2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

Having said all that, I'd love to get Clowney (I don't think it's impossible). The impact a player of his caliber could have on our D would be amazing. 

But I also don't think going with mid tier guys at edge and slot would be bad (say Fackrell and Darby, for instance). It would leave us with no glaring holes going into the draft... And would allow us to go bpa at a number of positions (edge, cb, RT, etc) early in the draft. It would also allow JRob the flexibility to move up or down if theres a particular player he's targeting in range 

1 hour ago, VY said:

Concern here is JRob goes full Floyd backloading contracts with this new CBA and we pay the piper in 3-4 years with another exodus. 

I honestly dont think that's much of a concern with us. There's a chance some of the higher paid guys will be coming off the books... And the cap keeps rising. It rise about 10M per year this past cba, and there a chance for bigger growth in the future. They've done a good job with contracts... Getting creative with one at this point wouldn't kill that. 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Having said all that, I'd love to get Clowney (I don't think it's impossible). The impact a player of his caliber could have on our D would be amazing. 

But I also don't think going with mid tier guys at edge and slot would be bad (say Fackrell and Darby, for instance). It would leave us with no glaring holes going into the draft... And would allow us to go bpa at a number of positions (edge, cb, RT, etc) early in the draft. It would also allow JRob the flexibility to move up or down if theres a particular player he's targeting in range 

I appreciate your post on clarifying some of what I said.  I thought it started this year and wondered why it wasn’t talked about cba wise. Most of all what I was hearing was coming from Herndon several different times this offseason in podcasts. Really anyone that knows it in detail say you can always get around it if there’s someone you want. Casey was one of the biggest I seen I thought could be reworked. He had 10 or 13 mil cap hit with hardly any dead money a few days ago when I looked . I’ve seen other teams on certain contracts like that turn those type of contracts into guaranteed money and relaying most of that into a signing bonus to save cap room but also I assume it’s why Brady and brees  have all that dead money for the patriots and saints if they don’t get contracts before Wednesday.  I agree with everything you have said on clowney and moving forward. I really wished we would use every penny we could this year and get creative. If the cap goes up 30-40 mil as projected next year that’s the same as using rollover essentially and we’ve continually had 20 the last few years. We need pass rush and I and many other titans fan are gonna be extremely disappointed if we don’t address that in a way that has to surpass the failing wake signing last year. I’ve thought the same about butler and Jones as you stated restructuring etc...  I’d love to have someone different than butler but essentially unless we sign someone for under 7 mil there which is the relief he provides cutting there isn’t any use in creating that hole because at a 10 mil contract or more signing someone better we would have more invested at that spot that we would have in paying him and would just be out money.  Same with Daquan although the reader thing was intriguing when talked about but as for restructuring I know they have to be willing to do that as well: I was meaning more on the side turning  money into a signing bonus some players were owed this year for cap relief in my original post. 

Edited by Adamc89
  • Like 1

Just some random and not so random observations:

• Conklin getting less than Humphries is a little surprising... but he is pass blocking challenged T... so it's not 
  • Brees is getting 2/50M.
  • Miami is this year's Brows... Byron Jones 5/82M, Van Noy 4/51M, Lawson 3/30M, Erick Flowers 3/30M, Ogbah 2/15M 
  • Kendall Fuller got 4/40M... thought he would be a potential bargain level FA on a prove it type deal... 
  • Cooper at 5/100M O.o

Just some random and not so random observations:

• Conklin getting less than Humphries is a little surprising... but he is pass blocking challenged T... so it's not 
  • Brees is getting 2/50M.
  • Miami is this year's Brows... Byron Jones 5/82M, Van Noy 4/51M, Lawson 3/30M, Erick Flowers 3/30M, Ogbah 2/15M 
  • Kendall Fuller got 4/40M... thought he would be a potential bargain level FA on a prove it type deal... 
  • Cooper at 5/100M O.o