2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don't know why you are so upset. It's going to be ok. There are still good players out there for us to sign like those you mentioned, Jack Conklin, Corey Littleton, Amari Cooper, Byron Jones, James Bradberry etc. 

I wanted Hopper too, but it's not going to ruin my day that we didn't sign him.

My friend, is there going to come a time that it does ruin your day that the Redskins have struck out in FA? 

Now your boy Conklin is out, as is Vaitai. Unless they sign Cooper or find a way to sucker a team into including OBJ or Diggs or Hunter Henry into a trade for Trent, it looks very much like they’re going to be definitively worse on offense after this offseason. Which is really inexcusable. They are wasting the most critical years of Haskins. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

My friend, is there going to come a time that it does ruin your day that the Redskins have struck out in FA? 

Now your boy Conklin is out, as is Vaitai. Unless they sign Cooper or find a way to sucker a team into including OBJ or Diggs or Hunter Henry into a trade for Trent, it looks very much like they’re going to be definitively worse on offense after this offseason. Which is really inexcusable. They are wasting the most critical years of Haskins. 

And with as much cap space as we have, this is malpractice

• Like 2

Conklin must have been wearing a mask. He’s a good RT, but what they paid him is nuts. 

glad we didn’t do it. And glad Case is gone. 

brothers- this is a multi season approach. We are going to be better than we were because we have competent coaches who have a track record of developing potential. There’s a long way to go before the first play that counts. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10391979

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sorry, as my dad said I don’t get a check in the mail. It’s not going to ruin my day.

How can you possibly day they’re definitively going to be worse on offense?

There are more FAs available then the top FAs where we can still improve our team. Also, I expect our young WRs to improve and Haskins to improve as he did the last month of the season. I also will be shocked if Guice & Love don’t contribute something to the offense this year as well. We have our OBJ/Diggs/Cooper already, his name is Terry MFin McLaurin, teams couldn’t stop him last year even when he was our only reliable WR until Steven Sims emerged the last month of the year.

Just bc we’re going to be young and inexperienced in a lot of spots doesn’t mean it’s doomsday. 

Nice try though. 

Edited by turtle28

I’m completely okay with Fuller being out biggest name. Give me him and Shoebert, or the bears ILB. Like I’m cool with keeping the money until next year if we know Haskins just needs that over the top type offseason or if we need our money because we still need to find a QB

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sorry, as my dad said I don’t get a check in the mail. It’s not going to ruin my day.

How can you possibly day they’re definitively going to be worse on offense?

There are more FAs available then the top FAs where we can still improve our team. Also, I expect our young WRs to improve and Haskins to improve as he did the last month of the season. I also will be shocked if Guice & Love don’t contribute something to the offense this year as well.

Just bc we’re going to be young and inexperienced in a lot of spots doesn’t mean it’s doomsday. 

Nice try though. 

Haskins, Guice, and Love are already ON the team. As such, their progression will be what it will be. Since this is FA period, please point out the remaining FAs that we will need to sign that @e16bball didn't mention in order for us to have improved in your opinion. If none, say it and then we can avoid signing anyone.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m completely okay with Fuller being out biggest name. Give me him and Shoebert, or the bears ILB. Like I’m cool with keeping the money until next year if we know Haskins just needs that over the top type offseason or if we need our money because we still need to find a QB

This sounds like what Nats fans said when Harper left. We’ll just save the money for Rendon lol