Boston trades Mookie to the Dodgers

pwny

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

The sign stealing the MLB said they found no evidence of?

generally speaking, not finding definite proof does not mean innocence. However, the most recent update i can find is manfred is trying to have decisions made before camp. Can you link a reputable article showing where mlb cleared them?

55 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

generally speaking, not finding definite proof does not mean innocence. However, the most recent update i can find is manfred is trying to have decisions made before camp. Can you link a reputable article showing where mlb cleared them?

The screenshot, not Carrabis 😂

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Man, Boston us coming off as the scummiest of all organizations. First the sign stealing that really puts an asterisk on their world series and now this crap?  hopefully it goes through just so theyll suck for the next 4-5 years.

How is it scummy?  If they don't like what the medicals say, they have every right to turn down the trade.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slateman said:

How is he a known commodity? The Twins dont share medical records and evaluations with all the other teams.

Red Sox conducted their own exam and evaluated his injuries. They didn't have his entire medical history prior to the trade. Graterol was starting games in the minors this season.

It's entirely possible that Boston viewed him as a starter, however nobody else did. He's a 2 pitch guy with a "fire hydrant" body type and an injury history.

http://twinsdaily.com/articles.html/_/minnesota-twins-news/minnesota-twins-minor-leagues/twins-daily-2019-top-prospects-3-brusdar-graterol-r7517

For what it's worth, Keith Law – who placed the 20-year-old outside of his top 100 at ESPN – said, "To a man, every scout or exec I asked about Graterol used some declension of the word 'reliever' in his response."

That article is from a year ago. Since then he suffered a major shoulder injury and his value has gone down.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Slateman said:

How is he a known commodity? The Twins dont share medical records and evaluations with all the other teams.

Actually, I believe they do. Wasn't there some team a few years ago that got busted for having fake medicals put up on the leaguewide database? I know there is a database for player medicals so that teams don't run into these issues. Maybe it doesn't extend to the minor leagues ?

I feel like the team that got popped was either the Cardinals or the braves? I feel like @ramssuperbowl99 would know 

10 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

1. that doesnt rely say what you say it did

2. even if it turns out that tweet is the case, it would prob be smarter on your end if you held off til it was more widely reported by industry guys in the know. 

It does... Red Sox aren't getting a light punishment if they had some elaborate cheating scheme. It doesn't matter though. You want the Red Sox to be guilty so you'll spin zone whatever you want to make it true tbh. Its pretty clear Cora was the scape goat for the Astros though.

35 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It's entirely possible that Boston viewed him as a starter, however nobody else did. He's a 2 pitch guy with a "fire hydrant" body type and an injury history.

http://twinsdaily.com/articles.html/_/minnesota-twins-news/minnesota-twins-minor-leagues/twins-daily-2019-top-prospects-3-brusdar-graterol-r7517

That article is from a year ago. Since then he suffered a major shoulder injury and his value has gone down.

I mean, the first 3 scouting reports I read on Graterol talked about his upside as a starting pitcher. The Red Sox viewed him as a potential SP moving forward, obviously something in the medical spooked them so they backed out. The Dodgers aren't worried about it, likely because they dont need a SP like the Red Sox do. If Graterol ends up being a bullpen arm for them they will be more than fine, the Red Sox couldn't afford to take on a SP prospect as one of the center pieces of a Mookie deal and have him end up as a bullpen arm.

People acting like this is some shady move by the Red Sox are completely out of touch with reality.