2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The secondary had this defense as a top 5 scoring defense over the last two years before it lost Butler and Adoree to injury during last season, cause the pass rush certainly wasn't the reason. And that was with receiving practically no help from the offense, especially this year during the Mariota stretch. Not exactly the 00 Ravens, but they were really good.

Some extra speed would be nice, but this group has already proven it can get it done at a high level.

Yeah....not terrible at all. But if we want to compete with the truly dangerous WR cores we need a little more.

Or maybe it was the scheme. Just seemed like a lot of completions happened when we needed stops the most. 

Not against Ryan but I'd like to add someone with a little more juice. 

Same on offense. 
Sharpe would be ok coming back, but we need someone with a little extra juice to take us to the next level.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah....not terrible at all. But if we want to compete with the truly dangerous WR cores we need a little more.

Or maybe it was the scheme. Just seemed like a lot of completions happened when we needed stops the most. 

Same on offense. 
Sharpe would be ok coming back, but we need someone with a little extra juice to take us to the next level.

The juice ought to come from Butler returning from injury, not replacing Ryan if it is possible to keep him

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

The juice ought to come from Butler returning from injury, not replacing Ryan if it is possible to keep him

Butler is good....don't take it like I think he isn't.....
I dunnno...maybe I can't explain it or don't feel like it..lol

But l think we need to upgrade.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I mean, we could use an upgrade just about everywhere, but our secondary is in pretty good shape as it is.  Butler, Jackson, and maybe even Hooker as our slot CB ain't bad.  Add an improved pass rush and they have to do a lot less.

The way the rules are, if you want to chase a CB corps that can, on their own, hang with the best WR groups, then you'll be looking forever.

Just now, KingTitan said:

The secondary is one of the best in the league with all of our pieces (or atleast was when we had Ryan). The only thing that needs done to it is replacing Ryan or re-signing him, but the major black eye to the defense is so clearly a lack of a pass rush. That’s where we need the juice

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I know what you mean and feel the same way

It be nice to get a guy with a little more size and speed as well

One thing that worries me a little bit and it’s more of an intangible thing than a skill thing but losing Ryan and Woodyard hurts in the leadership department 

I know we still have Casey Byard Butler and Vacarro but Ryan was the leader of the secondary I feel 

The good news is the draft is deep at CB so we can probably find a talented guy so I’m not sweating the CB need yet 

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Same on offense. 

That juice on offense is going to be Hump staying healthy, and Corey Davis. He's breaking out this trash coronavirus can't even shut my man down. 

Even if we did bring back Ryan(Blah), I’d still target CB relatively high. We’ve seen over the past few seasons that they’re very important too. Sims, Smith, and Brock are gone and we need to upgrade anyway which is why I love Jeff Gladney. Speed, physical, but I’ve only seen him work as an outside CB. Not sure if he can play inside.

if we can close out this free agency with bringing back logan ryan, i'd say we done good. Bringing back logan and tajae would be awesome! Tajae is one of the best depth WR in the league and i would love to have him back, especially in the event one of the top 3 guys go down. I like what JROB is doing so far. beasley effectively replaces cam wake, if we bring back logan ryan, there goes our need of drafting a corner high. if that happens, we could legit go into the draft with no "need starters" for our 22 starters on offense and defense. all of our picks could be for depth/future, starting with the 1st round pick which would be a great spot to be in. Could even position us to trade back and get more picks. we still need a back up qb, back up DT's, and WR. I think deondre walker will replace correa. 19 million left in cap space should leave us with the ability to fill in holes before the draft. 

• Like 1

Even if we bring back Logan Ryan I would still take a CB with the first pick if someone was there worth taking

Butler was a cap cut possibility this year and could very well be one next year 

Looking ahead though
Daquan comes off the books

Id be surprised if Davis’s option gets picked up 

Adoree’s will but they might look to talk extension in the summer 

Jayon Brown will need to be extended

I personally don't see Logan Ryan coming back. Think he wants too much money for what the Titans want to offer. Would need to take a discount unless his market is not what he thought.

I am not as worried about our CBs as others I guess. I am a believer in both Butler and Jackson as well Hooker was playing at an elite level in the slot as a CB in college. Need more depth in case of injury but our secondary is solid even without Ryan imo.

Obviously Ryan makes it better but would rather spend the money on another OLB, a solid back up QB or OL or DL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Even if we bring back Logan Ryan I would still take a CB with the first pick if someone was there worth taking

Butler was a cap cut possibility this year and could very well be one next year 

Looking ahead though
Daquan comes off the books

Id be surprised if Davis’s option gets picked up 

Adoree’s will but they might look to talk extension in the summer 

Jayon Brown will need to be extended

I agree CB is our biggest need right now, but more because we need to look toward replacing Jackson and having better depth overall than because we need to replace Logan.  I think Hooker was drafted to be the Ryan contingency plan, as Robinson has said before that he considers the draft more about the season next year than this one.  We also lost Sims in free agency and other depth guys, so a corner is a big need.  Personally, I just don't think there's a big difference in CB3 and CB7 in this class, so I'd trade down.

Was it you that bet me that Tom Brady signed elsewhere?  Because I owe someone my sig for the season.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I agree CB is our biggest need right now, but more because we need to look toward replacing Jackson and having better depth overall than because we need to replace Logan.  I think Hooker was drafted to be the Ryan contingency plan, as Robinson has said before that he considers the draft more about the season next year than this one.  We also lost Sims in free agency and other depth guys, so a corner is a big need.  Personally, I just don't think there's a big difference in CB3 and CB7 in this class, so I'd trade down.

Was it you that bet me that Tom Brady signed elsewhere?  Because I owe someone my sig for the season.

Replace Jackson 🥴 our best corner 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Replace Jackson 🥴 our best corner 

Our best corner?  That's a different tune than the forum was playing through most of the season.

Jackson is great, but any player that's gonna hit free agency needs a contingency plan.  We probably exercise his option for next season, but there may not be the money.  We have to extend Jayon Brown, and soon Jonnu.  It may come down to one of them vs. Jackson and the money may not make sense.  Or Beasley could go on a streak and make us want to re-sign him.  All kinds of things could happen.  The situation we don't want to be in is absolutely needing him back.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Our best corner?  That's a different tune than the forum was playing through most of the season.

Jackson is great, but any player that's gonna hit free agency needs a contingency plan.  We probably exercise his option for next season, but there may not be the money.  We have to extend Jayon Brown, and soon Jonnu.  It may come down to one of them vs. Jackson and the money may not make sense.  Or Beasley could go on a streak and make us want to re-sign him.  All kinds of things could happen.  The situation we don't want to be in is absolutely needing him back.

Ahh...the disadvantages of being a good team with good players. You're going to lose players along the way.

It's a "good" problem to have.

• Like 1