2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't really get the argument. Would you trade our WR core minus Adams for the Cards? I would easily (minus Hopkins). 

We had Adams though.  Lol.  Our 1-4 was significantly better than their 1-4 last year.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

We had Adams though.  Lol.  Our 1-4 was significantly better than their 1-4 last year.

Our 1 was significantly better than their #1, their #2 in Christian Kirk was significantly better than our #2. 3s and 4s we're turds on both sides. We win because #1 is the most important but please stop this WR argument. It's Adams and meh like it always has been. No different than DL, Clark and meh 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our 1 was significantly better than their #1, their #2 in Christian Kirk was significantly better than our #2. 3s and 4s we're turds on both sides. We win because #1 is the most important but please stop this WR argument. It's Adams and meh like it always has been. No different than DL, Clark and meh 

Prove to me that Kirk is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Lazard.  If Lazard played the same amount of games and starts, their numbers would be nearly identical.  Rodgers instead of Murray gives Kirk a slight edge.  The disparity between Kirk and Lazard is not remotely similar to that of Adams and Fitzgerald like you want to suggest it is.

Lazard has 3 full yards per catch more than Kirk.  Volume does not make a player better.

Prove to me that Kirk is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Lazard.  If Lazard played the same amount of games and starts, their numbers would be nearly identical.  Rodgers instead of Murray gives Kirk a slight edge.  The disparity between Kirk and Lazard is not remotely similar to that of Adams and Fitzgerald like you want to suggest it is.

Lazard has 3 full yards per catch more than Kirk.  Volume does not make a player better.

Kirk is really way better than lazard though

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't really get the argument. Would you trade our WR core minus Adams for the Cards? I would easily (minus Hopkins). 

That's why I'm saying I don't know what the argument is then. Because I commented that they are the anti-Packers now with their WR room. You added the "last year"

Look at their skillsets, look at where they were as prospects and where they were drafted. Kirk would do some real big things here, like healthy Randall Cobb things. There is no proof, it's sports and it's all subjective, but I would easily take Kirk to be my #2 over Lazard.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just kidding. Thought I'd throw that wildcard out there :)

Nope.  I've got Chris Jones.  You've got Kenny Clark.

Bet is the typical bet.  One month's mortgage/rent or an internet dollar (which is the equivalent of 100,000 Schrutte bucks), loser to chose the payout!  :)

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Kirk is really way better than lazard though

What are we talking here?  Give me a gauge.  Difference between Rice and Owens, or Carter and Moss?  

Im not denying he wasn’t better.  I’m CERTAINLY not saying he won’t BE significantly better.  Just for no real reason, I’m arguing last year.  Long term outlook obviously everyone picks Kirk, but last year I think the disparity between them wasn’t all that great.  

Hear me out though... Kenny Clark for a top 16 pick and do you do it?  I do.  I free up all that cap space and double dip at IDL with a top 20 pick and 30th overall on IDL and get 5 years of cheap IDL play.  Huge risk for huge reward.  Trade Clark, sign Linval Joseph and some other 30 plus IDL and then double dip.  Make 100% certain IDL is fixed just like we did at EDGE last year.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Hear me out though... Kenny Clark for a top 16 pick and do you do it?  I do.  I free up all that cap space and double dip at IDL with a top 20 pick and 30th overall on IDL and get 5 years of cheap IDL play.  Huge risk for huge reward.  Trade Clark, sign Linval Joseph and some other 30 plus IDL and then double dip.  Make 100% certain IDL is fixed just like we did at EDGE last year.

Certain you could get Brown or Kinlaw with whichever pick you're getting? I'm not. Then at 30 it doesn't look great for IDL either...