2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

Tom Pelissero -    NFL and NFLPA attorneys are expected to work through the weekend to finish the proposed collective bargaining agreement and get the document to players, who will vote on whether to ratify. The soonest that vote will happen is next week. For now, a lot of business on hold.

10 hours ago, Redt said:

Average life expectancy for male general population 74, average life expectancy for NFL player's 55. These guy's are trading dollars for 29 years less of life. What contributes to this discrepancy is multiple and while well compensated, you need to be alive to enjoy the money. If I were a player I would demand 50/50 share of revenues and then we will talk about extra games, but maybe I value life more than others.

19 years. Fixed that for you bud.

I think they are just bumping up the price for Hooper so it costs the bears more...

As far as Jones, I'd be thrilled if they could find a middle ground of a 2 year extension.
That gives Jones another bite of the apple while still young and gives GB 3 more seasons with him on the roster.

I understand the pushback on the blockbuster Elliott/Gurley/Bell deals, but those were all longer term.
We'll see if a little security is enough for him to stick around or if he wants the longer,  lifetime deal. If he does, he's gone

• Like 1