The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, soulman said:

Someone to replace Chris Harris whose a UFA and looking for similar money with some guarantees.  Bouye is out of gtd $$$ so it's play for pay with him, he's 2 years younger, and Fangio has always liked him.  We wanted him back in 2017 but he wanted to stay in the AFC South so he signed with JAX.

I get all that. My problem is trading a 4th rounder for him when you probably could've gotten him for a 6 since JAC was about to release him

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I get all that. My problem is trading a 4th rounder for him when you probably could've gotten him for a 6 since JAC was about to release him

Other than the probability that JAX was shopping him and there were other offers I can't say.  And we can't be sure JAX was gonna release him vs taking the best trade offer they received.  That's only an assumption.  If a 6th would have done it then my guess is that's what the Donkeys would have paid but someone else offered a higher pick.  That seems somewhat logical right?

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He is competition, he sets a floor on how bad the QB play will be. His upside is zilch, but that might be perfect for Pace.

If they send a pick back and Foles is down for reworking his guaranteed I think you have to seriously consider it.

I agree if it’s a high pick (2 or MAYBE a 3), but the clamoring for a proven stiff in Foles from the natives will be absurdly loud from day one, for a guy who’s twice been relieved midseason of his starting duties and will have been traded twice if acquired within 1 year of signing a pretty lucrative FA deal. Anyone who’s ever turned to him to be any kind of an answer has cut bait. Quickly. Foles is a low rent Joe Flacco with a cooler nickname. That he went to U of A only makes it worse too. That’s not why I hate him for the Bears though - I hate him for the Bears cuz he suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree if it’s a high pick (2 or MAYBE a 3), but the clamoring for a proven stiff in Foles from the natives will be absurdly loud from day one, for a guy who’s twice been relieved midseason of his starting duties and will have been traded twice if acquired within 1 year of signing a pretty lucrative FA deal. Anyone who’s ever turned to him to be any kind of an answer has cut bait. Quickly. Foles is a low rent Joe Flacco with a cooler nickname. That he went to U of A only makes it worse too. That’s not why I hate him for the Bears though - I hate him for the Bears cuz he suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. 

Because Foles played amazing in playoff and SB run.  People have to remember Flacco did too, but you aren't screaming for Flacco.

If you could get Foles at his best then he is a no brainer especially since he knows the offense, but no way he is available either.  

I don't know why Foles is so inconsistent in his play.  It's kind of weird how he can be really good and really bad alternatively.  

👕
5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Because Foles played amazing in playoff and SB run.  People have to remember Flacco did too, but you aren't screaming for Flacco.

If you could get Foles at his best then he is a no brainer especially since he knows the offense, but no way he is available either.  

I don't know why Foles is so inconsistent in his play.  It's kind of weird how he can be really good and really bad alternatively.  

giphy.gif

Foles had 1 god-like season and a hell of a playoff run and then has sucked basically every other time he had real playing time. The more I look at him the worse he looks to me. To me that is an easy "hell no." I would be fine with him as a number 2 for $4 mil a year though, irrelevant as that is to this situation. 

• Like 1

😐

On 3/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, RunningVaccs said:

We could be the jags just a few years late

This is why I'd love the Bears to nuke it all until they have a QB, defensive windows slam shut in a hurry

This is why I want to mortgage everything to move up. For Burrow I would trade both 2s this year and then 2021 and 2022's 1st and 2nd round picks. I'd do the same for Lawrence and add in the same for a 2023 (since we'd already have used our 2020 picks). If you don't have a franchise QB you can't have sustained success. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Leonard Fournette deleted everything off his Instagram. I'm trading a 4 for him right now. 

Meh. We don't even really have the cap space to take his contract on, do we? I believe he's still on the rookie deal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Didn't this get broken by a Twitter account that's an NFL 'insider' disguised as a dog? The original tweet had "bark bark" on the end...

God I hope we're just congratulating him on his career. I'd rather re-sign Glennon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Didn't this get broken by a Twitter account that's an NFL 'insider' disguised as a dog? The original tweet had "bark bark" on the end...

God I hope we're just congratulating him on his career. I'd rather re-sign Glennon.

If Eli is signed, I'm done being a fan.

• Like 1