Gophers World Mafia, Game Over, Reporters & Town Win

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I liked Rogue One a lot. Loved it, actually.

I enjoyed the universe growing up, but I'll admit the plot and points are paper thin for large swaths of the movies. Perhaps it's oversaturation, I don't know. I used to think the prequels were horrible - they are, but the originals weren't exactly fantastic (they were good) and the newest ones are really cringe worthy.

I've got the last movie to watch, but I'm in no real rush to get to that... I guess I have to finish Solo, too. Got halfway through that one on Netflix.

The Mandalorian and Rogue One are the benchmarks, IMO. I'm also a sucker for Gina Carano - the fact that she could completely kick the ever loving hell out of me makes her MORE attractive to me. She looks like she could be Danica Patrick's older, rougher around the edges cousin, the one who's do shots with you before getting into a fight with someone. I can get behind that - you know... hate to watch her go, but love to watch her leave kinda action.

I have spoken.

Rogue One was an okay movie but not one that I'm dying to see again. Haven't seen Solo - haven't really wanted to with how much I dislike the newest trilogy. The first one is the only one that I'd say I even enjoyed. The originals are certainly more legend than they are great. Definitely meh on the prequels.

Agree with the last part about Carano.

14 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Watched a decent bit of it the other day. I know this isn't saying a lot but it's the most impressive Star Wars product that's been made in my lifetime

I would have to agree with this.

We've gotten decent movies (Rogue One, TLJ, ROTS, TFA) etc. The animated stuff has always been pretty solid if a bit goofy.

But it's easily the best star wars material since the OT. 

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I liked Rogue One a lot. Loved it, actually.

I enjoyed the universe growing up, but I'll admit the plot and points are paper thin for large swaths of the movies. Perhaps it's oversaturation, I don't know. I used to think the prequels were horrible - they are, but the originals weren't exactly fantastic (they were good) and the newest ones are really cringe worthy.

I've got the last movie to watch, but I'm in no real rush to get to that... I guess I have to finish Solo, too. Got halfway through that one on Netflix.

The Mandalorian and Rogue One are the benchmarks, IMO. I'm also a sucker for Gina Carano - the fact that she could completely kick the ever loving hell out of me makes her MORE attractive to me. She looks like she could be Danica Patrick's older, rougher around the edges cousin, the one who's do shots with you before getting into a fight with someone. I can get behind that - you know... hate to watch her go, but love to watch her leave kinda action.

I have spoken.

Rogue one is one of those movies where I love the idea but have issues with the characters. Nothing will top that end sequence though, love that was a late addition. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Whicker send me a message in the BDL chat about giving me pick 11

There's a BDL scum chat again? 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Rogue One was an okay movie but not one that I'm dying to see again. Haven't seen Solo - haven't really wanted to with how much I dislike the newest trilogy. The first one is the only one that I'd say I even enjoyed. The originals are certainly more legend than they are great. Definitely meh on the prequels.

The originals paved the way for so much, Pixar, IL&M, Lucasfilm, practical effects, blue screen/green screens etc. The impact they had on hollywood and movie making is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

what is your favorite Star Wars property and why?

(very important)

The Despecialized Edition. For those who aren't in the know, it's a fan restoration of the Original Trilogy to make the movies look like it did when they originally hit theaters (Lucasfilm made significant changes to the movies when they hit home video).

• Like 1

Just now, DingoLadd said:

I would have to agree with this.

We've gotten decent movies (Rogue One, TLJ, ROTS, TFA) etc. The animated stuff has always been pretty solid if a bit goofy.

But it's easily the best star wars material since the OT. 

Rogue one is one of those movies where I love the idea but have issues with the characters. Nothing will top that end sequence though, love that was a late addition. 

There's a BDL scum chat again? 

The originals paved the way for so much, Pixar, IL&M, Lucasfilm, practical effects, blue screen/green screens etc. The impact they had on hollywood and movie making is ridiculous.

Not a scum chat. Whicky, Rags and I have a chat where we talk about prospects 

6 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Rogue One was better the first watch than al subsequent watches IMO

Just now, Counselor said:

Whicky, Rags and I have a chat where we talk about prospects 

5. Players cannot have game related communication with others through any medium other than this thread unless you are specifically allowed to. This includes, but is not limited to other thread, PMs or other [spam]s. 

Got em.