Chargers Officially Move on from Rivers

BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They must have FA plans and/or impressed with Love or Herbert at the Senior Bowl. 

Props to Rivers. Was a Top 10 QB most years and Top 5 a lot of years. Arm looked shot last year though. 

I think it's just more of a mutual parting than had anything to do with being impressed with either Love or Herbert.  I'm sure in the exit interview that Rivers told them he was leaning towards leaving.  

Interesting. Looked fairly bad the latter half of this past season, but still has a TON of experience under his belt and given enough talent around him, I think he could still lead a team pretty far. Wonder who might be interested in his services next year? Colts and Raiders seem like the logical options given where they're slated to be picking in the draft and the uncertainty surrounding their current starters. If he's fully healthy and motivated, I think he could really excel in the Colts system.

53 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

I wonder how much this has to do with his ability and how much it has to do with the chargers wanting a fresh start on the new stadium.

I still think it was more of Phillip wanting a fresh start away from that lackluster of an organization. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Kinda suspected this happening, but it's a little surreal now that it's official.

He looked amazing last year. This year he looked awful. Any Chargers fans care to give insight on this?

He isn't as over-hill yet as his numbers last year would show but he is near the end. He no longer can over come terrible OL play and will need a strong interior OL on his next team. He's numbers when Russell Okung and Mike Pouncey were starting and when they weren't were night and day difference.

• Like 4