Senior Bowl

tannenballs

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Yep he has experience receiving as well as running the ball. Sounds like he has been playing RB this wk. Think he make a roster at either spot. 

Gibson is more intriguing to me at HB than WR, so that's good.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Thoughts on Annae as a prospect?

He has a diverse set of pass rush moves and a consistently hot motor, but I wasn't impressed by his tools.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Was pretty impressed. Looked good in practices, and had a great showing in the game. 

Must say, that LT from Miss State (Phillips?) was so laughably terrible. No way should he have been at LT and all alone. 

Annae looks like he uses his hands very well, and shows good burst. I'm not calling him a top 50 guy necessarily.. but he's got some things to work with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Gibson is more intriguing to me at HB than WR, so that's good.

Honestly I can see him as a starter at either position in the NFL. Though he has more experience at wr in his career. Also he's so explosive I'd want him at wr as it will be easier to get him in the open field. He'd be the perfect weapon for Kyle in SF.

Edited by sherm

12 minutes ago, sherm said:

Honestly I can see him as a starter at either position in the NFL. Though he has more experience at wr in his career. Also he's so explosive I'd want him at wr as it will be easier to get him in the open field. He'd be the perfect weapon for Kyle in SF.

I didn't see it at WR when I watched one of his games. Think of a guy like Cordarrelle Patterson. Amazing athlete and lethal with the ball in his hands. But you have to be able to consistently open in the NFL.

9 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Are we sure about this Montez character being an actual NFL prospect? 

I vote yes, but with emphasis on the prospect part. He's got some good tools to work with, but he's not a year 1 starter and probably not a franchise type guy. Colorado has been generally pretty poor on offense outside of a few players here and there and their coaching has been suspect outside of Mike Mac's super season, so I give him a little wiggle room. 

He's got a lot that needs to be ironed out, but given an upgrade in talent and a season or so of solid coaching, I can still see Montez growing into a backup/bridge QB type of role. 

16 hours ago, Counselor said:

I like him for the same reason other posters do. I don't think he's an every down starter necessarily, but he could be a really solid rotational piece. Depending on how well he tests out, I can see him working into 3rd/4th round potential and I wouldn't be upset taking him there. 

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

There isn't much Uche doesn't do well. Here he stones an interior lineman at full tilt. 

Yeah Uche is a freaking stud, no question 2nd rounder but with how good he looked in this game could easily sneak into the 1st round.  The BS talk of Baun being a 1st round pick in that Jeremiah mock constantly on NFL Network is just that BS, Uche is a far better player and is strong, better at the point of attack and surprisingly good in coverage for a rush edge player.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah Uche is a freaking stud, no question 2nd rounder but with how good he looked in this game could easily sneak into the 1st round.  The BS talk of Baun being a 1st round pick in that Jeremiah mock constantly on NFL Network is just that BS, Uche is a far better player and is strong, better at the point of attack and surprisingly good in coverage for a rush edge player.  

Agree with this

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This could be a Trey Hendrickson all over again. Except he will be drafted higher

Also, what are people's thoughts on Jonah Jackson? I thought he was pretty lights out.

I think he has 1st round potential and could easily be picked 1st round by a team in need of a OG.  He is easily the best OG in the draft I feel, had a great season and is very solid in the run game and pass pro.  

• Like 1