2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

Just now, e16bball said:

Two things. The first is that he’s really at his best in the slot, not nearly as good on the outside, and that’s basically the only position we’ve actually addressed this offseason. 

Second thing is, has there ever been more of a change in how you’d perceive a person based on using a nickname versus their real name? Mack Alexander sounds like a fullback or a long haul trucker. Mackensie Alexander sounds like a social media influencer or sorority girl. 

Ah, but would I have taken Mac(kenzie) deal over Fuller deal? Interesting question.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think this is why I'm so ticked off. We haven't addressed the position (yet) and we're sitting on a pile of cash. I'll admit I'm a bit impatient in this regard as I expected TE to be their first priority in terms of signings

Delanie Walker is the best fit for now and Vannett has potential. I don't get the disappoint with Hooper. He's a very good pass catcher and playing in the offense with Matt Ryan and great receivers he always was the third guy the defense worried about. Hes a terrible run blocker. I think hes over-rated and watch he will not come near to last years productivity in Cleveland.  

Keep in mind Rivera and Turner know tight ends. Turner was in Chicago and got fired when Olsen was there. Rivera scooped him up and the rest of the story is pretty successful. I wont be shocked at a trade during the draft if the guy they want isn't there at number 2 we get for Trent. Yes I'm optimistic on both getting the 2 and the tight end.

Less optimistic fixing our OL this year.  Will be very weak. But thats been the decade for going on a decade or more. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Two things. The first is that he’s really at his best in the slot, not nearly as good on the outside, and that’s basically the only position we’ve actually addressed this offseason. 

Second thing is, has there ever been more of a change in how you’d perceive a person based on using a nickname versus their real name? Mack Alexander sounds like a fullback or a long haul trucker. Mackensie Alexander sounds like a social media influencer or sorority girl. 

Maybe he and Haskins will be pinned- yeah its from the 50's

2 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I wonder if the combo of Scherff deal + TWill trade holding up the team in FA.

Not sure why. We have the luxury of doing Scherff's long term deal after FA is over. Trent's already on the books so trading him will only detract from that total (and I highly doubt if we trade him for a player that the player will account for more than $14.5m in cap space this year.)

• Like 1

I gotta feeling Trent will be with us this year, I mean if someone needs a LT they could always sign Peters or Penn for 1 year.

after seeing what Good tackles got on the open market in FA his age or younger I hope it humbles him. 

I would take him back if he took A deal like Costanzos. Give him that extension starting after this season. 

really hope he gets humbled and sees that teams don’t think he’s worth as much as he wants. He’s not someone we trade for a conditional pick

im also fine with him just playing out his contract as well. It at least serves a need for 1 more year

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I gotta feeling Trent will be with us this year, I mean if someone needs a LT they could always sign Peters or Penn for 1 year.

after seeing what Good tackles got on the open market in FA his age or younger I hope it humbles him. 

I would take him back if he took A deal like Costanzos. Give him that extension starting after this season. 

really hope he gets humbled and sees that teams don’t think he’s worth as much as he wants. He’s not someone we trade for a conditional pick

im also fine with him just playing out his contract as well. It at least serves a need for 1 more year

I have come to this conclusion as well. There's still a few places he could end up but there is absolutely no chatter on Trent.