2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd just rather sign Poe or Harrison now and focus the draft on offense.

I know its been discussed before...
But could the Packers sign more of a 1-tech NT type like Poe and move Kenny over to 3-tech on some (not all) downs ?
There's plusses and minuses for the move, but the NT types are cheaper and easier to find

The FA WR market activity is finally picking up now. 

For speedsters Paul Richardson and Breshad Perryman is still available, for a big guy Devin Funchess is still there too.

If FA WR was an absolute disaster then I can see us just simply re-signing Geronimo Allison. Yuck.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

For speedsters Paul Richardson and Breshad Perryman is still available, for a big guy Devin Funchess is still there too.

If FA WR was an absolute disaster then I can see us just simply re-signing Geronimo Allison. Yuck.

Image result for jake kumerow smile

In the past hour, the Panthers have signed Anderson, the Niners added Benjamin and the Seahawks added Dorsett. The latter two are not huge names by any means but teams around us are continuing to try to get better. We haven't...to date. After the Rodgers restructuring I thought this was going to be the "all-in" year. I'm getting the sense now that's not the case. This looks like a team willing to patch a few holes  just so we can stay in the mix, but mainly focused on getting comp picks for the 2021 draft. 

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

If the Packers resign Allison, Gute should be fired and that's not hyperbole, lol. 

Richardson and Gabriel would be my top two targets now. Not a big fan of Perriman, nor was I big fan of Anderson even though he was probably the best option out there at the time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers resign Allison, Gute should be fired and that's not hyperbole, lol. 

Richardson and Gabriel would be my top two targets now. Not a big fan of Perriman, nor was I big fan of Anderson even though he was probably the best option out there at the time. 

Richardson and Gabriel aren't good.

Just sign some defensive vets, Poe, Harrison, Wolfe, Griffen, Rhodes, Darby, etc.. Draft a bunch of offensive players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Richardson and Gabriel aren't good.

Just sign some defensive vets, Poe, Harrison, Wolfe, Griffen, Rhodes, Darby, etc.. Draft a bunch of offensive players.

Either one would be improve our squad and don't require a 2-3 year learning curve in order to produce. Maybe we get lucky and draft a WR who pulls a Samuel or Metcalf and produces in year 1 but that's not the norm. In reality, we needed both, it was pretty obvious. Gute struck out this year. 

Signing defense would be fine at this point. Another year of ignoring the offensive skill positions. It is what it is. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Either one would be improve our squad and don't require a 2-3 year learning curve in order to produce. Maybe we get lucky and draft a WR who pulls a Samuel or Metcalf and produces in year 1 but that's not the norm. In reality, we needed both, it was pretty obvious. Gute struck out this year. 

Signing defense would be fine at this point. Another year of ignoring the offensive skill positions. It is what it is. 

I'd take the shot on a rookie over vets who haven't done much with other teams. Not really interested in adding a WR to say we did. 

The vets in defense available far outweigh the talent of available WRs and TEs.

Lazard was essentially a rookie this year, the whole Rodgers takes forever to throw to him and a rookie needs 2-3 years is just for the guys like MVS who don't get it instantly. Have to draft a smart player.