Eagles - Carsen Wentz

Giants - Daniel Jones

Cardinals - Kyler Murray

Texans - DeShaun Watson

Ravens - Lamar Jackson

Bills - Josh Allen

Seahawks - Russell Wilson

Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

I'd rather just start Tyrod and draft Tua/Herbert than go pay more money to get Mariota.

• Like 1

Patriots - Tom Brady

Bills - Josh Allen

Dolphins - Ryan Fitzpatrick (with Tua on the bench to potentially take over midseason)

Jets - Sam Darnold

Ravens - Lamar Jackson

Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger

Browns - Baker Mayfield

Bengals - Joe Burrow

Colts - Jacoby Brissett

Titans - Ryan Tannehill

Texans - Deshaun Watson

Jaguars - Andy Dalton

Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

Broncos - Drew Lock

Chargers - Tyrod Taylor (Justin Herbert on the bench)

Raiders - Derek Carr

Cowboys - Dak Prescott

Eagles - Carson Wentz

Giants - Daniel Jones

Redskins - Dwayne Haskins

Vikings - Kirk Cousins

Packers - Aaron Rodgers

Lions - Matt Stafford

Bears - Mitch Trubisky

Saints - Drew Brees

Falcons - Matt Ryan

Panthers - Kyle Allen

Buccaneers - Philip Rivers

Cardinals - Kyler Murray

49ers - Jimmy G

Seahawks - Russell Wilson

Rams - Jared Goff 

23 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Drew Lock is the Broncos starting QB next season, and that comes directly from the horse’s mouth. 

Denver will likely bring in a non-threatening veteran backup and spend one of their 12 picks on one, but it will be a late round guy who will likely be a PS player his rookie year. 

xD  This made me laugh.

• Like 1

I like to do this every year with the QBs, but this year its actually pretty exciting with such big names all potentially on the move. But ofcourse, it will all likely look mostly the same for 2020

I think there are 9 Franchises that have completely hitched their Wagons to a guy, and pretty much all rightfully so, but they wont even be tempted by anyone else; Ravens, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Eagles. The Lions are the only ones that might be tempted, but only due to the Injury Concerns.

After them, there is another 9 teams that are just behind that group, they are mostly first few year starters that the Teams will stick with no matter what for this year, but arent completely locked in; Jets, Bills, Browns, Broncos, Cardinals, Niners, Vikings, Giants, Redskins. Maybe Minnesota starts looking because its Kirk's last year on his deal, but thats really the only one.

Now is where the predictions start. I think Brady stays with the Patriots, Ben sticks around another year with the Steelers, and Brees ends up back with the Saints for another go (they hang onto Hill as the backup). Id also say that Dak and Tannehill both get extensions in Dallas and Tennessee. While the Bears, Raiders and Colts get marquee backups; Dalton in Chicago with a Tannehill type deal ($5-6-7 million with a ton of incentives), Winston goes to Vegas as Gruden goes nuts with QBs, and Mariota ends up in Indy, even though they fully expect Jacoby to be the guy, its an injury policy.

After those its the Draft picks, We all expect Burrow in Cincinnati at this point, and its a decent assumption that Tua is in Miami (I think they grab Bortles to potentially start the year, giving Tua time to get back into game shape, but its Tua team). Id say Jacksonville will have Foles as the starter because they owe him the money, and I know we all love Gardner, but if there is a chance to get great value of talent, they will jump on it, and I honestly think that Herbert could fall to #20 for their second pick of the first, and he ends up as a Jaguar.

That leaves 3 teams, so lets start with the one everyone is jumping on now, Rivers to the Bucs. Seems like Ariens is fed of with Jamies, and Phil wants one more shot at a playoff run. I know many say you are just moving from one INT machine to another, but with a better situation (in my eyes) Rivers could cut out a big chunk of those picks, and if he cuts the team INTs in half down to 15, thats probably 3 more wins, and they are in the playoffs. So lets then look where Rivers is departing from, The Chargers are basically irrelevant in LA at this point, and even with all the rumors, they are staying there for a few years in that brand new Stadium. And there is only a few ways to become relevant in LA, be a winner (which would take some time to prove in the NFL) or go get a Star, which is what they do to become relevant as quickly as possible. The Chargers trade for Cam Newton, in a very convoluted deal due to only 1 year left on his deal and his injury concerns. It starts as a 3rd in 2020, and a day 3 pick in 2021, which could escalate based upon games started, playoffs made, and resigning long term. Could be as high as a 1st in 2021, but is more likely to be a second day 2 pick. And finally to wrap it all up, its Cams replacement in Carolina, which will need to be more than Kyle Allen. There is one more legitimate starting option out there, that they can pay starter money, but likely for a shorter term deal, much like Jacoby's new deal. The Panthers get Teddy Bridgewater, and he can step in day one, but they can also look toward the future for someone else without feeling anchored to him if he doesnt thrive outside of that Saints system.

Just to Recap, the new Starters are;

• Phil Rivers in Tampa Bay
  • Cam Newton in LA [Chargers]
  • Teddy Bridgewater in Carolina
  • Joe Burrow in Cincinnati
  • Tua Tagovailoa in Miami (with Bortles as his backup)

And the other noteable backups who could take that Starting job are;

• Andy Dalton in Chicago
  • Jamies Winston in Las Vegas
  • Justin Herbert in Jacksonville
Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I like to do this every year with the QBs, but this year its actually pretty exciting with such big names all potentially on the move. But ofcourse, it will all likely look mostly the same for 2020

I think there are 9 Franchises that have completely hitched their Wagons to a guy, and pretty much all rightfully so, but they wont even be tempted by anyone else; Ravens, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Eagles. The Lions are the only ones that might be tempted, but only due to the Injury Concerns.

After them, there is another 9 teams that are just behind that group, they are mostly first few year starters that the Teams will stick with no matter what for this year, but arent completely locked in; Jets, Bills, Browns, Broncos, Cardinals, Niners, Vikings, Giants, Redskins. Maybe Minnesota starts looking because its Kirk's last year on his deal, but thats really the only one.

Now is where the predictions start. I think Brady stays with the Patriots, Ben sticks around another year with the Steelers, and Brees ends up back with the Saints for another go (they hang onto Hill as the backup). Id also say that Dak and Tannehill both get extensions in Dallas and Tennessee. While the Bears, Raiders and Colts get marquee backups; Dalton in Chicago with a Tannehill type deal ($5-6-7 million with a ton of incentives), Winston goes to Vegas as Gruden goes nuts with QBs, and Mariota ends up in Indy, even though they fully expect Jacoby to be the guy, its an injury policy.

After those its the Draft picks, We all expect Burrow in Cincinnati at this point, and its a decent assumption that Tua is in Miami (I think they grab Bortles to potentially start the year, giving Tua time to get back into game shape, but its Tua team). Id say Jacksonville will have Foles as the starter because they owe him the money, and I know we all love Gardner, but if there is a chance to get great value of talent, they will jump on it, and I honestly think that Herbert could fall to #20 for their second pick of the first, and he ends up as a Jaguar.

That leaves 3 teams, so lets start with the one everyone is jumping on now, Rivers to the Bucs. Seems like Ariens is fed of with Jamies, and Phil wants one more shot at a playoff run. I know many say you are just moving from one INT machine to another, but with a better situation (in my eyes) Rivers could cut out a big chunk of those picks, and if he cuts the team INTs in half down to 15, thats probably 3 more wins, and they are in the playoffs. So lets then look where Rivers is departing from, The Chargers are basically irrelevant in LA at this point, and even with all the rumors, they are staying there for a few years in that brand new Stadium. And there is only a few ways to become relevant in LA, be a winner (which would take some time to prove in the NFL) or go get a Star, which is what they do to become relevant as quickly as possible. The Chargers trade for Cam Newton, in a very convoluted deal due to only 1 year left on his deal and his injury concerns. It starts as a 3rd in 2020, and a day 3 pick in 2021, which could escalate based upon games started, playoffs made, and resigning long term. Could be as high as a 1st in 2021, but is more likely to be a second day 2 pick. And finally to wrap it all up, its Cams replacement in Carolina, which will need to be more than Kyle Allen. There is one more legitimate starting option out there, that they can pay starter money, but likely for a shorter term deal, much like Jacoby's new deal. The Panthers get Teddy Bridgewater, and he can step in day one, but they can also look toward the future for someone else without feeling anchored to him if he doesnt thrive outside of that Saints system.

Just to Recap, the new Starters are;

• Phil Rivers in Tampa Bay
  • Cam Newton in LA [Chargers]
  • Teddy Bridgewater in Carolina
  • Joe Burrow in Cincinnati
  • Tua Tagovailoa in Miami (with Bortles as his backup)

And the other noteable backups who could take that Starting job are;

• Andy Dalton in Chicago
  • Jamies Winston in Las Vegas
  • Justin Herbert in Jacksonville

I'm sorry but the colts got an up close and personal look at Mariota many times during his career, he's not going to be in Indy. Ballard is a smart guy, I'm not putting the same stock that a lot of other people are that Jacoby is going to be the starter next year. They have the money and the team to be very attractive to any free agent qb out there. 

12 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

I'm sorry but the colts got an up close and personal look at Mariota many times during his career, he's not going to be in Indy. Ballard is a smart guy, I'm not putting the same stock that a lot of other people are that Jacoby is going to be the starter next year. They have the money and the team to be very attractive to any free agent qb out there. 

Haven't seen it discussed much but to me Cam Newton in Indy feels like a great fit. 

4 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Haven't seen it discussed much but to me Cam Newton in Indy feels like a great fit. 

I think it would be a very good fit and it would allow him the perfect chance to resurrect his career at a place where the media attention is lower while also having a team capable of winning and a FO who has shown they are capable of winning. The only knocks against INDY seem to be possible concerns with their doctors/trainers and Irsay's penchant for being crazy.  But say what you want about Irsay he has always been a good owner for the players on the team, paying them when he doesn't have to, waiting to cut them until after roster bonus dates, giving a ring to Edge when they won and he was on Arizona. He is just unpredictable in all other facets of his life. 

20 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Youre really going to get up in arms about a Backup QB? And as that, Mariota is just fine, same thing Blake is, same thing many of these highly touted and drafted QBs are these days, decent enough backups to hold the team together for a game or two. 

There arent enough great QBs to be starters for every team in the league, so a decent backup is the best youre going to get, too many teams think they can still be "contenders" even with a backup QB, its just not reality for how most teams are built.

And honestly, I dont see any of these other QB options (Free Agent or Trade) are really upgrades from what you currently have in Jacoby, not sure who you think would be better at this point, especially to swallow the rest of his deal and pay out a similar one ontop of it

2 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

I think it would be a very good fit and it would allow him the perfect chance to resurrect his career at a place where the media attention is lower while also having a team capable of winning and a FO who has shown they are capable of winning.

You really think Cam wants LESS attention? Seems like it would be the other way with him