Kareem Hunt - Cited for Speeding

brooks1957

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I get that youre a cop.  It really is that simple as do the math.  Especially since the drug war laws have been rendered pretty terrible, unnecessary and expensive by even conservatives such as chuck grassley who made criminal justice reform a priority until sessions and barr took us back to the bad ol days of the 80s which focused on mandatory minimum sentences and not rehabilitation.  We have more people imprisoned in the entire world.  The majority of them are black and yet they make 10 percent of our population.

when i was young i thought the prison song by system of a down was dumb but turns out it was the smartest song they wrote.

It’s not. At all.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Maybe I’m wrong Pnies, but from my experience it’s usually the younger and less experienced cops that are a problem. They always seem to be more “on edge” if that makes sense.

I can see that being true.

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Without looking, what are the mandatory minimums for narcotics? How/when Are they applied? 

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/un-report-on-racial-disparities/

Federal prosecuters are twice as likely tk charge Aftrican americans with charges that carry mandatory minimum sentences

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/criminal-justice/reports/2018/06/27/452819/ending-war-drugs-numbers/

People of color account for 70% of charges convicted with mandatory minimum  sentencing

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mistakey said:

No, the biggest factor by far is race.

I'll bet you it's the poor black population that makes up the majority, just like the poor white and Latino population.

Also, you are much more likely to get caught in poor high crime neighborhoods which helps with demographics.

Also, mostly just the dumb ones get caught so be smarter at what you do even if it is crime.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'll bet you it's the poor black population that makes up the majority, just like the poor white and Latino population.

Even if it is the case, which it probably is even tjough you havent actually made your case,  it then follows that poor black people are incarcerated more absolutely and at a much higher rate than poor white people so

still about race

• Like 1

Just now, mistakey said:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/un-report-on-racial-disparities/

Federal prosecuters are twice as likely tk charge Aftrican americans with charges that carry mandatory minimum sentences

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/criminal-justice/reports/2018/06/27/452819/ending-war-drugs-numbers/

People of color account for 70% of charges convicted with mandatory minimum  sentencing

Not what I asked. This is why I’m not going to take the time to write out a response or have any more of a debate here. You don’t have any concept of what the man mins are in length or weight but you want to debate why they’re unfair? No thanks.

You aren’t going to learn enough from these skewed articles to know what is actually happening nor do I believe you even want to know anything that will begin to change your mind. 

Since you’re worried about people being locked up for weed take a guess at what the 5 year man min is for marijuana.... I’ll just tell you it would fill half of the bonus room I’m in right now... probably 4 feet off the floor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Even if it is the case, which it probably is even tjough you havent actually made your case,  it then follows that poor black people are incarcerated more absolutely and at a much higher rate than poor white people so

still about race

Where do you think the majority of calls For service take place in a large city?