bueno

How you say he sucks & he had 5 sacks last yr & played like 8 games 🤔 how many sacks walker had last yr.... I agree he’s a bust as a 1st round talent but at this point I’m looking at depth signing. We need depth. & he’s always had 5 sacks beside his rookie yr I believe. As for Derus again Depth who do we have on the DL after Simmons & potentially Clowney, who’s a injury risk 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

How you say he sucks & he had 5 sacks last yr & played like 8 games 🤔 how many sacks walker had last yr.... I agree he’s a bust as a 1st round talent but at this point I’m looking at depth signing. We need depth. & he’s always had 5 sacks beside his rookie yr I believe. As for Derus again Depth who do we have on the DL after Simmons & potentially Clowney, who’s a injury risk 

What are you even talking about?  Let's assume we keep 5 Edge guys.  It'd be: Clowney, Beasley, Landry, Correa, and then only one player amongst Reggie Gilbert, Derrick Roberson, and DAndre Walker.  That's an absolutely fantastic unit, and it means we probably have to get rid of either a fifth round draft pick from last year or a guy who got three sacks in extremely limited time his rookie year.  Our fourth pass rusher had seven sacks last season.

Edited by Daniel

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What are you even talking about?  Let's assume we keep 5 Edge guys.  It'd be: Clowney, Beasley, Landry, Correa, and then only one player amongst Reggie Gilbert, Derrick Roberson, and DAndre Walker.  That's an absolutely fantastic unit, and it means we probably have to get rid of either a fifth round draft pick from last year or a guy who got three sacks in extremely limited time his rookie year.  Our fourth pass rusher had seven sacks last season.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tacocharlton/2557882/careerstats

5 sacks in 10 games last year & he can play end & kick inside more versatile than Reggie Gilbert & a rookie, coming off a injury, who hasn’t  proven anything, that can only play LB.. versatility & depth 🗣 is what I’m talking bout I believe Vrabel preaches front multiplicity. We have nothing far as inside pass rushers, everyone you just named are Rush LB’s. In today’s game if you can’t collapse the pocket inside you’re screwed. 

Edited by TitanRedd

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tacocharlton/2557882/careerstats

5 sacks in 10 games last year & he can play end & kick inside more versatile than Reggie Gilbert & a rookie, coming off a injury, who hasn’t  proven anything, that can only play LB.. versatility & depth 🗣 is what I’m talking bout I believe Vrabel preaches front multiplicity. We have nothing far as inside pass rushers, everyone you just named are Rush LB’s. In today’s game if you can’t collapse the pocket inside you’re screwed. 

Pockets get collapsed from the inside, not the edge.

We do need depth in the interior, but we don't need better depth at the edge.  Signing Taco would just be squandering resources that could be used for, I don't know, an actual interior player?

Though if we sign Clowney, he'll probably see snaps on the inside too, which will help our depth there.  But all of this is pointless, since there's a good chance that signing Clowney will put an effective end to our free agency.

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

Pockets get collapsed from the inside, not the edge.

We do need depth in the interior, but we don't need better depth at the edge.  Signing Taco would just be squandering resources that could be used for, I don't know, an actual interior player?

Though if we sign Clowney, he'll probably see snaps on the inside too, which will help our depth there.

Taco plays inside he’s not a rush LB he’s a DE, he played DT for Dallas in the 3tech & some end. He can do the same in our defense, play 3 tech not the 5 tech & if we get Clowney we can put Taco Clowney Simmons either Evans or Beasley on the edge. I’m not talking bout him as a starter just him far as depth & scheme versatility my guy. 

Like basically everyone,  I'm in total agreement with picking up Adoree's 5th year and not Corey's

He's going to get paid more money by a more pass-heavy team...and I do think he's a guy that'll thrive elsewhere...but if there's anyone on this team that I would love to realistically take a 'team friendly deal', it might be Corey. Tough, unselfish, good leader and smart. A great complement to a true #1 in AJ Brown and I think he's going to be harder to replace than people realize. Maybe not from a 'numbers' perspective, but in terms of things that don't show up in the stat sheet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Like basically everyone,  I'm in total agreement with picking up Adoree's 5th year and not Corey's

He's going to get paid more money by a more pass-heavy team...and I do think he's a guy that'll thrive elsewhere...but if there's anyone on this team that I would love to realistically take a 'team friendly deal', it might be Corey. Tough, unselfish, good leader and smart. A great complement to a true #1 in AJ Brown and I think he's going to be harder to replace than people realize. Maybe not from a 'numbers' perspective, but in terms of things that don't show up in the stat sheet

It sucks he was picked 5th overall because he's like the perfect #2 WR for this team.

• Like 5