Magic: the Gathering - War of the Spark Mafia -GAME OVER - The Gatewatch defeats Nicol Bolas!

Whicker

16 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

So explain to me why would scum kill orca if he was never gonna invest counselor? 

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How many scum you think there are?  Taking out an investigation role is pretty typical isn't it?

Yeah I don’t get this pickle. I’d kill him if I was scum even if I didn’t think he would investigate me. What if he investigated my teammates?

On 2/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, Whicker said:

Kingseanjohn had been through some tough times. Orphaned at a young age, the one positive from his parent's death was the eruption of his magical powers. Extremely adept at defensive magic, kingseanjohn was put through rigorous training regimes. One of them resulted in his spark and plansewalk to Ravnica.

Of course, with his luck, he traveled to a plane stuck in a brutal war. An evil dragon was laying waste to the land, and somehow he had been recruited to fight against him. He never wanted this, but, despite not understanding his new powers, knew he had to put them to good use. He found the courage to run out into that battlefield with his shield raised high.

But somehow, something had gone wrong. It was all a blur to him. He remembers trying to protect a friend; scared for his life. And then nothing. Now he was floating in a stasis field awaiting his fate.

A massive dragon filled the sky above him. He knew this was Nicol Bolas. He had never seen him face to face before. Kingseanjohn was filled with dread.

Nicol Bolas put his claw down on kingseanjohn's chest. A purple haze appeared, and kingseanjohn slumped over dead.

@kingseanjohn is dead. He was Teyo, the Shield Mage

--------------‐------‐

Who's next?” Nicol Bolas asked as he arose from kingseanjohn's dead body. He glanced over at the stasis field next to him. Inside floated a large golem.

Ah yes, Master. This one was caught working on some artifacts for The Gatewatch. He was the one who stole the spark-detecting goggles from our Izzet friends.”

Bolas laughed. “You cost me quite the army with that one,” he said as he menacingly stared into MD4L's eyes. “I've got a special spell for you.” A ball of energy appeared in his hand. It was the last sight MD4L would see.

@MD4L has been exiled. He was Karn, the Great Creator

21 hours ago, Whicker said:

A chaotic, emotional, and power hungry individual, SirA had always admired the Gruul way of life. He was always a bit on the small side, though, and he had been constantly rejected by the clans. Nicol Bolas changed all of that. SirA had seen him topple Vitu-Ghazi Elemental, and he knew immediately he wanted to be on the dragon's side. Bolas himself noticed the confidence yet naivety in the young boy, and he took him in.

But that was a while ago. Bolas, it seemed, had long forgotten about young SirA. He was growing in power, and he no longer needed the destructive Gruul Clans to assist him in tearing down Ravnica. So when The Elderspell was cast, Bolas cared very little that his young admirer got caught up in the blast. In fact, it was something he didn't even know he wanted.

@SirA1 has been killed! He was

Domri Rade, Anarch of Bolas (Nicol Bolas aligned)

‐---------------------------‐

Orca was deep in meditation. He knew that this war was going to be won with his mind. The rest of the planeswalkers could all summon their creatures or use their great battle skills to keep Bolas at bay, but not Orca. He was just going to sit here and use his telepathy to find it all out. Some of these planeswalkers were working with Nicol Bolas, and he was going to figure out who.

He closed his eyes and sunk further from reality. He was soon traveling the minds of the planeswalkers, looking for any alignment hints. He gasped as he discovered another truth.

However, when he opened his eyes, he was suspended in a stasis field. Above him was a small figure. He recognized her immediately. “Why?” he asked her. She said nothing as she plunged her magical dagger into Orca's heart.

@The Orca has been assassinated! He was

Jace, Telepath Unbound (Gatewatch aligned)

‐‐---‐----------------‐

Dome had been keeping a safe distance from it all. He wasn't a fighter. He was a scientist. A researcher. All he cared about was the truth. There was no reason to interfere and put himself in danger. He had a family to get back to!

But this one was a little bit too big. There would be no discoveries to make if Nicol Bolas controlled the Multiverse! So he kept peering through that looking glass, waiting for that moment.

However, he hadn't realized how big of a threat he had made himself to the dragon. Bolas was nearing god-hood. He was as strong as he wanted to be. But the knowledge he still feared. Dome soon awoke in his laboratory to find his scrolls all missing. He panicked and ran outside. His way was blocked by a big dragon. In some way, Dome cared more about his scrolls being burned than his own spark being ripped away.

@Dome has been exiled! He was

Tamiyo, Field Researcher (Gatewatch aligned)

‐-----------------------‐

Swag had always fought for freedom and justice. Abused and tortured at a young age, he had grown into a powerful warrior knight with a multitude of army building and bolstering spells. He had not heard of the Gatewatch, but he, like others, had received the distress call from the Interplanar Beacon. This was the perfect war for him.

Swag was right in the thick of it all. His massive swordspear, Godsend, tore through Bolas' army easily. His soldiers fought valiantly. He felt in command of the war.

But even Swag was not an infallible general. Nicol Bolas had tricked him. He and his soldiers thought they had the opportunity they had been waiting for. They marched straight into Bolas' Citadel. None of them returned.

@SwAg has been exiled! He was

Elspeth, Sun's Champion (Gatewatch aligned)

N1: md4l is exiled ( dragon / Bolas)

N2:

Orca assassinated by a small female he recognized

Dome exiled by dragon 

Swag exiled, trick by Bolas marching his soldiers into Bolas citadel

‐--------------‐

Possible specific flavor of the kills.

Whicker game The Wire had specific flavor for who made the kill