2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kendall Fuller, Austin Hooper and Thomas Davis is now kinda what I’m expecting. I think they’ll spend big on Hooper and go the cheaper route on others which is probably the smart play for a 3-13 team. While I’d love to have Amari Cooper, I just don’t think he’s worth the money he wants. 

Subtract Davis and add Joe Schobert, add Jason Peters for a year and Tre Boston for three — that’s the best case offseason in my book. That’s a big spending offseason, but Riverboat Ron refuses to rely on rebuilding. 

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Subtract Davis and add Joe Schobert, add Jason Peters for a year and Tre Boston for three — that’s the best case offseason in my book. That’s a big spending offseason, but Riverboat Ron refuses to rely on rebuilding. 

I could see that too. I would guess we’ll be in on Cooper too but he will just get way out of our price range. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I'm more than happy to let him go and potentially get a pick for him.

I’d rather trade Scherff, pay Flowers $10M a year and put Martin in his spot before I would pay $16M a year for Scherff or just lose him next year too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Man, we have sign some peeps . Just be an offset . No pick sadly . 

Correct. 

I guess it’s possible that we’d still be in position to net a comp pick, given that we might be having CT, Keenum, McCoy, Bostic, Penn, and Bergstrom all walk as UFAs in addition to Flowers. 

But I would be very surprised if we didn’t sign at least $10M+ player, and that would offset the pick for Flowers, even if we did lose a surplus of UFAs. 

• Like 1